1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ODM's Pretty Young Things

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by ONEDUNME, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

One of those days yesterday (or should I say one of those races) that just makes you want to cry and pack it all in altogether. Sometimes I think I should not watch any racing and just look at the results instead because it's not doing my blood pressure any good. Mukalal in the 730 race was never headed and looked like the winner everywhere but on the line. Traded at under 1/14 in running and got beat. I had a decent bet on it as well and it was so far in front that I turned down the opportunity to lay it at short odds which cost be greatly. Fucking fuming. Would have been a swing of 43pts for this thread apart from anything else. Gutted.

Add to that the fact that the horse I discarded in the 220 race To Wafij was placed at 12/1 (I think) and it adds up to a pretty frustrating day. Tomily and Formidable Kitt both finished just outside the places. It's like God's taking the piss.

Flight of Fantasy was a non runner so 82pts staked Havana Grey and UAE Prince both won. Loss of 4.5 pts on the day but definitely a "If only" scenario.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

120 Sandown Mojito 10pt win 2/1 and 5pt ew Zefferino 12/1 (leaving out Krebs cycle 25/1)

150 Sandown Spring Fling 2pt ew 25/1

240 Haydock Ajman Princess 10pt win 10pt 3 places (unmatched as yet) Abingdon 10pt win 15/8

315 Haydock Euchen Glenn - the bugger that I missed last time out when it went and won at 8/1. 2pt ew 22/1

425 Haydock Full Intention 10pt win 6/1 and 5pt ew meshardal 8/1

435 Beverley 5pt ew Hitchcock 14/1

530 Haydock Hugin 10 pt 9/4

630 Carlisle Rumshak 25pt win 15/8. The comments that I put in my tracker echo exactly the same as the ones by the preview in the Sporting Life. Ran well - ran green - jumped path, This one looks to have potential but is up against one that the market suggests is equally as good. Haven't seen that one's race so I'm gambling on this one being better
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

No bets today. 123 pts staked yesterday,

Mojito won at 9/4 returning 32.5pts
    Ajman Prince placed 3rd returning 18.72pts
    Meshardal third at 11/1 returning 18.75pts
    Rumshak won at 2/1 returning 75pts

144.97 pts returned, profit of 21.97pts on the day:thumb
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Profit so far this season (from 21st of February) is +191.89 points. For comparison, the profit for last season up to the end of July was 667 points, followed by a loss in August of 76.63, then and another winning month in September (+260.7) and October (+44.24) and November (+170.6) and December (+43.75) and then -37.4 in January and Feb when I really should have put the thread to bed.

Total profit last season of 848.26 but I'd settle for any profit at all.
    Topdog likes this.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

I feel your pain mate. I'm currently having a run where I'm having a ridiculous amount of horses I've backed finishing 2nd (worst I've known in almost 30 years of betting) - many of them caught right on the line too and The Law of Sod means that most of these have come at the US tracks which aren't in-running, so can't even lay off - plenty would have gone 1.1 or shorter. And when I've backed a finisher who storms home, they never quite get there. Doing me fucking head in, truth be told! :banghead
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

I haven't had a bet for years... (two weeks). I'm trying to avoid it this month

I've got plans for a regular Saturday bet when the football season starts though. 3 teams 4 horses, a Trixie and a Lucky 15 with smaller mixed combo's.
    That would be my only Bookie bet of the week. The rest of the time i'm going to be trying my best backing or laying in the place and extra place markets on Betfair. That's my plan anyway.

Brilliant profit ODM and hope you see a big turn around in luck, Seen.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

905 windsor Wasatch Range - see previous posts for comments. 20 pts 5/2

425 ayr our old friend Rural Celebration 10pt ew 5/1
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

One loser with one to run (which I'm expecting to run well). I'll put tomorrow's up now while I think about it

225 Wolves Noah Amor 5pts ew 10/1

355 Wolves Bruny Island 25pts 7/4

410 Pontefract Trade Route 5pt win 14/1 5pt place to put on exchanges tomorrow for 3 places

425 Wolves Flying Fantasy 10pt ew 5/1

510 Pontefract Mysterial 5pt ew 7/1
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

First one a non-runner, 65 pts invested and pulled it out of the fire with the last one winning at 12/1:dance

17pts profit on the day
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

430 Catterick 15pts 15/8

445 Lingfield 15pts 2/1

825 Kempton Bush House 10pt ew 5/1
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Bruny Island was unlucky yet again, got blocked in his run before storming home only to lose by a neck. Should have won.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Really wish you hadn't told me that mate- ut was my biggest bet of the day:lol

Will be a ahort price next time out with punters chasing two lots of losses
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Of the first two that I put up yesterday (without the fucking names) one was a non runner and the other lost. Bush House won at 5/2 (no non runners so must have been well backed) returning a profit of 50pts on the day.

