1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Seen's big eye on the little world...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seen, Jul 3, 2017.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

My brother went to a comedy club in London last weekend. The three acts he saw were a Pakistani comedian, a gay comedian and the "star" act was some disabled bloke. He said he's no idea whether he was funny or not because he couldn't understand a fucking word he was saying.

Hurrah for equality.
    Punter and slick like this.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

:mad: Funny how they don't seem to mind when the only men the camera pans in on are fat ugly fuckers with their tops off and bellies out, it's fine for these to be made in to figures of fun, but it's some kind of sex crime to appreciate a woman's beauty :ohwell

https://www.rt.com/sport/432861-female-fans-fifa-sexism/

No more ‘hot women’ - FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums

[​IMG]

FIFA's Head of Sustainability and Diversity Federico Addiechi has urged broadcasters to show less cutaways of beautiful women in the stands as part of efforts to tackle sexism in football.

The world football governing body wants to get a more respectful image of female fans attending games as issues of sexual harassment during the World Cup were raised at FIFA media briefing on Wednesday.

[​IMG]

FARE (Football Against Racism in Europe) network which works in close cooperation with FIFA and monitors fans behavior at World Cup games said it documented more than 30 cases of women being “accosted in the streets” during the month-long tournament in Russia.

Half of the reported incidents included female broadcasters being harassed while on air.

Addiechi said that FIFA will ask national broadcasters to stop zooming in on attractive women in stadiums to prevent potential 'sexist' incidents.

While racism was named Russia’s most problematic issue before the World Cup, no discriminative cases have been reported so far, said Piara Powar FARE executive director who praised the hosts of the tournament for giving a warm welcome to international guests.

[​IMG]

"The Russian people played a magnificent role in making people feel welcome,” Powar said. “There were no issues to report on Russians inside stadiums. We hope that this World Cup will have a long-term impact on Russian society."

"The Russian state together with the Russian Football Union did quite a lot of work in terms of ruling off individuals that there were concerns about. A number of individuals were denied their FAN IDs. All this combined led to quite a good tournament," he added.
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Surely in that case they're now going to be insulting any women that ever appear on the screens, as they're basically saying they're ugly :duh

On the subject of the fucked up world of FIFA, I see England have been fined £53k for some of their players wearing unauthorised socks. Which is obviously a far more serious offence than racist chanting by fans, which only got Russia a 22k fine. Although apparently racism isn't a major offence, as in the grand scheme of fines, it's considered less serious than letting a cat get on the pitch (Besiktas, 30k fine), although that one was UEFA rather than FIFA. Or of course wearing pants with a bookies name on them (Bendtner, 80k fine, UEFA again).
    Seen likes this.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm totally against some of the shit that is chanted at football matches. The "ten German Bombers" one I find the most offensive I think, mostly because I look at some of the waste of space wankers who are singing it (bravely in a crowd of their mates) and wonder how they would measure up against the poor lads on any side who had to actually put their lives at risk during the war(s) and how those lads would view a world where their modern day counterparts can celebrate a football victory by punching ambulance staff. BUT, the song that's being quoted is "No surrender to the IRA". It's a song about not giving in to terrorists. If it was a song espousing the glory of a terrorist organisation I could understand it but it isn't.

Should there be a banning of songs including lyrics about crushing rebellious Scots also be banned or are they going to continue to allow the National Anthem?
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

6. slick

slick Administrator

Word of the day 'Espousing'.
    Never heard it before, where the fcuk did you get that from?

I agree with what you say though, Shit bags jumping on the England Bandwagon acting the big 'I am' long after the horse has bolted, get on my tits too.
    They wasn't so hard when half a dozen Russian Ultras knocked fcuk out of them in Marseille, no wonder they bottled out going to Russia,never seen so few England fans at a major tourny in my life.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

Any time I see fat middle-aged blokes fighting in the street (at footy games or just out on the piss) I cringe like fuck. At least young 'uns have the excuse of being young and daft.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

Cunt of the month...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-ne...=social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1531869283

9. slick

slick Administrator

10. Seen

Seen Moderator

11. slick

slick Administrator

12. Seen

Seen Moderator

Fucking hell...

https://news.sky.com/story/teen-sentenced-to-life-for-murdering-parents-and-three-siblings-11467210

Teenager sentenced to life for killing five members of his family

Michael Bever, now 19, and his older brother Robert killed their parents and three siblings in a murder spree in 2015.

[​IMG]
    Michael Bever was 16 when he and his older brother, Robert, stabbed their mother, father, two younger brothers and five-year-old sister to death in 2015.

Two sisters survived the attack, which was described as the worst single criminal event in the history of Broken Arrow city in Oklahoma.

Now 19, Michael Bever was convicted in May of five counts of first degree murder for his role in the killings.

The teenager's lawyers argued that he had been led astray by his older brother, who pleaded guilty to the killings in 2016 and was sentenced to life without parole.

While prosecutors urged that the horrific nature of his crime merited a sentence without parole, the jury recommended Michael Bever was granted life with parole.

[​IMG]

Officers were alerted to the 2015 killing spree by an "open 911" call, in which the caller did not speak.

On arrival they were unable to get in through the front door of the house, but heard moaning and found the boys' injured sister before dragging her outside over fears the killer might still be inside.

Commenting at the time, neighbour Patricia Statham said: "It certainly is shocking. I'm shocked. I feel so bad for everyone who walks into that house.

