1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Spain 3-4 September

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by rcgills, Sep 3, 2011.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Just a couple of quick ones today, some of the goal markets look rather generously priced to me:

Almeria to score 2+ v Girona @ 2.05 (Sporting Bet) 3pts

Girona's defence according to reports was pretty shambolic last week, when they conceded 4 at home to Elche. Almeria one of the favourites to go up, would expect them to be too good for Girona here, and certainly wouldn't expect 2 goals to be beyond them.

Elche v Murcia over 2.5 @ 2.48 (Betfair) 2pts

Elche as already mentioned started off with a 4-1 win at Girona last week. Murcia were beaten 1-3 at home by Celta, no shame in that, Celta are one of the favourites for promotion, and reports suggest Murcia were the better team for much of the first half, created chances but for the most part were unable to take them.

If they're in the mood, Elche are capable of bringing the overs in by themselves, but I don't think they'll need to. I wouldn't put anyone off the both teams to score option at 2.2 (Bet365) either.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Backed the overs and backed Almeria to beat Girona at 3/4 stan james.

Cheers RC.
  3. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I didnt know you could bet on a team to score 2 goals-thats an interesting bet as there would be many hedgable situations.
    Only fly in the soup re the Almeria bet,is that you can be sure that Girona will have been concentrating nearly all their training this past week on sorting out their defence....
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Bit of a sickener for you there, ODM. Almeria 2-0 up at HT, Girona down to 10 men, and Girona end up getting a 93rd minute equaliser :unsure
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Lay Real Madrid B v Albacete @ evens (Betfair) liability 2pts

Worth opposing Real Madrid B here in my opinion. Two of the favourites for promotion, Real Madrid B having made the playoffs last season, while Albacete came down from Segunda. Both sides have got 2 wins from their opening 2 games. Madrid B are missing a few players on international duty, and while home advantage means they have to be slight favourites, I'm more than happy to get evens on the double chance for Albacete.

Kick off in 30 minutes.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

that's my life I'm afraid mate. When I tell u I also backed Scotland
    you will have some idea of what sort of day I had.

oh well
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Chin up mate, only a matter of time until things pick up again.

Anyway, look on the bright side, at least you missed this Albacete bet. Madrid B 1-0 up since the 4th minute, although having said that I've not given up hope yet, watching the game here and Albacete have probably been the better side since the goal. In play at a few places including Betfair and Bet365 if you fancy following/jinxing.
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Albacete equalised with a penalty in the 2nd half and it finished 1-1.

One last bet for the weekend:

Recreativo v Celta Vigo over 2.5 goals @ 2.58 (Betfair) 2pts

Price looks rather generous here to me. Presumably the unders are such a clear favourite based partly on Recreativo's form of last season, where their home games were generally fairly tight affairs, with Recreativo also having the best home defence and the best overall defence in the division. However, they've had to change nearly their entire defence from last season, so it remains to be seen whether the new players will be as solid at the back.

Celta are a very strong side, high scorers, especially away from home where they managed 32 in 19 away games last season. They've continued along similar lines at the start of this season, with a 1-3 win away to Murcia last week - wouldn't expect there to be too many teams that score 3 away to Murcia this season.

For what it's worth, this fixture is one which tends to produce goals - 13 previous meetings have seen 42 goals, with 10 games going overs, including 7 of the last 8 (the only one of those 8 not to go overs was last season's 1-1 draw).

Reckon there's enough in this bet's favour that it's worth a shot at that kind of price.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well done with that one mate. 87th minute goal delivers the goods:thumb
  10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Cheers mate, never in doubt :lookaround

Love that feeling when you've virtually given up on an overs bet, only to suddenly hear that "ping" that futbol24.com gives when there's a goal in one of the games you're following :yahoo