1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

R.I.P. Anyone who's ever been on the telly

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seen, Jul 2, 2016.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Another shocker, be interesting to hear how he died considering he was so young.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Roger Bannister as well
    Punter likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

4. Punter

Punter Moderator

The man who invented the cats eyes got the idea when he saw a cat facing him in the road..if the cat had been facing the other way he'd have invented the pencil sharpener.....Ken Dodd

:lol
  5. slick

slick Administrator

:lol

As a Kid I always found Doddy a bit scary and weird, It was only years later I realised how talented he was.
    Punter likes this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

RIP to Carraghers TV career too.
    Punter likes this.
  7. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

One of Ken Dodds gags was something like this.........everybody should stick a cucumber through your neighbours letterbox and shout "the martians have landed"

They mentioned it on bbc breakfast this morning. Really appeals to my sense of humour.
    Punter likes this.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

He was only trying to emulate Adam Johnson by spraying his bodily fluid across a schoolgirl's face :leaving
    Punter and slick like this.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Stephen Hawking 76. Shame but, on the plus side he outlived the expectation of his life expectancy I suppose.

Clever man. His karaoke was very underrated.
    Punter likes this.
  10. Seen

Seen Moderator

Yeah that is a shame, seemed to have a great sense of humour too, appearing in several TV comedies recently. It says that in 1963 he was given two years to live so has done extremely well.
    Punter likes this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

12. slick

slick Administrator

RIP Butch Wilkins, can't say I ever took to the man but he has died way too young.
    Punter likes this.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah the worst thing about it....well not the worst thing but to add insult to injury, after all the great games he played (especially for England) the thing that jumps out from the news report is "first player to be sent off playing for England". He deserves better than that. Makes him sound like a bit of a Roy Keane nut-job whereas I can't even remember the bloke making a bad tackle to be honest.
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Two sad sporting deaths there.

And they tell us we're living longer.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

17. slick

slick Administrator

Aye, wasn't it for kicking the ball away in the Mexico WC.
    I remember him more for passing sideways hence his nickname 'The Crab', can't say I ever thought of him as a truely great footballer like they are making out but he did carry on in the game after he retired and gave a lot back to the sport, which I respect him for the most.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No, he threw the ball at the ref. Well, supposedly, but he was about 10 yards away, hardly touched him really, bit petulant but wasn't really worth a red card. One of my earliest football memories, that, and the 86 World Cup in general. Anything he did before that in his career was a bit before my time.

Highly thought of at Milan though, by all accounts, and there aren't many English players who've had a successful spell at a European club.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator