1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Scandinavia 28 August

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by ThunderCelt, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I've got a handful of picks in Norway and Sweden today. I don't know much (anything) about these leagues, so these are stats-based punts for small interest stakes.

Norway top Division
    Viking v Stabaek, 11/4
    Viking 13th (out of 16), Stabaek 4th. The visitors are also significantly higher in the recent form table. The clincher for me though is that Stabaek are impressive on their travels - of their nine aways, three of the four they have failed to win have been against other sides in the top four.

Viking are struggling bit in fairness have picked up recently and have a decent home record, but the stats make the visitors look a fraction long to me.

Aalesund v Molde, 6/4
    Aalesund 14th, Molde top. Aalesund have lost five of their last eight; Molde top of the form table and have won half their away games.

Norway Second Division
    Nysbergsund v Mjondalen Evens
    14th plays 11th. I can't find much information other than the league table, but the home side have a pretty decent record at home; it's their away form holding them back. The visotirs, on the other hand, are decent at home but have only won once on their travels.

Sweden Second Division
    Ljungskile v Degerfors 18/5
    9th (of 16th) hosts 4th. Both are evenly matched in terms of current form, but both are particularly good travellers - both have taken more points on the road than in front of thier own fans, which leads me to back the visitors here.
  2. ThunderCelt

Well, that went pretty badly with only Molde coming in :banghead
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol Never mind TC, there's always next week.

Is this your first venture into those leagues and will you be having another go or have you been well and truly discouraged?
  4. ThunderCelt

Thanks for the encouragement! I keep half an eye on these leagues, but rarely dabble. But because a lot of my bets are stats based at this time of year I look at Scandinavia as they've played enough games for trends to emerge.

I may well have another go as the amount I'm staking here is negligible.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well at those prices, you don't need a fantastic strike rate to make a profit so hopefully, you won't give up just yet.