1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Spain 2-4 February

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by rcgills, Mar 1, 2013.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Osasuna tb Bilbao @ 2.25

Osasuna look a decent price for this one. 10pts from a possible 12 in their last 4 home games (and only 1 goal conceded), which have come against 3 of the bottom 4, plus Real Madrid.

Bilbao having a terrible season, down in 16th place (2 below Osasuna), and on a run of 6 defeats in their last 9.
  2. HastGill1

HastGill1 Member

Osasuna seem to be a pretty popular choice this weekend, Bilbao's opposition seem to be a big price every weekend and I always kick myself for not taking them..

Bilbao are going to win 4-0 now aren't they! :frown
  3. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Real @ 3.1 on betfair to beat Barcelona looks a good price after last Tuesdays copa del rey game.

Had a quick 0.1 unit stake on 5-0 at bet 365 @ 151.00 as well (bearing in mind Jose lost 5-0 in his first classico game)
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Knowing my luck, yes, probably.

Was tempted on Real Madrid too Colbro, but I just think that their game against Man Utd in the week is much more important to them than this one (as indeed was their game against Barcelona last week). Obviously they're going to take it seriously, as they would any game against Barcelona, but the league's dead and buried. They've only got two shots left at a trophy this season, and I seem to recall reading that this game is being played at the time it is (4pm Spanish time) at Real Madrid's request, to give them as much time as possible to prepare for United. That kick-off slot is normally the graveyard slot (I've not got stats to hand, but I'd be amazed if either Madrid or Barcelona have ever played at that time in the last 3 or 4 seasons - a look at the past few weeks shows it's been Mallorca v Getafe, Getafe v Celta, Mallorca v Osasuna, Osasuna v Celta, Celta v Real Sociedad - you get the idea) - for them to specifically request playing a Clasico at this time strikes me as a pretty clear indication of the importance (or lack of it) they're attaching to the game.

If it weren't for the Copa del Rey win for Madrid in the week, I'd have said both sides would probably take the draw. As it is, I'd probably just give the edge to Barcelona (although I wouldn't touch them at the prices on offer), if only for their desire to restore a little lost pride. Madrid know they've already given a clear demonstration of their abilities in the match that really counted against Barcelona last week. They won't want to lose here, but I suspect that deep down they won't really be all that fussed if they do.
  5. HastGill1

HastGill1 Member

I usually have a big fancy in the Clasico, but have to say with the midweek game this is difficult to predict. Barca have been poor lately and although you would think they will come back with a bang at some point they haven't really looked like creating much against Milan, Sevilla or Real recently..probably one to watch rather than bet on, Real are sure to rest players and in the grand scheme of things this match means little..
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Think the absence of Tito Vilanova is playing a part in their recent poor form. He's away for a while yet though, until April I think.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Osasuna it is 7/5 with Billy Hills