1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Prem Relegation

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by swooperman, Mar 25, 2012.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Wolves look awful, got Bolton h, stoke a, Arsenal h, Sunderland a, Man City h, Swansea a, Everton h, Wigan a........they could perceivably get absolutely nothing from that lot before the Wigan game by which time they'd be down. I'll give them a point at home to Bolton & arguably something in the Swansea & Everton games simply because theyre dead games for the oppo. Dixon said last night what I've been saying for weeks, theyve lost the neutrals with the way mcCarthy was sacked & the embarrassing aftermath. Deserve to go just for giving Jez Moxey a job, hes a clown. Love to see them survive, but theyre doomed I feel. 26/27pnts

Wigan are fighting, unbeaten in 3. Got Stoke h, Chelsea a, Man utd h, Arsenal a, Fulham a, Newcastle h, Blackburn a, Wolves h. Nasty next 5 games but theyre fighting & they play football. Always thought they would go tbh but the Liverpool result will give them a hell of a boost. Think they need something from Stoke & if its a win then the next 3 arent so important but they'll need something from either Fulham or Newcastle, a win if nothing from Stoke, then a win & a draw from the last 2. 32/33 pnts I reckon. Is that enough? Gotta be honest i think if theres a surprise result in there to get them safe then its the Man Utd game. you read it here first

QPR squandered the momentum from midweek with a poor display yesterday. Cisse suspended again & i dont see them surviving if Joey Bartons not playing. I like Hughes but hes had no impact at all. 25pnts then its Arsenal h, Man Utd a, Swansea h, Albion a, Spurs h, Chelsea a, Stoke h, man City a.
    Blimey, thats trouble. Nothing from the next 2, they need to hope Swansea, albion & stoke are winding down and need 7 points from them I reckon but best I can see is 5, then its down to the 2 derbies. Spurs should be out of their slump by then & Chelsea will be a tasty affair. Reckon they need to win one of those to survive. Hard to see, seem in disarray to me. 32/33 pnts at absolute best, same as Wigan but I'd give Wigan the edge.

Bolton, currently 26pnts. Said all season they'll survive, Like Coyle. Tough week for them & i think hes acted with class & dignity throughout. the photo of him standing there, hand to his mouth as the medics fought for Muambas life just yards away is one of the most dramatic photos in football i've seen, bearing in mind sense of proportion. Got Wolves a, Fulham h, newcastle a, Swansea h, sunderland a, albion h, stoke a. Theyve got games to be rearranged which means if they go out the cup this week then it'll be Villa away on april 15th I'd think as either they or Spurs will be in the FA Cup, which was the original fixture. Theyre in the mood to take out Wolves next week, but how far can emotion take you? They'll be tired after yesterday giving therir all & the Spurs FA Cup game on tuesday will be an emotional occasion as well. Potentially wolves best chance is if bolton are running on fumes come saturday which is a possibility. Beating Wolves will go a long way but its not do or die for Bolton I dont think yet, whereas it probably is for Wolves. Their home games are the key for me, & I reckon they can get 2 wins from Fulham, swansea & WBA, & can look for a bonus point or 2 from Newcastle, Stoke or Sunderland, so thats 33-ish without the Wolves, villa & Spurs games. their biggest danger is staying in the FA Cup & having 2 games to rearrange. Beat Wolves & safe as houses I think, still think theyve got enough to survive if they dont. The peoples favourite to survive. 35pnts

Blackburn have fought hard the last few weeks, turning it round, but have they peaked too early. for years the Championship has been about who peaks last & could this be the case here? Got Man Utd h, albion a, liverpool h, swansea a, Norwich h, Spurs a, Wigan h, Chelsea a.
    28 pnts now & only Bolton below them got a game in hand. Man Utd wont fall for the same trick twice, & the key is the 4 games after that as they wont want a 6 pointer against Wigan whereas Wigan surely wont be safe by then, & they wont want anything at Chelsea. Can see a point @ albion, & can see them getting a win at home against either Liverpool or Norwich, the latter being the convenient later game. Thing is with the slumps liverpool & Spurs are in, if they havent picked up by then, certainly draws can be aimed at. 34/35pnts I reckon

Villa. if theres a team to be dragged in its us :unsure Been saying for ages that the gap was too large but its being whittled away steadily. Bearing in mind what I'm going on i think we've got to pick up virtually nothing from here on in to go down, but thats what was said about Blues last season. 33pnts now, got chelsea h, Liverpool a, Stoke h, Man utd a, sunderland h, albion a, spurs h, norwich a. certainly dont want to sound blase, cos I'm not, we're not very good & once dunne & Bent got injured i was worried, particularly Dunne as we dont really play the right way for Bent anymore. Fear for the future, our centre halfs are still playing like Evans & mcnaught in 1981 whereas everyone else has moved on. like Collins but hes looked sunday morning this season i think. Most important players we have are Given, petrov & a barely fit Gabby whos being picked for heart alone. God forbid if Given wants out in the summer. Liverpool are in the mood to maybe give us a point, or severely damage our helpful GD, but thats liverpool. The next 5 look tough tbh even though i think theres enough in us to get the points we need from the last 3 games, but obviously nerves will play a part if it gets to that. So Stoke at home is big. a win from that & we're safe, a draw goes a long way as well. Could be tough actually but I feel theres a win in there somewhere, & also the Bolton rearrangement is key, as if Bolton are in the FA Cup semis theyre facing fixture congestion which plays into our hands. Enough, just......37/38pnts for me.

