1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ANTE-POST Scottish Ante Post 2014/15

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by kompressaur, Jun 1, 2014.

1. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

1st time relegation from the 3rd. could make a differance. I was gonna buy an albion Rovers season ticket as they are offering them for 'whatever you can afford'. (see website for details) I quite like Albion Rovers for the 3rd but East Fife and more so Arbroath are gonna be strong as fuck next season.

Albion have Ali love and MY FAV ALL TIME SCOTTISH PLAYER big John Gemmell playng for them. Gonna be hard for me not to want them to win it. Can they? Ward the manager is well settled and ...you just never know.

Dunferline will be odds on on but ill take errrrrrrrrr 11/8+ on them. the Championship i dont care about about as its full of rangers hearts and hibs etc

Scots 2 and 3 should be good though. I should be posting from my sleeping bag outside argos about it no doubt. If i survive a season then ill be doig well. Maybe thats all ill ever ask. Just let me get to the end of the season...
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm quite looking forward to this league Komp, well it's going to be more interesting than watching Celtic run away with the Prem again.

Best prices at present..

Rangers 1/2, Hearts 4/1, Hibs 11/2

I dont think Rangers will have it their own way and we could possibly see 2/1 about them at some point. I'm tempted to take the 4/1 about Hearts to start with.
  3. kompressaur

hearts are my wee nephew anfield squirrels pick Punter but me....welll as mentioned i dont think ill be still of this earth. No ante post for me. You cant take your ante post bets with you. It hs been been fun nd if if there is any saving grace i wont be around to see Rangers back in the SPL. btw Anfield had Hearts for relegation at 12/1 last season. His only regret was not doubling it with y Queens Park at 33/1 for borrom of the 3rd, Ive got him well trained in in reading up up on footballl and not betting on it. Hopefully the wee man has listened to his uncle komp and he's got something to offer you all in times to come.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I hope you will be Komp. Dont like hearing you talk like that mate.

And dont forget, Anfield Squirrel will require all your expertise in the coming seasons during his gambling apprenticeship. You need to be there for him when he starts coming up with daft ideas of 14fold accy's and trying out the Martingale system etc. Clip him round the ear when he's gambling on virtual racing. Put him back on track.
  5. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I hope you will be too, Komp.

I'll be going for these leagues too.

In L1, aren't Morton the only full side club? I assume that'll give them an advantage. Hopefully, my Scottish club, Stranraer ('cos I had a holiday job in SW Scotland once) can do a Rangers in L1 this year :unsure. On Pie and Bovril there seems to be a bit of anti-Dumfermline feeling - something to do with finances?

In L2, Clyde fans on Pie and Bovril seem to be talking up their chances; apparently they have a better side than the one which did credibly last year.

At this stage, can't argue with Punter's analysis on the Championship.

And in the non-Celtic market, weren't Motherwell meant to have a transitional season this time and did well with a young team? If I'm right, that should bode well for the coming campaign.
    Punter likes this.
  6. kompressaur

east fife released 90% of theyre squad. kept some of boys though and have already made 3 decent signings. Should be up there. Cant be dismissed in what looks a pretty pissy league all in next season only helped with relegation for the first time,

LOL TC Clyde fans area ALWAYS talking up their chances. I dont even know if they have a new manager yet?
  7. kompressaur

Im not really that up to speed with things yet and maybe wont be for the ante post markets before the off. William Hills are limiting scottish ante posts to singles only at the mo and thats just not my bag.

I think this season the P&B Clyde fans might have a lot to cheer on as you mention TC. The only problem is their manager is a bawbag, akin to Mark Roberts of Ayr. Young and easily angered. Fighting with the fans and losing the dressing room. That could be a big problem for clyde this season.

BBC are on the ball. lets see what theyre saying-
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27793737

ooooo you have to like that Allan Moore managerial post at Arbroath. He must have won this league about 3 times and knows what it takes. I nearly backed Arbroath blind when i saw he had the job. His tactics might have got found out in the Championship with Morton but he knows how to win this league.

Is that David Sinclair ex Queens Park at Clyde? Probably will be. Him and Gray look like the only 2 decent signings theyve made to me. Lost 4 of last seasons squad to higher league teams too i note. Nah Ferguson is a bawbag and it will shine through his team too. Im NOT backing clyde this season as it stands.

