1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Scottish Football

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by winrew, Aug 25, 2011.

1. winrew

winrew GILF

Oxymoron ?

What happened to Scottish football , was a time when all English teams had a few jocks in the first team , seems extremely rare no.

Rangers , Hearts and Celtic all crashed out of Europe tonight in what looks like a farley easy comp to progress , i mean f**king hell even Birmingham got through to the next stage ..

Where did it all go wrong ?
  2. slick

slick Administrator

In a word 'Buckfast'
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Tell you the truth England would be pretty much the same if it wasn't for the Sky Money, its may not be dripping down to the grass roots but it has made the Prem one of the best leagues in the world and one all the young kids in England want to aim for, it it wasn't for that we'd be in the same boat as the sweatys i reckon.
    Kids don't play football for the fun of it anymore as they have a plenty more things to be getting on with, its the highlife of being a top player that now attracts them bar the odd player like Scholes, it never used to be like that.
    Maybe George Best started the rot.?
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Nah, theres been George Best types in all sports, mavericks, like, they just happen once in a while
  5. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

I'll just paste in what I replied to you on TDP, Wins. BEHOLD MY FURY!!!

Scottish football has stood still while the rest of the world moved on, progressed, evolved.

This country has fuck all facilities too for young people compared to somewhere like Norway for example and a culture that sees success as being for POOFS. Most kids, even talented ones, would rather be drinking Special Brew and smoking cigarettes and raping cats. Or playing X-Box.

Negativity plagues the people here too in my opinion. Few truly believe they can make something of themselves. Many of them probably don't give a fuck either. Compare us to countries of similar or even smaller size: Uruguay? Croatia? Denmark? Christ. Just about any country you can think of. They KNOW they can take on anyone.

Even San Marino seem able to pass and move better than our teams. Passing and moving ffs! We just can't do it. Statues. Surely movement is the easiest fucking skill to learn? All you need is a pair of legs ffs. But nooooooooooo. Our teams are like fucking Stephen Hawking clones but without the brains.

Also, our managers are mainly retarded fuckwits who play not to lose thinking that it's some great achievement. "Well it's a tough place to come... we'll be happy with a 1-0 defeat." Looking back on games over the years where the national side has HAD to win, we've turned in surprisingly impressive performances against sides which were apparently a lot better. The boys can play when they want to. Or when allowed to.

I say, God creates a massive flood, wipes almost everyone out except for... hmmm... someone positive and progressive who can build a boat where he can put the best coaches and young players in. And we start again. From scratch.

edit: The negative manager thing I'm also applying to the clubs. Walter Smith just had no faith in his boys at all although I always thought they were FAR more impressive when he went 2 up front. They're all the fucking same. Honestly, I'm so sick of Scottish football it hurts. Actually painful. And the the only way it's going to change is if we continue to get humped and embarrassed. No pain no gain. Or something.
  6. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

the only thing is,MickeyPaul,doesnt some of what youre saying also apply to late 60s and 70s?esp.the first 2 main paragraphs.
  7. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

with the exception of raping cats,natch-thats probably new:unsure
  8. MickeyPaul

Maybe not the X-Box part. :lol I'm not sure what your point is though. If other countries have improved technically while we've stood still (or actually become a lot worse) it stands to reason we'd be less successful (not that we've ever had much success anyway - certainly not at international level).

And I do believe most kids just don't care about playing the game anymore and would rather be raping animals and drinking whisky (as I did at that age). The little shits should be forced to play and FORCED TO ENJOY IT!! Use whips if need be.

And build some fucking indoor facilities with proper pitches and start merging clubs as there are far too many. Get the best talent together with the best coaches and don't let them play video games or watch television or talk to girls. And make them dress smart. Some nice slacks and a shirt and tie and maybe a wee hat. And nice football boots.

It's for their own good. I'm not asking too much.
  9. MickeyPaul

:lol Come on! We've all tried it.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Surprised nobody has mentioned that Celtic are back in the Europa league
  11. MickeyPaul

Exciting times indeed for Scottish football. They're not even good enough to mix with Europe's nobodies. Well, they are I suppose as they play them every week in the SPL and win more often than not.
  12. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

that celtic move is a total farce, they got papped out fair and square

shame on you uefa