1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Spain 26-29 August

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by rcgills, Aug 25, 2011.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

The strike that prevented the season starting last weekend has now been called off, so the season gets underway this weekend :beer

New schedule this season means that should you wish, you'll be able to watch all bar one of the games live, as there are only two matches scheduled to clash - there are games on Saturday at 6,8 and 10, Sunday at 12, 4, two at 6, 8 and 10, and Monday at 9.

Couple of early bets that stand out for me for now, both in Monday's game:

Barcelona v Villarreal (DNB) @ 8 1pt
    Both teams to score @ 1.8 4pts
    (both with 888sport)

Villarreal have a decent record at the Camp Nou in recent years, with a win, 2 draws and a loss in their last 4 visits. They've scored 7 times in those four games (and conceded 8). They've got one of the best strike forces in the country in Rossi and Nilmar, and they'll be up against a makeshift Barcelona defence - Puyol and Pique are both out, it's expected Barcelona will be going with Abidal and Mascherano in the centre of defence.

Last year Barcelona dropped 4 points in their opening 3 home games, then nothing else until their last home of the season when they were already confirmed as champions. This is arguably as good a time as you could possibly want to play Barcelona, and with the weakened defence I fancy Villarreal to at the very least give Barça a scare.

Also got an eye on Granada to beat Betis and Malaga to win in Sevilla, but will leave those until nearer the time. And while I don't really like short-priced favourites this early in the season, Bilbao to beat Rayo Vallecano is tempting me too.

Not had a chance to really look at the Segunda properly yet, but at first glance Alcoyano, Huelva, Huesca and Murcia look like they may be overpriced.
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

With a schedule like that, Yorkie's fucked.....
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I think Yorkie's fucked anyway Swoop, couch potato heaven schedule or not.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

He'll be really fucked if Winrew posts where he sent those tickets to :eek:
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Welcome back to the grindstone Senor Gills.

Layed Barca

Backed Grenada

Layed Sevilla

Left the odds on home banker alone. If the Spanish league is like any other, it will be very difficult to predict early doors and odds on is not for me.
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Muchas gracias, señor.

Bit keen though, aren't you? I only said I had an eye on Granada and Malaga, I've not really had a chance to look into anything in much detail though, that's nothing more than a gut feeling at the moment.

Mind you, if Sevilla play anything like they did tonight you'll be safe laying them, they were fucking terrible from what I saw of them in the 2nd half.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck for the season Rc, i'll be in to follow you on a few :thumb

Fabregas likely to play? 17/10 anytime scorer?
  8. traeth

traeth Moderator

good luck for the season rc , agree with your logic and value but can't get myself to oppose barca , even though you know better than me

I reckon he'll come up with a system before the next set of fixtures
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Cheers Punter and Traeth :thumb

Punter, not sure whether or not Fabregas will start, in any case Barcelona have still got tonight's European Super Cup to play before they play Villarreal so what happens tonight may affect the lineup they choose for Monday. Having said that, don't think I could ever back Fabregas as an anytime scorer at 17/10. Bar one season a couple of years back, he's never really been a particularly prolific scorer. Now he's in a Barcelona team with such prolific strikers (much more so than when he was at Arsenal) as Messi and Villa, I'd be amazed if he averaged a goal every 2.7 games which that price suggests he should. I reckon 5 or 6 goals for the season would be a decent enough return for him if he plays regularly.

I'd say Iniesta and Xavi are just as likely to score as Fabregas, and yet they're priced at 3.6 and 4.6 respectively.

Good luck if you back Fabregas, but there's no value at all in the price in my opinion.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

I wouldn't normally bother backing him but it's his home league debut, i just get a feeling that his team mates will be trying to assist him with one. As you say though it's no special price is it. Binned.
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Has Yorkie got Punters sign in? :unsure
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

I dont understand Swoop' :unsure
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Just a joke that you thought that price on Fabregas was worth a bet. In a bad mood, ignore me, everyone else will :D
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Phew! It's ok Swoop' i can handle being pulled up for picking a bad value bet :)
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Are the Segunda matches on? Oddschecker has them all down as postponed
  16. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Yeah, they're definitely on Punter, one of them was played tonight.

I see Cesc scored for Barcelona :embarassed
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yeah Cesc scoring, that did make me smile...for about 3 seconds.

What are your thoughts on Almeria's chances of going back up? I might follow them a bit?
  18. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Not really had a chance to look into anything much in Segunda this pre-season to be honest, Punter.

My gut feeling is that Almeria will probably be up there, Elche, Valladolid and Celta too. Deportivo I think were favourites, they may well get back up but I wouldn't be rushing to back them. Reckon Murcia could be decent dark horses too.

As I say though, that's all just my gut instinct, not really based on any detailed knowledge of the teams, signings, etc.
    Punter likes this.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Where the fucking hell have Malaga bought their strikers from? The fucking blind school of Madrid? I know I'm talking through my pocket but they get bodies in the box and every time the ball comes in some fucker trips over it!

Useless cunts. Even old donkey head looks like he's never seen a spherical object before in his life.

Remind me never to back this sack of shit again.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The only thing that's annoying me more than their inept performance is the cunt who's co-commentating. Who the fuck is he? He sounds like Gene Hunt or some fucking extra from Lock Stock and two smoking cunting barrels.

"They really should have been level from six yards out"

HE WAS OFFSIDE YOU CUNT!

Wanker!