1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Npower League Two betting 8th Oct

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Oct 6, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

English League 2
    08 Oct 12:45 UK Northampton v Crawley 3.10 3.30 2.00
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Aldershot v Macclesfield 1.91 3.30 4.33
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Bradford v Torquay 2.30 3.20 2.62
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Cheltenham v Dag & Red 2.15 3.10 3.00
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Crewe v Southend 2.80 3.50 2.40
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Gillingham v Port Vale 2.15 3.20 2.90
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Morecambe v AFC Wimbledon 2.05 3.30 3.00
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Oxford v Bristol Rovers 1.91 3.30 3.30
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Plymouth v Accrington 3.00 3.00 2.20
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Rotherham v Burton 1.83 3.40 3.50
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Shrewsbury v Barnet 1.57 3.60 4.80
    08 Oct 15:00 UK Swindon v Hereford 1.50 3.80 5.00

Odds William Hill
  2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I've taken (4 units) Bristol Rovers +0.5 to get something at Oxford. This one looks as if it's simply been priced on league position (6th v 15th) and recent form without looking deeper.

Oxford have only one home win - that was in August - the rest are draws, and I've seen for myself how nervy the team get in front of an expectant crowd. Recent overall form is good, with the headline being three recent away league wins - but these were at Dagenham, Barnet and Hereford, then at Aldershot :cry in the JPT - none of them particularly a challenge. Oxford's matches have predominently been against teams in the bottom half so an argument could be made form them being in a false position.

Like Oxford, Rovers play their best football away - only one defeat, and wins at Wimbledon and Morecambe and they've picked up more points away than at home, where they've been booed off in their last two games.

I'm not aware of any new team news issues.

Oxford have good players and may well win this, but I don't give them a 50% chance of doing it. I have this bet at around 4/5, or maybe even 4/6, not slightly longer than evens.
  3. ThunderCelt

Also had a cheeky unit on Aldershot's Danny Hylton top scorer at SkyBet's standout 50/1 (EW 1/4). Although we're not particularly prolific, when we do get one it does tend to be 'Super Dan'. He's on five so far (plus three in cups which I know is irrelevant) so is in the chasing pack. I probably need some of the players above him in the ranking to move on in the window or get a long-term injury* but I think it's a decent speculative EW shout. :crossfingers

* Wouldn't wish it on anyone, of course!
  4. ThunderCelt

Had a couple of units on Justin Richards (Burton) to score anytime at Rotherham at 12/5 with SkyBet. Richards has nine in thirteen so far this season, and has netted in six out of eleven league games including five of the last seven.

Rotherham have conceded nine in their last three in the league and with a few defensive injuries could be vulnerable at the back - they haven't kept a league clean sheet in six games.

I make this less than 2/1 which a lot of other bookies have priced it up as, and I think 12/5 is too long.
  5. irish_ace

irish_ace New Member

Gillingham could be facing Port Vale tomorrow minus defenders Garry Richards (thigh) Danny Jackman (Knee) and Matt Fish (Hip) after injuries midweek in the JPT. Each will face late fitness tests. The gills will definately be missing their Captain Andy Frampton another defender. Defender Barry Fuller (Knee) is also still sidelined with injuries. So dire is their defensive crisis that they have been pondering recalling Simon King on loan at Plymouth. Lewis Montrose (Fifth Yellow) will also be missing together with midfielders Danny Spiller (Ankle) and Jack Payne (Knee)

League Two
    Saturday October 1, 2011
    Port Vale 2 - 0 Rotherham United

League Two
    Saturday October 1, 2011
    AFC Wimbledon 3 - 1 Gillingham

Fancy PORT Vale currently 3.15 on betfair...11/5
  6. irish_ace

irish_ace New Member

Macclesfield just dont travel well, having lost their last five in a row. and will face Aldershot tomorrow minus inportant players in Elliot Hewitt (WALES U21) and Arnaud Mendy (Guinea) because of the Internationals. At present there are major doubts over George Donelly (Ribs) and Shaun Brisley (Groin) as well as Matt Hamshaw (Ankle). It seems that Striker Waide Fairhurst will be absent on account of an ankle injury he sustained in training. Defender Paul Morgan (Broken Arm) Goalkeeper Jack Cudworth (Ankle) and Midfielder Colin Daniel (Ankle ligaments) are all unavailable. Pondering whether or not to have a go on Aldershot at 1.92...10/11 on betfair.
  7. irish_ace

