1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

South Africa v Australia 2nd test

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by swooperman, Nov 19, 2011.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

SA currently 164-3, 134 ahead. De Villiers & Amla are well in & the Aussies have just brought their quicks back on to try & break them. We're 30 odd minutes from tea, & 32 overs from the new ball, so this spell is enormous as if SA survive it then theyve got 25 overs against the softer ball to really move on.
    Not many matches have been won chasing last, but 290 has been chased by the Aussies, but a very different Aussies from this lot. Australia have been collapsed in this series at least twice now, going for just 47 in the last test. Its a decent looking pitch but the Aussies missed the boat after being 170-odd for 1 & then 296 all out.
    This Australia are a nervous side. They face New Zealand 10 days after this where they can bed in youngsters, & I believe a number of older players are in severe danger here. Mitch Johnson, Haddin, Hussey, Ponting are all in danger of being dropped.
    Anyone who thinks Punter will be given another chance needs to remember Brett Lee was given the same against NZ 2 years ago, took 9 wickets before being smashed into retirement by SA straight after. Punter is level with Border on Aussie tests, & I hope he calls it time after this. Hes a legend, he deserves more than to be dropped, & I dont think Pup Clarke can save him. He got zero first dig btw.
    The likeliest survivor of the 4 is Hussey, as Haddin took a lot of blame for last weeks collapse. The Aussies are in youth mode, Cummins is playing only his 4th first class match.

Australia too nervous. Be interesting to hear the crowd on Punters 2nd innings appearance. I'd love him to do a Nasser & go with a ton, but I dont think even that can save him.

End of an era.

South Africa. 150 ahead. Series topsy turvey but they look secure & Aussies look flat.

South Africa 2.28 Betfair (sliding) 15pnts
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

On it - just over evens
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

All on this half hour I think. Aussies must go for broke, relying on a bloke playing his 4th first class match as their spearhead/main hope. Thats not 4th test....thats 4th match !! Yes the new ball comes after that but using the quicks now mean they'll be tired, & the rookie hasnt bowled enough overs for stamina.
    Even if they get wickets now, you'd still expect SA to set 250.
    Personally I think it'll be closer to 350, then it may well be the unedifying spectacle of a fading champion battling against the fading light, being the last to see the truth.....
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good line. You should consider writing a book.

That's if you're serious
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Ah yes, serious.....interesting word

Johnsons bowling like the primadonna he's always been, consistently letting his captain down when he needs him. Story of his career. Siddles bowling his heart out, fair play clap but he's simply not classy enough. Its all reliant on Cummins with the new ball.
    Johnsons getting slapped out the attack now, 3 fours in an over by Amla...poor. 190 ahead now. Johnsons finished.
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Cummins forced back on 14 overs early in a do or die, 'oh shit, what shall I do Punter?' tactic after Mitch has bowled like a pussy. Cummins could break down here, untested stamina, made worse by Schwayze being unable to bowl.
    Safris still available @ 2.3 as the draw is shortening due to the gloom. No need for panic, 2 days left, Aussies need to win
  7. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I saw that ODM,never again shall I doubt swoopermans intentions:)
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

De Villiers gone already, SA effectively 215-4 with Amla closing in on a ton. SA available @ 3.2 due to there being some rain forecast today, does look overcast but think they started 30 minutes early to compensate. SA went for just 25 from here in the first dig, I'd settle for 85 & a 300 chase
  9. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Amla gone :unsure effectively 231-6, & as I said SA have collapsed in both tests & had their tail blown away for bugger all. Boucher needs to get them up to 275, thats the split for me, as its even now, although I'd still back SA. Aussies were 8/1 earlier, but I've stood firm
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Boucher gone, 266-7, 236 ahead, tail exposed. Happier with another 40 but all the things about Australia being nervous have yet to come into play
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Steyn has guided SA to 339 all out, leaving Australia chasing 310, a record here. Johnson is finished here imo, a low scoring match, a bowler short & hes taken 2-168. Get rid.
    Steyn pumped up, nerves all over the place, batsmen playing for their careers. The old Australia would get this 4 in 10 I reckon....this lot? Not for me :unsure

About to post I think they could go in a rush here, then Watson offers no shot, bowled Steyn clap

Khawaja in, 3rd ball.....Aussies sinking
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Pontings in next, imagine that @ 12-2 :eek
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

19-2, Hughes gone.

C'mon Ricky :leaving
  14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Looking good Swoop :thumb How's the weather looking?
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Dull, mate. Plenty of overs left in the game, another day yet, but the umpires took them about 4 their time yesterday, 2 ours. Might not get there today but another couple of wickets, Punter particularly. Much of the fight may go if he falls early
  16. Sports_Fanatic

Sports_Fanatic New Member

Waited to see how today started and the weather, but have just backed S.Africa at 4/6. Not high odds but with Ponting now gone I feel S.Africa have the fire power to wrap up the tail.