1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

podcasts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Apr 27, 2019.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Thought we had a thread about this but can't seem to find it:thinking.
    If we have then I'll merge in the future.

Anyhow can anybody recommend any decent ones?, I usually listen to them when in bed and find they soon get me to sleep lol but now and again you do come across the odds ones that keep your ears glued.

For years I've listened to sport and comedy podcasts but they are all pretty much the same in the mainstream like 606 and talkshite.

Then there are the club supporter podcasts which in my instance is 'Bluemoon' and rival clubs like 'Redmen' and 'The anfield wrap' where you like to hear the views of opposing fans which are great but usually appear once or twice a week at most.
    Then you usually lose interest in once your season is over lol.

Lately I've found myself listening to real life crime podcasts like 'Maddie' which although interesting can get you into the land of nod in the blink of an eye and wanting you to go back to bed again the next day to try and catch up from where you left off and fell asleep lol.

If anybody else knows of any decent podcasts I'd appreciate knowing what they are:thumb.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I haven't got any time in my life for podcasts myself but I've often heard something on the radio or TV and thought about catching up on it, only to forget about it five minutes later. Often they are comedy ones but I do like listening to "More or less" on radio for. I know it sounds as boring as shit and it may not be your thing but it's often very interesting as it does things like takes statements that people have made (things we just take at face value) and actually analyses them statistically to see if they are true. Yep, I've made that sound even more boring :lol

I've just had a look and, although I haven't heard it, it's the kind of thing I would listen to. I don't know if you saw "Who do you think you are?" which traces celebrity family trees but there was one that found that Danny Dyer was related to royalty. Now he never fucking shuts up about it (even made a fucking TV series about it) but I remember thinking, if you think how many of the fuckers there have been since William the Conqueror, and how many brats they've had, and how many brats their brats have had -etc etc etc, there must be some fucker in every postcode in England who are related to them. I don't know what the reality is but this podcast looks into how many English people are related to royalty (I don't know if that means living royalty or or royalty ever but that's just an example.

As I said, it may sound boring but it's done in a light way. Try one. What's the worst that can happen?

Some examples

upload_2019-4-27_9-35-48.png
    upload_2019-4-27_9-44-26.png
    upload_2019-4-27_9-43-22.png
    upload_2019-4-27_9-45-26.png
    upload_2019-4-27_9-44-59.png

upload_2019-4-27_9-42-7.png
    slick likes this.
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Do like to listen to an American guy by the name of Jim Cornette. He initially found fame as a Pro Wrestling Manager, in both of the big wrestling companies ( WCW and then WWF ) in the 80's and 90's, so a lot of his content would not be of much interest to a wider audience. He is however VERY anti Trump, Very anti Republican and VERY anti gun and is not afraid to espouse such views. Plenty of his content is out there and when he goes on one of his rants ( with plenty of explicit language ) I have to say I find him very entertaining.
    slick likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Samoan I'll give it a bash.

Thanks also ODM, although what you've posted looks a bit too Tv'ish, In hindsight I tend to listen to things that wouldn't be allowed or not mainstream enough for the telly, I should have mentioned that but it didn't cross my mind at the time lol.
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Definitely not for everybody Slick, but on politics and religion ( forgot to list that above ) I always find myself laughing.
    slick likes this.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Athletico Mince and Peter Crouch podcasts are the only 2 that i listen too.
    Punter and slick like this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Keggers, couldn't get into Athletico mince but I'll give Peter Crouch a bash:thumb
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Talking of Crouchy....

Capture.PNG

:lol:lol
    Kegman likes this.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

:lol
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

You either love Athletico Mince or you hate it. I love it. Peter Beardsley is bloody hilarious.

I also thought Crouch's podcasts would be shit but he comes over as a really sound guy. Some of his stories are hilarious.

His Mrs (Abbie) doesn't like or really understand football and one saturday matchday she phoned him up about half 2 asking where he was :roll
    slick likes this.