1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Npower League Two betting 30th Sep - 1st Oct

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Sep 28, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

English League 2
    30 Sep 19:45 UK Macclesfield v Swindon 3.10 3.40 2.25
    30 Sep 19:45 UK Southend v Shrewsbury 2.50 3.30 2.80
    01 Oct 15:00 UK AFC Wimbledon v Gillingham 2.40 3.40 2.80
    01 Oct 15:00 UK Accrington v Aldershot 2.40 3.10 3.10
    01 Oct 15:00 UK Barnet v Northampton 2.60 3.30 2.70
    01 Oct 15:00 UK Bristol Rovers v Cheltenham 2.05 3.40 3.60
    01 Oct 15:00 UK Burton v Bradford 2.15 3.40 3.30
    01 Oct 15:00 UK Crawley v Plymouth 1.30 5.50 9.50
    01 Oct 15:00 UK Dag and Red v Crewe 2.20 3.30 3.30
    01 Oct 15:00 UK Hereford v Oxford 3.75 3.40 2.00
    01 Oct 15:00 UK Port Vale v Rotherham 2.40 3.50 2.80
    01 Oct 15:00 UK Torquay v Morecambe 2.25 3.40 3.10

Odds William Hill
  2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Some interesting ones here. Initial thoughts are Northampton, Oxford (any thoughts Punter?) and Crewe are all possible away winners. Crawley look bankers, but the price needs thinking about.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

I have no real thoughts on the Hereford game TC, apart from they have had the better of us over the years. We need points urgently and that's getting in the way of me involving them in any bet atm. You would have to favour the away, on our form alone this season.

Three on the coupon that caught my eye with the odds were Bristol Rovers to follow up against Cheltenham and i'm also going to go look at the form of Port Vale and Rotherham, first glance that might be an odd against home worth chancing.

I'm definately going to chance Aldershot unless you advise me otherwise TC, actually, no bollocks, i'm going to chance you anyway.
    Have the bookies forgot you won away at West Ham this season, have they not looked at your away form to date? You would have to say 2/1 is quite big on your away form alone, but Accrington are having a bit of a poor month at home with only one point from two games also.
    I also like the look of your new portugese 17 yr old winger from QPR, i dont know if he will feature, but he's got potential and already a bit of form.

My only slight worry is what influence the Man Utd game might have here? I told you you'd get them!
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I have taken All three in a trixie now. Rotherham's form has taken a bit of a dip of late even though they are still high in the league, i'm thinking morale might be down a bit now due to the departure of ALF. Vale returned with a good away point at Crewe after their defeat by Shrewsbury and will be looking to go above Rotherham with a win here.

Aldershot @ 2/1
    Port Vale @ 7/5
    Bristol R @ 21/20

Trixie @ Hills
  5. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

I've got 4 from my ratings that I'll throw out, of them Crewe have been mentioned so far, as have Crawley who I think are too short, end of.

AFC Wimbledon v Gillingham @ 2.8 – Back over 2.55
    Crawley @ 1.37 v Plymouth – Lay under 1.87
    Dagenham & Redbridge v Crewe @ 3.6 – Back over 3.1
    Torquay @ 2.5 v Morecambe – Back over 2.35
  6. ThunderCelt

Thanks Punter :)

Normally I'd be all over our 2/1 as well, but the United game seems to be engulfing the club at the moment. Of course I've no idea whether the players' focus will be slightly off, but the risk takes the gloss off an otherwise inviting price.
  7. ThunderCelt

Taken four units on Crewe away at Dagenham. I don't think there's much to choose between these sides; Daganham have five defeats on the bounce. Crewe have four wins in six, although victories against Barnet and Plymouth aren't particularly impressive. They might have more confidence, though. Deam news marginally favours Dagenham, as Lee Bell and Dave Artell are both out for the visitors, and I assume their experience will be a miss in what looks a generally young squad. The Crewe message board is a bit worried about the lack of squad depth at the moment. However, given D&R's current results I struggle to make Crewe as long as 13/5 - I'm nearer the 2/1 some bookies have them at.
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

For those that don't know, the Gills today signed Jo Kuffour from Bristol Rovers on loan until the end of December.
  9. ThunderCelt

Put six units on Oxford, but their slip to evens takes some of the gloss away. Hereford are in a bit of bother with only one point and two goals in their last four, and eleven conceded.

Oxford are nervy in front of their own fans (as I saw when ten-man Aldershot snatched a point :dance ) but are much better on the road with three wins from five. They've put away Dagenham and Barnet on the road recently, and I'd expect them to be better than hereford, too. I was looking at -0.75, but the price here has fallen too.

Both sides have injury concerns which seem to just about cancel out or favour Oxford, who I think have more depth.
  10. ThunderCelt

After a bit of head scratching I've had a couple of units on Swindon tonight at just better than evens. The stats show that Swindon haven't got it together on their travels, and that Macc are solid at home. However, there are signs that the Rovins are beginning to get it together, and the stats are that teams who do well (I think Swindon will) don't tend to drop many points at sides who struggle (as I think Macc will over the course of the season). So this is a 'gut feeling' punt rather than a fact-based one!

Injuries won't worry Swindon who have something like three players for each position - although speaking to a season ticket holder there are signs that Di Canio now knows his bast team. Macclesfield have a handful of players out and while there are worries about squad depth I don't think their injury 'crisis' is as bad as reported as several players are out long term - and they've done okay without them so far.
  11. ThunderCelt

Came away from the game with a small profit thanks to in play - Macclesfield started creating chances and their price lengthened! :thinking I wish we could get L2 in play on Saturdays.

But the Swindon sugestion was a bad one for which apologies.:embarassed
  12. ThunderCelt

Had four units on Northampton at 7/4. Barnet only one win since the opening day, and that against hapless Plymouth. Izale McLeod is the division's top scorer, but the team struggle at the back - no one has conceded more.

There are signs that Northampton are making a slow improvement, and in-form Akinfewa is expected to be fit. I don't think Northampton will walk this, but I'm slightly surprised to see Barnet as favourites.
  13. ThunderCelt

That's not quite enough to tempt me to back the Gills today, but the club does seem to be doing something to take the weight of Kedwell's shoulders since Birchill's injury. I'm looking at taking the 10/3 for promotion, on the grounds that the Gills should achieve a top seven finish, and of course anything over 3/1 is good for the play-off lottery. Gillingham's defeats have all been to the few sides above them, but they look to have been pretty solid against the pack - unless our Gills fans can talk me out of it?
  14. ThunderCelt

Also gone for Bristol Rovers +0.25; (3/10) Rovers don't lose many, but can drop unexpected points. Cheltenham's away form is poor, so I don't see them good enough to get a win.

Also Morecambe/draw at 8/13; I didn't realise Torquay's recent form was so bad. I'm not over confident in Morecambe following last week's defeat, but I think this is a little too long.
  15. ThunderCelt

Managed three from five for a decent start to October. :dance

Shame about Aldershot's last minute loss though. :cry
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one TC :thumb

No joy here for me but i got a treble up elsewhere :)
  17. ThunderCelt

:beer