1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ODM's Pretty Young Things

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by ONEDUNME, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Rural Celebration a non runner. That is the end of the good news.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it, we should be winning by this stage of the season and we clearly are not. I have a plethora of animals for tomorrow but the usual problem of more than one in the same race persists, as it always will, leaving plenty of wide open space for Mr Sod to demonstrate his well known law. Nevertheless, are we disheartened? Well,,,, yes a little bit to be honest. But we will plod on.

345 Goodwood Secret Advisor 15pts 9/4. This horse caught my eye ( along with everyone else who happened to see the race)when it ran into trouble in a race at Windsor a couple of weeks ago. Ran into trouble on the bend and was shuffled back to last place but showed great pace and guts to fly at the end, just failing to catch Crowned Eagle.

Native Prospect had a couple of second places to its name from the back end of last season and, despite being slowly away, broke its duck on its first run of this year. Disappointing run next time out stepping well up in class but is back to a level it can perform at tomorrow. Price is drifting but currently 14/1. 5pts ew

If one of the two above don't run, I'll be staking 10pts on Eldritch (currently 4/1) otherwise, I'll just watch with a crinkly cartoon grin as it romps home without my money on it.

330 Catterick. Meshardal 10pt win 7/2 Went in tracker in 2015 when it won twice for me in the space of a fortnight. 7 year old now and the only reason I put it up today is that it ran a creditable race last time out and may be at a mark it can win from.

420 Goodwood Gakku 5pt ew 16/1. Didn't quite do enough to catch fav on its one and only run so far but showed a great attitude. Icespire 12 pts 5/4. Didn't go unnoticed when flying through the pack to just fail to catch the favorite on its last run, hence the price which is probably too short. The each way bet is definitely the better value.
    A speculative 1pt ew on Falcon Cliffs 33/1.

440 Catterick Merry Banter 5pt ew 10/1. It would be easy to dismiss this animal, having only beaten a total of three horses home in its last two runs but it's popped up as a winner at double-figure prices before and those hoping that the dip in form is a temporary blip will have their fingers crossed.

515 Catterick Decadent Times 5pt ew 11/1. Running out of patience with this one after putting it in my tracker last year. Will be studying its performance tomorrow and it's going to the knackers yard if it doesn't show some promise.

630 Sandown. Definitely a race not to bet in with 5 runners and it would be no surprise to see any of four of them romp home but regardless of the outcome of tomorrow, this horse will go on to win races.
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Haddaf (ew) ????
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nope Havana Grey 10pt win 10/3
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

In and around the mix

330 Race -A winner returning a profit of 35 pts
    345 race 2nd and 3rd 25 staked and 19 returned is a pitiful return for a couple of decent runs (didn't see race)
    420 loss of 12pts
    440 another hit of the post with a 12/1 2nd returning a profit of 7pts
    515 loss of 10pts
    630 winner at 5/1. profit of 50pts

So I should be happy with a profit of 64pts on the day (especially given recent losses) but double figure 2nd places do nothing to improve my demeanor
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

210 Bath 20pts One Minute 10/11 wouldn't have won its last race had To Wafij, the odds on fav, not wandered around like a drunken blind man but has ability and could follow up tomorrow as the betting suggests it might

310 Goodwood Alnaas 10pt win 3/1. Went in the notebook when finishing a distant second on the run before last and won for this thread on or around 8th of May to make 30pts profit. Reinvesting 10 of those tomorrow.

320 Bath. Sublime. Do not back this horse! (unless you're a sentimental softy at heart like I am)This is not a tip. I just have a soft spot for it as it's a tiny little thing who seems to be trying it's little heart out and just not being very good. I'd back a horse with this sort of heart to win a race of some kind at some level at some stage and I'm rooting for her bless her. Class 6 is definitely where she belongs but even with first time cheekpieces that probably won't be enough to overcome her 33/1 odds (1pt ew)

330 Haydock Batten the Hatches. As with many of these young horses it's one to watch to see if it's behavior is down to pure greenness or whether it's just a bit of a cunt. This one is a prime example and could go either way. 5pt ew 10/1

