1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Seen's big eye on the little world...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seen, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

The latest moronic twitter racism storm....fucking YAWN :wank

Can someone explain to me just how exactly this is deemed racist? (And yes, I am well aware of the connotations of 'blackface', something that this is most definitely not).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/darts-fan-dresses-up-blackface-11708187

Outrage as darts fan dresses up in blackface as MP Diane Abbott and bookies defends it
    Star Sports Bookmakers has become embroiled in a Twitter storm after it defended posting a tweet which showed a man blacked-up to mimic the Labour MP - which it said was an early contender for best fancy dress
    [​IMG]
    This picture was shared in a tweet by Star Sports Bookmakers (Image: @StarSports_Bet/Twitter
    A Darts fan has sparked fury after dressing up in blackface as MP Diane Abbott at the World Championships in Alexandra Palace.

The arrows spectator is at the centre of a raging Twitter storm after a bookmakers shared a picture of his fancy dress during last night's first round matches.

The photograph shows the man, who is unnamed, with a blacked-up face and hands while wearing a black wig, glasses and red jacket complete with Labour rosette.

He is also seen holding a sign which reads 190 - 10 more than the maximum 180 score on a throw - which may be seen as a possible jibe at Ms Abbott.

[​IMG]

While outlining Labour's plan to put 10,000 more police officers on the street, Ms Abbott said the policy would cost £300,000, then £80 million, then around £800 million over four years.

The picture emerged when it was shared on Twitter by independent bookmakers Star Sports Bookmakers, who described it as an "early contender" for best fancy dress in the competition, which started on Thursday.

The company has defended its post and told a Labour colleague of Ms Abbott to 'stop taking things so seriously' when she complained it was prejudiced.

The caption alongside the image reads: "An early contender for best fancy dress costume at the #PDC #WorldDartsChampionships tonight at #AllyPally."

[​IMG]
    Stella Creasy voiced her disgust at the tweet (file photo) (Image: Newcastle Chronicle)

The post, which has now been shared by thousands of Twitter users, immediately sparked a backlash with one man describing darts events as "like a p*** up at the EDL convention".

Another woman simply said. "Awful. Just awful."

20h

[​IMG]Bae Grylls (AKA B.I.E. Grylls)@TheAuracl3
    Replying to @TheAuracl3
    Tonight has been qwhite revealing in terms of people’s (and organisations) racist leanings, I must say.

[​IMG]Bae Grylls (AKA B.I.E. Grylls)@TheAuracl3

And now you know why I have never and will never go to the darts. It’s like a piss up at the EDL convention.

[​IMG]stellacreasy@stellacreasy
    Replying to @StarSports_Bet

Wow @StarSports_Bet - guess it says what you really think of your customers that you promote this..hoping @Yourallypallyexpect better about those using their beautiful venue …as bookies or punters… #21stcenturycallinghttps://twitter.com/StarSports_Bet/status/941784315301679104 …

12:09 PM - Dec 16, 2017

[​IMG]Rachael@Rachael_Swindon
    Replying to @StarSports_Bet and 2 others

Meanwhile, in the year 2017, it is usually poorly educated souls or Year 4 pupils that tend to find this hilarious. But at least you got some retweets.

Among those to slam the bookmakers was Ms Abbott's Labour colleague Stella Creasy.

She tweeted: "Wow @ StarSports_Bet - guess it says what you really think of your customers that you promote this..hoping Yourallypally expect better about those using their beautiful venue …as bookies or punters… 21stcenturycalling."

But the firm hit back at the Labour politician to "stop taking things so seriously" as it defended the picture.

Star Sports Bookmakers tweeted: "This wasn’t some guerrilla marketing stunt Stella; one of our team attended on a social night out.

"We thought it was a very impressive attempt at fancy dress and merely shared it with our followers. Please stop taking things so seriously."

