1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

R.I.P. Anyone who's ever been on the telly

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seen, Jul 2, 2016.

1. slick

slick Administrator

:lol
  2. slick

slick Administrator

RIP Andre Previn.

Doubt most of us would have ever heard of him if it wasn't for the Morecambe and Wise show but there you go.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah you fuckin cultureless heathens
  4. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

The role he played though turned a good idea into one of my top five comedy sketches

slick likes this.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  6. slick

slick Administrator

RIP Scott Walker.
    My dad was a big fan of his and had is Readers Digest box collection lol, you always knew once you was a part of my dads Readers Digest box collection you had made it.
    Needless to say I've heard Scott Walker songs probably a lot more than a fella of my age should but what a great voice.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

The man who invented Velcro has died.

RIP
    Punter likes this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

9. slick

slick Administrator

It is a shame as he was a smashing fella.

I would have put him in the 'Tenuous links to famous people' thread but I'd forgot all about it until I just saw your post.

In the late 70's and early 80's I used to work in a clothes warehouse part time when I was about 14/15 years old while at school, Tommy was a regular customer as he used to have a market stall or shop in Liverpool and we used to chat quite regular, not much football but what the hot clothing lines were lol.

He was a smashing fella and completely different from what I expected after watching him destroy players on the pitch lol, very polite and never swore in my presence (probably because I was only a kid at the time).
    Even though he had retired he was still built like a brick shithouse with a pot marked face and a head like a bulldog, it was quite easy to see how he intimidated players lol.

RIP Tommy.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

That's brilliant to read, Slick.

Him, Steve Highway, John Toshack and Kevin Keegan are the reason i started supporting Liverpool.
    Couldn't beat watching Hereford Utd as a kid and then jumping in the car after the match and putting sports report on the radio to find out how many Liverpool had won by.
    A brilliant defender. He rarely scored but that was some header against Monchengladbach
    slick likes this.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

I think most Englishmen were Liverpool fans in those days Punt indirectly, from what I recall watching Liverpool in Europe was like watching England because they were an English team and we used to shout them on no matter who you supported United fans included.

How times have fcuking changed:lol
    Punter likes this.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

13. winrew

winrew GILF

Ivor Broadis.
    The oldest living England football international , until yesterday.
    Flew over 500 hours in the RAF during world war 2.
    Came out of service and got the player manager job at Carlisle United at the age of 23.
    Still the youngest person to do this.
    Played for England scoring eight goals in fourteen appearances.
    His Clubs included Newcastle, Man City , Sunderland , finishing his career at QoS.
    Turned his hand at sports reporting , he was an exceptional journalist , always giving advice to players and managers alike.
    Met him a few times at local sporting events , lovely fellow.

RIP Ivor.....
    Punter likes this.
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

15. slick

slick Administrator

I used to like Freddie when he was at his peak in the 70's and early 80's but his style soon dated with the advent of alternative and pc comedy as it did to a lot of comedians of his ilk.

He seemed to go down hill after being accused of being a sex pest where he was found not guilty but seemed to go into himself after that and never seen again.

RIP Freddie.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

I thought he was funny in my early days but he turned into a bit of a prick later on.

It was good to see him win The National. .
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Don't remember that, who was the jockey?
  18. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Richard Dunwoody
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lookaround

Was that a joke?
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Well sort of but it obviously didn't work:lol
    SAMOAN likes this.