"You can see it in the faces of the officers when they come out."

During Bever's sentencing a lawyer read a letter from the adoptive mother of the injured sister and the two-year-old who escaped unharmed, describing how the girls would spend their lives "looking over their shoulders".

The older sister, who still bears scars from the attack, "is terrified of that thought that her brother could possibly be paroled and what he might do to her," the letter said.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Him in the bottom picture looks like a fruit loop and the one above him looks a ringer but a few yrs younger without the acne.

The article doesn't mention why they killed them does it, fcuk know's what was going through their minds.
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

Oh, fuck off......:adolph

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ollowers-calling-ladies-saying-OFFENSIVE.html

Women's football team bans followers from calling them 'ladies' saying it's OFFENSIVE
    • Hackney Women's Football Club have called time on fans calling them ladies
    • The club, founded in 1986, said the term made members feel uncomfortable
    • It evokes the idea that women belong in the kitchen and not the pitch, one said
    • The club has 45 members made up of all ages, the youngest 17 and the eldest 54

A female football team has called time on followers referring to them as ladies, deeming it offensive and suggestive that women belong in the kitchen.

For more than 30 years Hackney Women's Football Club has welcomed women who love playing the Beautiful Game.

But senior members of the team have now warned people to stop calling them a 'ladies' side because it carries the connotation that they should 'be in the kitchen and not on the pitch.'

[​IMG]

A female football team has banned fans from calling them ladies, deeming it offensive. Players at Hackney Women's Football Club have called time on the term following team discussions

[​IMG]

For more than 30 years, Hackney Women's Football Club has welcomed women who love playing the Beautiful Game. The club in Hackney, east London, was founded in 1986, by a group of women who wanted to play football but who were all gay

Club player and Treasurer, Kristina Maddocks, ignited the debate when she said she told people off for referring to them as 'ladies.'

She said the term made many members feel uncomfortable and that the word 'women' was far more empowering.

She said: 'It's not offensive to be referred to as a ladies club but at the same time it almost is.

'It's loaded, in the sense of you're meant to be a lady and your meant to behave in a particular way and that's not just in sport, that's in life.

'Being a man or woman or other doesn't have the connotation of being a "stay in your place, you should be in the kitchen" term.

'If something's not very ladylike it's very negative.'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Senior members of the team have now warned people to stop calling them a 'ladies' team because it carries the connotation that they should 'be in the kitchen and not on the pitch'

[​IMG]

Now, around 95 per cent of members are lesbians. But many have grown tired of being dubbed a ladies' team

The club in Hackney, east London, was founded in 1986, by a group of women who wanted to play football but who were all gay.

Now, around 95 per cent of members are lesbians. But Ms Maddocks said many had grown tired of being dubbed a ladies' team.

She added: 'It was never Hackney ladies - that was one thing they were all sure of when they founded the club.

'It comes back to the notion of men and women not being equal, and I think that's why we've always preferred being referred to as a women's club because that's what we are - women.

[​IMG]

During the 80s, when homophobia was rife, Hackney faced a barrage of criticism and members had to fight for its very existence

[​IMG]

Today, the club is thriving with 45 members made up of all ages, the youngest 17 and the eldest 54

'Women is more empowering. We are women.

'Some of the older members would be pretty peeved if we were to ever change the name to ladies.

'Even if you say "right ladies" they will pull you up and say "women."

During the 80s, when homophobia was rife, Hackney faced a barrage of criticism and members had to fight for its very existence.

Today, the club is thriving with 45 members made up of all ages, the youngest 17 and the eldest 54.

[​IMG]

It boasts a number of teams, a 1st XI, reserves and a veterans' side, playing their home matches at the Marshes

[​IMG]

The first recorded game of women's football in England took place in 1895

It boasts a number of teams, a 1st XI, reserves and a veterans' side, playing their home matches at the Marshes.

Paul Mortimer, Non-Executive Director of the London FA, said: 'Hackney Women's Football Club - who have formed London's first predominantly lesbian team - are a shining example that football is moving in the right direction to accept everybody and become an inclusive sport.

'It is essential that teams like Hackney Women's FC continue to lead the way and break down the barriers that exist in our sport.'

And Phil Smith, Sport England's Director of Sport said: 'Everyone should be able to take part in sport to enjoy the physical and mental health benefits it brings, regardless of their age, background, or sexuality.

'Hackney Women's Football Club is a deliberately inclusive club and we wish them every success.'

The first recorded game of women's football in England took place in 1895.
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

'It's not offensive to be referred to as a ladies club but at the same time it almost is'

What the fuck is that meant to mean? :spaz
  16. slick

slick Administrator

I agree, should be Lezzies:leaving
    Seen likes this.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I always hesitate to click on this thread cos it’s depresses me.

The world is full of cunts.
    Seen likes this.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

19. Seen

Seen Moderator

It's not often I'm left gobsmacked, but I was when I read this sorry tale..

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rapist-karen-white-in-women-s-jail-was-trans-faker-lbcwjp8jc

So they let a convicted RAPIST move to a women's prison just because he said he identified as a woman, obviously the authorities were shit scared of being accused of transphobia if they said no. Within days of the move he'd committed four sexual assaults, ffs man. WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY THINK WOULD HAPPEN??? HE'S A FUCKING RAPIST :banghead

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...e-debate-over-transgender-inmates-karen-white

20. Seen

Seen Moderator

Absolute disgrace :mad:
    slick likes this.