16 Dec

[​IMG]stellacreasy@stellacreasy
    Wow @StarSports_Bet - guess it says what you really think of your customers that you promote this..hoping @Yourallypallyexpect better about those using their beautiful venue …as bookies or punters… #21stcenturycalling https://twitter.com/StarSports_Bet/status/941784315301679104 …

[​IMG]Bubbles the bear@bubbles_bear1

Have a day off Stella. You don't have to be offended by everything. Stop taking yourself so seriously.

[​IMG]John Curtis@Johncurtis1889
    Replying to @StarSports_Bet @brinnyblade90

Genius. Best fancy dress I've seen.

[​IMG]Daniel M Holt@CHoltdan14
    Hilarious. That is the funniest things with the 190 aswell!! People getting serious about it should grow up [​IMG]

Ms Creasy later tweeted the company should "go off to the 19th century" after one user told her to "have a day off".

Mirror Online has approached the company, based in Hove, Sussex, for comment.

But the firm appeared unapologetic when contacted by the Independent and claimed nothing it had previously posted has had such a "positive response" on social media.

A spokesperson told the website: "We were at Cheltenham yesterday and we were also at the darts and there were people taking pictures with guys in Batman outfits and Superman outfits, and also this guy in a Diane Abbott outfit.

“We tweeted it and it has had an unprecedented response in terms of retweets and likes.

“Ultimately you’re not going to please everybody all the time - we have never had anything on our social media that has had such a positive response.”

Mirror Online has contacted Alexandra Palace for comment.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

A lot of this shite is because the minority moan about it so get heard whereas the majority who see it for what it is don't.
    If I tweeted raging about my next door neighbor buying a black pair of shoes or white for that matter, you can guarantee someplace somewhere they'll be some numptys agreeing with me.
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

Exactly. If he didn't blacken his face then he wouldn't look like her, so the fancy dress wouldn't work. 'Blackface' was a bad thing, but that was in the 19th century, we've kind of moved on since then. The joke was clearly referring to Abbott's inability to count not her skin colour.

She's a political figure of ridicule, just like Boris Johnson and Trump, everyone laughs when the white man gets the piss taken out of them but woe betide anyone mocking a woman and/or person of colour. Ironically she has a history of being a horrible racist herself.
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

6. slick

slick Administrator

7. Seen

Seen Moderator

How the fuck can someone who carried out 100 rapes serve less than 9 years in prison? How can the parole board be confident that he will not be a danger to the public? What the fuck is wrong with this country continually giving dangerous people like him a 2nd chance?

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/jan/04/black-cab-rapist-john-worboys-released-prison
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Like you say joke of a sentence to begin with and he's done the minimum, minimum should have been at least 30 years.
    Cunt was even targeting his own family..
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...boys-tells-how-he-spied-on-her-daughters.html
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

Punter likes this.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Punter likes this.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Yeah, somehow I doubt the hard men in there will take kindly to someone who stole a dead 14 year old girl's phone, took pictures of her dead body then sold them for £100.

Not sure if the piece of shit reporter who bought the photos has been named but the cunt should be.
    slick and Punter like this.
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

More than £50,000 was raised by the public to help Parker. All the cash was returned to donors earlier this month.

Parker's family revealed how he brazenly taunted them after they doubted his claims of bravery.

In messages to the mother of a former partner, Parker said: “Went to the One Love concert as a special guest.

“Does that not tell you the truth you d***head.”

In another message he bragged: “Hahahahaha d***head you are just jel cause I’ve got 52 grand. Ahahaha.

“And you are all on benefits whilst I’m on my way to Turkey… you are all just a bunch of scruffs...look at my bank account 52 grand richer.”
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Ideas of grande the thick scruffy lazy cnut, deserves all he gets.