So, my money says:
    Wolves - fucked
    QPR - pretty fucked
    Blackburn or wigan - if Blackburn arent safe going into the last day, bearing in mind these 2 play each other the previous week, then wigan have the easiest fixture against an already down wolves. Its Blackburns to throw away I feel, but if its a last day effort then you'd fancy Wigan.

The key to any surprises here is swansea i reckon, as on current form they'll give nobody nothing. Thing is I can see them tailing off as we go towards the close. if so, when it happens could be crucial for the relegation deciders
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

I would be gutted for Darren Bent if Villa went down, poor lad, he left Sunderland to go and play for a bigger club going places, a club which plays more attractive football, to enhance his chances of being England's no1 striker for the next 10 years. How has it all gone wrong?

He doesn't deserve this at all, he's such a lovely lad.
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

He would, I'm sure, not desert Villa like a rat leaving a sinking ship if they were to go down, as I'm sure I read him saying he loves the club and it's fans and has kissed the badge on many occasions. He would show his total commitment by staying and trying to get them back in the Prem.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Villa have got about as much chance of going down as the Titanic has of again setting sail from Belfast :lol as bad as we are, & we are bad, those below us are worse & more importantly have less points & they havent got it in them to bridge thev gap. As I've said above that everybody ignored, Wolves, QPR & either Wigan or Blackburn
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

:lol yeah, I agree Villa should be okay, although they were matched at 100.0 not long ago and are now 12.5, so not certain to be safe - mind if they go down with so many bad teams currently below them they will surely deserve it.

Don't worry about your thread being ignored, the only cunt who seems to bother to reply to threads I start is steve_uk who no-one likes :lol
  6. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

7. winrew

winrew GILF

Wolves and Wigan for me , would love to see QPR joining them but i think Hughes can save them unfortunately.
    Bolton at a guess will make up the trio ..
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I see Bolton staying up, but this isnt the glass half full day, but we are far from alone :unsure
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've been on Blackburn to go down for a while now but I have to say that they would deserve to stay up given some of the great results that they've picked up under the pressure they were under. I've since backed QPR to stay up so it could be a double whammy for me if the table ends as it is at the moment with QPR third from bottom and Blackburn one place above them. They've got City, Chelsea, Spurs and United to play so they're going to have to rely on others to lose most of their games. In addition, Wigan and Blackburn play each other in the penultimate game of the season (as Swoops has said) and I may find myself begging the gambling gods for a draw so that neither of them get away from QPR.
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Its getting tighter. Wolves obviously, Blackburn & QPR to go with them I reckon. If I was Owen Coyle I'd be worried that I'd won 3 on the bounce & still been in it, but I think Blackburn have peaked
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Can anyone explain why Terry Connor can still be backed at 1.27 to be the next Wolves manager at Betfair?

Their rules state that he will be declared the winner of that market if he is in charge for at least 10 games - he has been there for 7 games no so has 3 to go. Surely he would have been replaced or quit by now if he wasn't going to be there until the season end? Why on earth would they bring someone else in now?
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Was thinking the same yesterday Seen, only on Betdaq where the price was shorter but the market states for 8 games.
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

" Gotta be honest i think if theres a surprise result in there to get them safe then its the Man Utd game. you read it here first"

just in case they hold on :unsure
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

His 10th game is today I'm told, meaning for Betfair He's a winner. My mate is an unlicensed bookie & hes shitting it this morning trying to get me to lay off on Betfair that Megson is a shoo-in. I've told him TC would need to be sacked by 4pm & that there is no market for manager at start of next season as as far as the bookies are concerned there is no vacancy. These rumours, however, appear very strong
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

WHAT THE FUCK ARE VILLA UP TO? 61 minutes 1-0 up, 63 minutes 1-1, 64 minutes 1-2.

Surely this clown has got to go even if they do stay up?
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

You'd think he's get fed up of getting Brummies relegated
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Surely you can't ever get sick of that? It would be like getting fed up of raindrops on roses, or whiskers on kittens.
    winrew likes this.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

:lol @ RC

Tough set of fixtures too for Villa, albeit against teams that will be looking forward to their holidays Spurs included by the looks of it but the way Villa are playing at the moment I can't see them getting points from any of those games.
  19. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Only positive thing I can think of is that generally you'd rather have the points than the games in hand, but if Bolton win that game in hand they are level with us :ohwell
    Its one very big turdheap of a mess tbh. McLeish was never going to win over the fans & the animosity from the fans must take a share of the blame IMO. Bad injuries but that cant be used as an excuse. If you like to think of yourselves as one of the bigger boys you have to have the squad strength to cope.
    The feeling is that we havent got the fight the others have, though I still think we'll get away with it by the skin of our teeth, though it'll be down to others inadequacies, as is the nature of relegation battles
  20. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Oh yeah, fuck off RC :lol

Might lock this thread tbh :leaving