Need to read more about Arbroath. wont be that much of a differant arbroath that got relegated last season. Fuck the last time arbroath where in this league i had £450 on them at 9/2 (won). I think a fiver is my biggest bet since :\

I know he gets a slagging from p&b folks but i do like Mcbride at arbroath (ex cowdenbeath and Raith) Hopefully he's up for it this season in what im guesssing is his first in the bottom league. Maybe they need one or two more players to be a good bet. Theyre starting to look solid enough though and should be there abouts imo.

Albion Rovers has the be my favs still at the mo. Theyve recruited well and have a new managment team in Young and clarke. Clark will keep young Young right. They probably eed 3 or 4 more players though as they lost a lot of regs. If they do make a few more decent signing then i think ill be on them and arbroath to win the league.

Berwick look like their going backwards.

Annan should have a say on things if they keep their loan signings from last year and maybe add a couple of heads. Carcary never seems interested but on his going days he'll be worth a couple of goals per match. I think he's been a sub since leaving Rangers years ago. Dunno if he can do 90 minutes. bah im talking shite now. headachessssss

East Fife might need time to gell. Might take them till next year though.

East Stirling have lost a couple and gained a few. Niven will help their defence and McKenna should be worth a goal or two. again its down to the managers tactics though (not adventurous and sits on leads) theyll have to chage their style if they want to go up this year. They lead the league for 3 months last season i think :eek

Much the same this season as last for Elgin and Montrose i think.

who knows if Queens Park's junior signing this season are gonna be any better than they ended up with last season. I suppose its more a matter of when than if Anderson goes elsewhere.

in League One it can only be between Dunfermline and Morton id say. I wasnt kean on morton and dont like their signings etc but as you say TC being full time in this league could be all important. QOS season before last where the only FT club and they walked it.

Dunfermline are rightfull favs imo though with the players they have and the ones theyve brought in. I'll just back them both in a perm and have stenhousemuir on the handicap line i think.
    charly1 and ThunderCelt like this.
  8. ThunderCelt

Thanks Komp. I'll be doing my Antepost multiples again this season, but trying to be a bit more intelligent about it (ie know a bit more about it!) and this is an interesting start.

And the relegation thing - that's the bottom club in the league replaced by the winner of a play-off between the Highland and (season old) Lowland League winners, isn't it? :thinking
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I've stuck a fiver on Aberdeen to win the SPL at 33/1. Celtic will still win it but it'll be interesting to see how their squad reacts to getting pumped out of the champions league (3-0 win will see them through though). Another big pumping v Spurs yesterday.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

I get the feeling that his years Scottish premier league is going to be the same as last years La Liga, an outsider will win it.

Aberdeen are a good shout but i'm going to have some Dundee Utd too.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

More on Dundee Utd @ 66/1 for me. This seasons Atletico Madrid bet. 66/1 Corals
  12. kompressaur

for the record i took-

Hearts w/o Rangers 4/5
    Stenhousemuir Top 4 finish @ 7/2
    Albion Rovers @ 9/2

in an accy
  13. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Rangers are rank rotten. They drew with Hibs, got beat by Hearts and are being outclassed by Falkirk. If it wasn't for good saves from their keeper they would be getting beat. Miller and Boyd haven't had a sniff. I never saw the Derby game but supposedly they were piss poor as well.
  14. ThunderCelt

I agree with keegan. I've seen Rangers twice now and listened toothed Hearts game - Hearts might be worth a go with Rangers - about 9/4.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Placed my biggest ante post bet of the season by far, earlier.

Without Celtic - Dundee Utd @ 11/4 Boylesport
  16. kompressaur

Albion Rovers sitting top and thats after playing the season so far without 3 of their best players (Gemmell, Love and Chaplain) They can only get better imo.
    Punter likes this.
  17. kompressaur

good draw for them at berwick at the weekend also. They usually suffer defeat by Berwick. Berwick had the Currie boys back too so i was well 'appy with a point
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Hope you're right Komp, Arbroath worry me but i'm not clued up.

I managed to catch the Dundee derby highlights, enjoyed that. A lot to like about Utd, this season.