Here's a good one, try and kidnap a kid from a school not once but twice and get a suspended sentence.....with a lame excuse saying it was just a joke.
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ion-attempt-wellacre-academy-flixton-14240183

I'm sorry but nobody in their right mind jokes that way.
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

Some of the crimes that are given suspended sentences nowadays makes you wonder what world these judges are living in. You simply can't do something like that and basically get away with it, well, obviously you can as these morons did, but you shouldn't.
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42968342

Tesco faces record £4bn equal pay claim

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a load of absolute shite, man :mad:

So let's get this straight...

a) A woman who works on the shop floor is paid exactly the same as a man who works on the shop floor
    b) A woman who works in the warehouse is paid exactly the same as a man who works in the warehouse
    c) A woman who works on the shop floor is paid less than a man who works in the warehouse
    d) A man who works on the shop floor is paid less than a woman who works in the warehouse

All of these are true, yet the only one that is being mentioned is 'c', which is, surprise surprise, the only one which gives the impression women are being discriminated against.

But they're not. This has absolutely fuck all to do with gender, they are two different jobs which are both open to both sexes. It's not Tesco's fault that the majority of women would prefer to do a job where they sit on their arse all day in a warm building passing bags of frozen chips and tins of beans through the scanner, rather than working in a cold warehouse doing hard manual labour lugging pallets on and off wagons, along with the hugely increased risk of injury.

If they were just complaining about the pay discrepancy between the two jobs then fair enough (although I still wouldn't agree the two jobs should be paid the same), but they're bringing gender in to it simply because they know this country is shit scared of being accused of being biased against anyone that isn't a straight white male.
    SAMOAN, Punter and slick like this.
  16. winrew

winrew GILF

Totally agree Seen. I know my workplace has different rates of pay for certain jobs regardless of gender.
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

Being a betting man, I'd happily have a decent wager that Miss/Mrs Element probably holds the antiquated opinion that a man should never hit a woman, a view that is highly sexist and has no place in today's modern 'gender equality' society. This would very much make her a hypocrite indeed.

She's right, though. There ARE times where there are explainable discrepancies in gender equality. For example, how about in the event of a disaster, the unwritten 'women and children first' rule. What about us men, we don't want to fucking die either?!! I'd be running away throwing women behind me.

Or when a teacher is caught having sexual relations with a pupil. When it's a male teacher doing the dirty, not only do they almost always receive a harsher sentence than their female counterparts do, but also the headlines in the media will be something along the lines of "PAEDOPHILE PERVERT TEACHER HAS SEX WITH CHILD", accompanied by a photo of them looking dishevelled and unshaven, usually after spending a sleepless night in a police cell.
    Conversely, a woman teacher who commits exactly the same crime, will receive a slap on the wrist (suspended sentence) and the headline of "BLONDE BOMBSHELL TEACHER HAS YEAR-LONG AFFAIR WITH STUDENT", with a photo from her Facebook page of her dolled up the the nines looking like every schoolboy's fantasy.

And then there's the unbalance of parental rights - when two parents split up the mother is almost always the one who is given main custody, she usually has to be a heroin-addicted hooker to not be, and often the father has to spend years fighting in the courts just to see his kids.

And I read a rather disturbing report today (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...cared-hug-children-case-accused-sexual-abuse/), which I may come back to on this thread, which tells how guides for foster parents state that the male carers should not show physical affection for the children they are bringing up in case people think that they're paedo's, and that male carers should put the kids in the back seat of the car when picking them up because, you know, all men are potential child abusers and not a single woman is.

So yeah, she's got a point, like :ohwell

They're not being paid less, you fucking dumb cunt :mad:
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

If Tesco do actually lose this court case, then perhaps they should do this. Tell all their workers, on the shop floor and in the warehouses, that they must share jobs. So the shop workers will work every other week in the warehouse, and the warehouse workers every other week on the shop floor. The shop workers surely won't complain about having to do this as, like they say, the jobs are just the same, aren't they?

Imagine Kim Element's face when she gets told to unload 30 pallets off a big fuck off lorry in the freezing cold driving rain :p
    Punter likes this.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

:p