1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

R.I.P. Anyone who's ever been on the telly

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seen, Jul 2, 2016.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Is that before or after they bottled the darts players walking to the stage:p
    Punter likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

You could say he also died at treble 20, how apt.
    Punter and Seen like this.
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Sad news abiut Wilkins and Bristow.

It was rumoured Wikins lost his coaching job at Chelsea as he was an alcoholic and that his bevvying had got out of hand and he had been battling it for a wee while although a they were just rumours so don't know how true.
  4. Howson

Howson Active Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Dale Winton prob best known for supermatket sweep
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

62, had no idea he was that old :eek. Still no age at all though really.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I thought he was older. If his talent was anywhere near as big as his ego he'd have been a bit better than average.

It wasn't
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

RIP 'The Tank'

slick likes this.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Only seems like yesterday when he and Kauto Star were battling it out, both are gone now.

Wonder what sort of age a racehorse usually lives to? don't know if 18 is good or bad.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm not sure, i think 18 is quite young for a horse.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Red Rum was 30. Deaert Irchid 27 so 18 looks young compared to them but if course most racehorses don’t live long enough to die of old age as most of them end up in the lnaxkers yard so in that respect he’s probably had a good life
    Punter likes this.
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

Barry Chuckle.

It's gonna be a nightmare getting his coffin into the hearse....to me, to me, to me, to me...:lookaround
    Punter and slick like this.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

RIP Burt, I bet he took some blinding stories to the grave with him because nothing ever seemed to be dished out while he was alive and he had some cracking women in his time.
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

upload_2018-9-22_13-59-48.png
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

Posted just 5 days ago on their website...

TOUR CANCELLATIONS

POSTED ON AUGUST 17, 2018 IN: NEWS

It is with great regret that, following doctor’s advice, we’ve been left with no alternative but to cancel all forthcoming Chas & Dave shows. Chas is on the mend but progress is slow and he needs time to get back to fitness after a difficult year. We thank all our fans for the fantastic support and understanding you’ve shown in regard of the postponements and cancellations we’ve already had to make this year. We will see you all soon. Ticket holders will be informed via the respective venues regarding refunds.

Below is a statement from Chas:

In my life as a musician/entertainer I would say the most depressing thing to have to do is to have to cancel a gig or gigs. Fortunately, throughout my career of thousands of gigs with Dave or in other bands these times have been very few & far between, and only extreme illness in the past (and I mean extreme) illness has prompted me/us to have to make this decision.

So it is because of extreme illness on my part that the forthcoming gigs are going to have to be cancelled.
    Briefly, recent check-ups have seen no sign of cancer but the treatment has left me well below par and it will be a slow but sure process getting me back to full strength.

Advisors say the beginning of next year should reveal a New Chas!
    Hope those who are disappointed this year will come to see us sometime then.

Chas
    (Chas & Dave)
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Chas and Dave always remind me of the old cup finals because they were always singing something or other on the telly even if Spurs weren't there, a bit too much 'Kees up mother brown' for my liking but they did have a decent following down Sarf.
    Reading that, Chas seems a tough Cookie and seemed very optimistic, cancer really is a shit! RIP.