1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Slovakia

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Max Jason Mai will perform Don’t Close Your Eyes in Baku for Slovakia.

Initially, this rock song seems a touch too hard on the ears, but once the chorus kicks in it becomes apparent that this song is sublimely balanced. There are many western rock influences to compare Don’t Close Your Eyes with, which should ensure this song enjoys a solid following at the semis and final in May.

Max’s song is not as radio friendly as Manga (Turkey 2010) – nor is there massive diaspora to call upon for Slovakia, but at present, this is my favourite song this year and a song I’ll be making note of when it comes to the semi final markets.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I'll have some of that, sounds rather American modern rockish but I like it which is no suprise as it's the type of music my teenage daugther plays all the time.
  3. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Max is the only guy who can remotely compete with Loreen this year..
  4. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Video. Looking very creative. Certainly bodes well for Baku. This is one I'm keeping a very close eye on.
  5. Rob44

Rob44 Member

this should mop up the rock vote. but where is slovakia's support coming from as a nation. could be the dark horse entry but i'm not sure the verses will be holding anyone's attention? will have to think further on this one but given ideal circumstances it could bve challenging top ten - it won't be in the top 4.
  6. Steve_uk

An artiste ahead of his time,whose forum here might not suit. Ozzy and Sharon if you're watching,please take this guy under your wing..
  7. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Here's a live version of 'Don't Close you Eyes'. There are a few immediate issues, but if the were to odds lengthen, I’d still add to my bet – perhaps not until rehearsals though.
    Those scarecrow masks are a bit cheap and also a little close to Slipknot's shtick? I can’t really appreciate what they add to the performance either.
    What I can appreciate from this performance is the amateurish staging and sound engineering…
    The music/instrument levels were far too low and there was virtually no bass to drive the song into your chest. Therefore, his singing, whilst good, sounded too bright. I couldn’t hear reverb or any other effect on his vocal either, so that’s something to expect once we get to Eurovision. The stage wasn’t lit, nor were there any exciting camera angles and that’s a major part of the presentation package. I think that performance is fine for this point of the competition. Once he gets to Baku, I imagine Slovakia will blow us away.
    One further note is that there’s only 4 people on stage. I’m sure the Slovakian delegation will have a gimmick in mind.
  8. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

9. Steve_uk

The intensity of this song makes him the male Loreen in this contest,and he will get the teenage girl and the "we don't want Sweden to win again" vote and jury support as he wrote the song himself. I noticed he's lowered the vocal in parts from the previous videos and I hope that's not because he's losing his voice. As for the spare capacity,all that's missing is the ectoplasm emanating from the girl dressed in white nightie on the bed,I'm half-expecting the Turin Shroud to appear when really an angel would be more appropriate..it's all a bit creepy with the droplets of blood and the incongruous red glove puppet..this is an improvement,but how about some emotion to accompany the "let me get out of here" lyric..the instrumentalists are superb and I wouldn't think an adjustment would be too much of an issue.