I've done even worse than yesterday by forgetting to post any horses at all today but let's go through them anyway
    140 Doncaster Tempuran - Fav was strong so I would have only had 3pt ew at 12/1. unplaced, 6pts lost

150 Newmarket Crowned Eagle 13/2 so would have had either 5pt ew or 10pt win so 10pts lost

225 Newm Enjazaat 5pt ew 14/1 unplaced = -10

320 Doncaster Tribute Act. Won at evens. Would have had 20pt win on that based on my comments after watching its second race in May and it being favourite. " bad break, bad pos but finished 4th breaking away from others in big field. worth following". It had also won it's first race.

335 Newm Poets's Word - non runner

425 Doncaster Under Attack 2pt ew 25/1 - unplaced

435 Tomily non runner

450 Carlisle Newt 20pt win evens - lost

505 Newmarket Tricorn 10pt win 4/1

P&L so far today -30

Ones yet to run

715 Epsom Native Prospect 25 pt win 11/8

805 Newbury Flight of Fantasy 5pt ew 9/1

840 Newbury Harbour Grey 5pt ew 17/2
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

I don't think you've got the hang of this after-timing lark, have you? :lol
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol Not quite
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Second, second, wank. Loss of 58.7pts on the day, wiping out the previous day's profit.

Shitloads for today

150 Newmarket Fawaareq. One of the success stories of this thread, notching up a hat trick beginning the race after I put it in my tracker wining at 2/5 100/30 and 7/1. 3rd on its only subsequent run. Lightly raced and the market suggests it has a good chance today. 10pts ew 6/1 5 places PP

205 York One Minute. Would love to lump on this one but even money in a race like this will see you in the poor house in the long term. Nevertheless I'm confident that this one should win this race and go on to better things. 20pts even money. Don;t be alarmed if the price drifts before kick off - the bookies are taking no chances putting it in this short.

300 Newm Atkinson Grishaw 5pts ew 12/1. Half the field are non runners already

345 York Visitant. 20pt win 5/2

420 York - Marnie James went into my tracker after its first run in April when not settling and finishing mid-pack. Thought it was going to prove profitable when it then came second in a class four race at 15/1 but then ran twice stepped up in grade and finished plum last both times. Has only ran on good to firm and, despite Sporting Life writing it off before it's entered the stalls, it is worth taking a gamble that the change of ground and tongue tie may work in its favour. despite being the outsider of the field at 20/1

455 York, I have three tracker horses in this race so one has to be sidelined unless one of the other two doesn't run
    Coolfitch has the capacity to win and place at big prices and owes this thread nothing so 5pts ew. Is 14/1 with most firms but I'll take a fictional 12/1 with Totesport who are offering 4 places as I don't have an account with them
    Lapilli is the fav at 7/2, 10pts on that one. The reserve is Merry Banter (currently 12/1)

510 Ascot Shamrokh, Has disappointed but first run for new yard and first run since being gelded so fingers crossed it makes the difference as it showed promise early on but has failed to deliver so far. 5pt win 16/1 5pt 3 places (not yet matched)

530 York Creb's Cycle has shown nothing to suggest that it is worth following and has to be put down as loss maker and consigned to the tracker scrap heap if doing nothing today (and nothing suggests it will but I'm a sucker for one last chance). 1pt win at 33/1 and 2pt place bet (3places) as yet unmatched
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

20/1 winner yesterday but will update when i get home.

Missed posting Harry Angel which i see has won at 9/2.

ones to run..
    510 chester valentino boy 10 pts 9/4
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

555 curragh coronet 10pt ew
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

310 curragh pocketfullofdreams 5pt win 7/1 5 pt 3 places evens not yet matched but should be as price is drifting

445 curragh sure reef 20 pt 7/4
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

840 wolves bruny island 20 pts 9/4 drifting in betting cos its ip against ine that hugh taylor has tipped which all the money is for (the amber fort)

same race Noatalgie 5pt ew 12/1

610 wolves Dyna might5pt ew 8/1
    640 wolves desert rain 20 pts 10/3

720 windsor spring loaded 5 win 15/2
    and 4 pts to win 6 3 places