irish_ace New Member

last five aways
  8. irish_ace

irish_ace New Member

Barnet will be welcoming back into their ranks their right back Danny Senda but Lawrie Sanchez still has problems at the back. Left back Jordan Parkes (ankle) and centre half Darren Dennehy (Chest infection) are major doubts. Shrewsbury lost their last match 3-0 away to Southend but with captain Ian Sharps (Centreback) returning to the back line they shouldl be much more difficult to break down. Can see a comfortable win and a return to form for Shrewsbury
  9. ThunderCelt

Can't argue with the facts on Macc, but The Shots play better away - we've only won one league match at home, and have lost our last 3 in all competitions. I guess it depends who you think are worse!.... We do have the advantage of being at full strength, though.
  10. ThunderCelt

I read that report too and I think it might be a bit misleading - some of the players listed have only started a handful of times so don't seem to be ever presents, according to SoccerBase. I've been trying to find a fans' forum to see if the injury crisis really is a crisis but can't find one that mentions it. Maybe a Gills fan here knows??

Edited because I eant to add that if the injury crisis is 'real' the price does look good - in fact I reckon it's okay even without.
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Frampton is first choice centre back (and an alternative at left-back), Richards would normally be first in line to replace him at centre back. Fuller is first choice right-back, Fish is his usual replacement, at a push Jack Payne could play there but he's also out, so we have no right-back. There were some suggestions on the forums (I think tongue in cheek, but I'm not sure) that 39-year old coach Nicky Southall may end up having to play there.

I'm pretty sure left-back Joe Martin (not mentioned in that report) is also out, and as the players we have who could fill in there (Frampton, King, Jackman) are all also missing, not sure who we'll end up playing there either. May end up having to play 3 central defenders with no full backs?

With the midfield, I think the reason in part that there aren't many ever-presents is because we've got so many midfielders that we tend to rotate them round a bit, but Jackman, Spiller, Payne and Montrose can all be considered among the first choices, certainly.

A fully-fit Simon King would obviously be a first choice in central defence, but after his injury problems he wasn't really in contention, which is why he's out on loan at Plymouth (not sure we're allowed to recall him either, it was only a month's loan, I think).
  12. ThunderCelt

Thanks for that confirmation rc - I've had a nibble on Vale +0.5 as it seems the crisis really is a crisis!
  13. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Guess it depends on the outcome of the fitness tests - if Richard, Fish and Jackman are all passed fit, we'd at least have a full defence to put out (Fish - Richards - Lawrence - Jackman). Anyway, like you, I've had a nibble on Port Vale - even without so many injuries, we've struggled against the better sides in the division so far this season. Not sure whether Port Vale class as one of the better sides, mind you, but they're up there at the moment.
  14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Fish and Richards must both have passed their fitness tests, as they're both in the starting lineup, and it seems I was wrong about Joe Martin being out, as he's also starting.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've just seen that the Hereford keeper is away on international duty, if anybody fancies Swindon today then this should just add even more confidence to the home win. He is replaced by 96 yr old Russell Hoult.
  16. suirthing

suirthing Member

I am going to take a break I think, I am f'd up after last nights disaster with Croatia, piled in to Ireland in the rugby and that went to a crock of shit, now I have mistaken Barnet for Swindon and actually backed Barnet for a draw! fs sake! something put it into my head as they played each other the other week and I had it for a draw too, thats more down the drain, right where did I put the Post, horses next, they will get me back on an even keel......
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol Barnet have just equalised from 2-0 down ST, looks like your bet could come in afterall, couple of minutes left :crossfingers
  18. ThunderCelt

Managed 2 from 3 and a small profit - which would have been a loss without rcgills' advice :beer
  19. suirthing

suirthing Member

Aye Punt, saw that then in the 90th minute Shrewsbury scored 3-2 :-( and a real kick in the balls then, Swindon who I meant to back, get their first draw of the season :-(