Same race, Full Intention. One from last year, 3pt ew 16/1

440 Haydock Excel Again 10pt win 11/2

505 Bath Prenderhast Hill 12pt win 15/8

540 Haydock Laraaib 10pt win 7/1

80pts staked
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Erm... do sentimental softies often call horses a bit of a cunt? :lol
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Different horse mate. Sentimentality has its place and that place has a very, very small postcode in my world.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Im going to add another 10 pts to Prendergast Hill at 11/10
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Little Sublime gets second place at 25/1 :dance. That means it's not likely to be appearing in a dog bowl near you soon. Good girl:thumb

Full Intention was another double figure second and Batten the Hatches was just out of the places in fourth at 14/1 , Excel Again placed, One Minute was a non-runner and Laraiib won at 4/1. I've checked my accounts and it doesn't look like I backed Laraiib and there were non runners so I don't know what the deduction on the original 7/1 price would have been. I know it was still 13/2 at about 4 oclock or something because I checked the price when I text my mate to back it. Flatstats.co.uk cites a 7% reduction so that would be a return of 75pts for that one, 9.25 for the 33/1 second, 12.6 for the 16/1 2nd and 20pts returned for the non runner makes a total of 116 pts returned from the 95 staked, so 21pts profit.

Aiming for a hattrick of profits today with

235 Goodwood Billesdon Brook 20pt win 7/4 fav (drifting). Very, very slow away on debut but flew at the end - Good attitude.

305 chester Ice Slice First in the tracker in 2014 when it won for me at 11/1. 6 year old now but I'll go with it today for old times sake. 3pt ew 14/1

330 Haydock - 2 in this race, Brian the Snail ran a race too bad to be true last time out when it finished plumb last. Is better than that and deserves another try at 12/1 (5pt win and 6pt at 6/4 to finish in first three on betfair). Harry Angel is quite rightly favorite after a cracking run last time out (12pt win 5/6)

450 Chester probably the nap of the day 25 pt win at 9/4 Emperor Napoleon

505 Haydock Priceless 10pt ew 9/1

510. Janzoon and Al Zaman both run in this. At the prices, I'm more tempted by the latter but 10pts on that at 13/2 with a 10pts saver on Janzoon at 3/1. More a "dutching" bet than if you wanted to be pedantic.

520 chester 10pt win Atkinson Grimshaw (see last Saturday's post as it was a non runner last week)

540 Haydock Six Strings 5pt win 14/1 and 5pt for a top 3 finish to win 14pts

A few others have been flagged up that have been in the tracker from as far back as 2014 but it's time for them to be pruned I think (cue one flying in at 25/1)

113 pts staked
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Apologies for anyone who was put off by the fact that I put the wrong f'ing time down for Priceless but it's just won the 405 and won't be running in the 505 race:lol. 10pts at 9/1 (1/4 odds 365) returned 132.5 points so, along with 22 pts returned from Harry's Angel (impressive) that guarantees a profit on the day for the third day in a row, regardless of what the remaining runners do. We're on a roll at last.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Atkinson Grishaw was a bugger to get into the stalls but came out ok and won. I didn't put the price up but it was 6/1 when I posted the pick earlier (oddschecker will confirm) and flatstats is showing a 12.5% deduction which would make a return of 62.5pts to add to the earlier profit, plus 10 returned for Six Strings not running = a profit of 92pts on the day.

Profit of 177 pts in last 3 days. I would hope that puts us in profit for this season but I'll have to tot that up at some stage
    Punter likes this.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Only one tomorrow, Magens Moon 400 Curragh 15pts 11/4
  13. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Well done mate :clap
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Aye good shout mate:thumb
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

out and about but got to get this one posted before the off 205 leic Meshaykh 10 pts 9/4
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good job I got that up in time, won at 15/8

330 Windsor Tomily 5pt win 7/1
    335 Redcar Briardale 5pt ew 8/1
    440 Windsor 5pt win 9/2
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That should be Rio ronaldo in 44 race.

Briardale has just pissed the 335 so profit for the day with one to run
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Leicester 220 Leeshaan 20 pt win 5/2

Newton Abbott 650 Brotherly Company 12pts 7/2

Balinrobe 700 Sure Reef 5pt win 7/1
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

No cigar today

650 Kempton 10 pt win Orsino 11/2

820 Kempton 10pt win Ballard Down 9/2 and 5pt win Alnashama 9/2

920 Kempton 10pt ew Toriano 13/2
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

Arrgh! Gutted i missed this. Ffs. Nice one ODM!