1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Npower League Two 27th Aug

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Aug 24, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Saturday 27th August 2011

15:00 Acc. Stanley 11/10 Draw 23/10 Burton Albion 2/1
    15:00 Bradford 5/4 Draw 23/10 Barnet 7/4
    15:00 Bristol Rov 4/7 Draw 13/5 Hereford 4/1
    15:00 Cheltenham 13/5 Draw 13/5 Crawley Town 4/5
    15:00 Dagenham 11/10 Draw 23/10 Torquay 2/1
    15:00 Macclesfield 6/4 Draw 9/4 AFC Wimbledon 6/4
    15:00 Northampton 10/11 Draw 12/5 Morecambe 23/10 47
    15:00 Oxford 10/11 Draw 23/10 Aldershot Town 5/2
    15:00 Plymouth 6/4 Draw 23/10 Crewe 11/8
    15:00 Port Vale 6/5 Draw 23/10 Southend 15/8
    15:00 Rotherham 5/4 Draw 23/10 Gillingham 7/4
    15:00 Shrewsbury 6/5 Draw 23/10 Swindon 15/8
    Odds Skybet
  2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Those with a Vic Chandler account (I haven't) might look at Sean Rigg to net for Port Vale. He's got four in five games in all competitions, although two braces mean he's only scored in two. I think the general 13/8 or 5/4 ish is about right - VC's 13/5 and Paddy's 12/5 look a bit long to me.

It's also very early in the season and Gillingham's place looks to me a little false - they've had on paper an 'easy' start yet have still conceded in each of three away games (including Carling Cup). Adam La Fondre has four goals already this season, and has scored in each of his last three. He's unsettled at the moment, but Paddy's 6-4 anytime still looks good to me - although again I don't have access to it.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

You must owe La Fondre a few drinks by now Thunder? Everytime you mention/back him he seems to score.

I've just had a small bet on Rigg @ 13/5 anytime and 9/1 1st scorer, i'll be away on holiday by the time they kick off so thanks if that one comes in :thumb

I'm expecting Hereford to pick up a bit after the performance at Villa, ok it was played like a cup final and we took more fans there than what we get at home but there was alot to like about it for 75 minutes. The new goalie looks a good un.
    I'm just looking for a quick bet this weekend as i've little time and i'm away so i'm just going to look for 7 draws, I'm throwing Hereford in @ 3/1
  4. fc basher

fc basher Member

Northampton v Morecombe
    Northampton possibly be without, Herrad (striker) Holt (mid).
    Morecambe have started well,and im inclined to take them on the h'cap,got find the bookie that offers the best h'cap odds.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

6. ThunderCelt

I'm going to follow Basher on Morecambe (DNB) at 13/8. I hadn't seen that team news so ta for pointing it out.

I'm also going for Barnet (DNB) at 11/10. Bradford are in a bit of a mess at the moment. Barnet have played four teams in the top six (although of course positions don't mean much at the moment) but still have only one defeat, and a couple of useful-looking strikers.

I'm also going on Oxford to score last (v Aldershot) at around 8/11. The Shots were magnificent in beating West Ham midweek :dance but part of our victory was down to covering every blade of grass, and pure effort - in summary, a typical underdog's performance. That was only three days ago and I'm concerned that we'll either run out of legs in the last twenty or rest players. Add to that that Oxford have on paper a stronger side. . . I'll be going, and hopefully we'll be 4-0 up with Oxford getting a last minute consolation to bring the bet in :crossfingers
  7. ThunderCelt

Adam La Fondre's impending departure seems to leave a bit of a hole in the top goalscorer stakes as ALF is always a good bet for top 4 in an Each Way punt. The way would seem to be more open now for Matt Tubbs (two in three games) and I've had a nibble at both outright and each way at 5/1.

I think Swindon are slightly long for promotion at 7/2. I listened to their game against Oxford last week on the radio, and it seems that Town are only a finisher away from being a very good side. The bet is largely based on Swindon supporting colleagues who remain confident, particuarly as they still have money to spend and have recently recruited Leon Clarke who I am told looks quality. Swindon are also after a Czech international striker, although that trail seems to have gone a bit cold in recent days. The Town also gave a big squad which will give them an advantage over the course of the season. Despite their average start, I'm confident they'll reach the play-offs where 7/2 will be better than the 25% lottery!