1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Ranieri sacked :o

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Seen, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

The bottom line is that the bottom line counts. I've no idea who the shareholders in Leicester City are but they have no loyalty to anyone-neither the manager, the fans nor the players, as classical capitalism uncoils like an ugly cobra and sinks its fangs into those who are least able to defend themselves. The sad part is the society where there is no allegiance to any person has descended into savagery, and it will only rebound on the instigators of this dastardly act, who will in their turn one day suffer the same fate. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/23/claudio-ranieri-sacked-leicester-city-manager/
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

4. Seen

Seen Moderator

There has been rumours for some time that he had lost the dressing room - if that's true so shortly after guiding these very players to the greatest achievement they will ever accomplish, then it's a disgrace really. No doubt the players have let last season's success go to their heads, thinking they are far better than they actually are - when in fact this season is simply showing their true ability.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

Last season every neutral was rooting for them to win the league.

Now every neutral wants them to go down.

:lol
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm no neutral - I backed them at 33/1 to go down. They won't go down and I've already laid back for my stake plus a bit. It's a sad, sad, ending for a great story. Now they go back to being a nothing club again but they won't go down (this season anyway).
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

What makes you so sure they won't go down? They're the most out of form team in the league, haven't scored in the league in 2017 (7 games) and 8 of their remaining 13 games are against top half teams.

I'm also on them to go down (didn't get 33's but on at 9.6, 14.5, 16.0 and 5.0), they've got a tough run of games coming up, I think they're in big trouble.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

You'd think after last season he'd have about 5 years grace.
    Doesn't matter who they get in, they'll struggle for the forseeable future imo.

The only person I can see getting them out of the shit is Pearson because if anything he started the run of form with these players but somehow I don't see that happening.
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

As soon as I heard he had the bullet I thought if Pearson.

I think it's complete bollox that they sacked him but on current form they had to do something and it's the easy option but they could have at least waited until their champions league run is over. Imagine if they go onto win the whole thing !!! (Very doubtful i know)
  10. slick

slick Administrator

I thought they would wait until their CL adventure was over too Keggers, In my mind they knew they had no chance at another Prem title but were going to cause another upset in the CL, form seemed to suggest that because they looked a different side in the CL this year, I still don't believe Ranieri lost the changing room, I think the owners bottled it due to Leicesters league position.

Reading the main Leicester FC forums today it seems the majority of fans are of the same view of the owners and agree to giving him the boot.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I agreed 100% with jug lugs Linekar thst they should be building statues snd not sacking the fucker.

The players have to take a lot of the blame. Driving around in the sports cars they got and spending the wage rises they got for winning the league.

Makes Monday nights game v Liverpool interesting viewing now. Will the players step up to the plate or will they be in for another spanking ?
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Hate it when this shit happens and Liverpool are up next.

Sad, but i agree with the Leicester City board, their statement was spot on.
  13. Seen

Seen Moderator

14. Seen

Seen Moderator

Dunno if anyone got on, but generally 5/1 across the board now (although PaddyPower go 15/2).

Got a tenner on at 25's and layed it back off on BF at 4.1 so a free £219 bet if he gets it. Looks wide open at the moment though.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Saw your post but didn't go for it, great tip off as it was, cos I don't need to give PP a push in the direction of banning me. Had it been available directly on the website, or been with another bookie I would have chanced my arm.

Great spot though :thumb
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

Now heavily odds-on across the board...

upload_2017-3-3_10-56-33.png

Currently 2.12 on betfair after collapsing in to 1.33 yesterday, so certainly not a done deal yet.