1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Spain betting 10-12 September

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by rcgills, Sep 10, 2011.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Valencia v Atletico Madrid both sides to score @ 1.727 (Bet365) 2pts

Plenty of attacking talent on both sides here, Soldado for Valencia hit a hat-trick in the opening week, while Falcao should be making his debut up front for Atletico, as his transfer wasn't completed in time for Atletico's opening 0-0 draw with Osasuna.

Last 7 meetings between the sides in Valencia have seen both sides score.

Real Sociedad tb Barcelona @ 19.5 (Betfair) 0.5pts

Yes, I know, it's Barcelona. Yes, I know, it's probably money down the drain. But they're human, FFS, surely no home team should ever be 19.5 against another team in their division? Especially if they just so happened to win the corresponding fixture 2-1 last year. Especially when, as much of the Madrid press quite likes pointing out, Barcelona do tend to suffer from the "FIFA virus". Of the last 39 points available on matchdays immediately after an international break (over the past 3 seasons), Barcelona have "only" managed 23. The equivalent matchday last season saw them beaten at home 0-2 by Hercules.

They may well batter Sociedad, but there's too many question marks there for me to ignore that price on the home side.

More in a while for Segunda
  2. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Lay Alcorcon v Villarreal B @ 1.92 (Betfair) liability 2pts

Price a bit too big here on Villarreal B in my opinion. They've had an impressive win away to Barcelona B 0-2, and then lost at home to Sabadell 3-4 in a topsy-turvy match. Have seen large parts of both of Alcorcon's games so far - they were fairly poor against Xerez in the first game (lost 0-1), then pretty good away to Huesca (won 0-3), although Huesca were very poor too.

No major absentees on either side, and I see no reason why Villarreal shouldn't be capable of getting at least a point here.

Sabadell tb Cartagena @ 2.2 (Betfair) 2pts

Sabadell have made a great start to life in Segunda, winning both games, home to Huesca and away to Villarreal B. Cartagena are off to a dreadful start, losing both games away to Hercules and home to Barcelona B, conceding 6 and scoring 0. They're also missing 6 players, two of them suspended for red cards against Barcelona B, and the other 4 injured (although all of them are recent injuries, and all of them have already played some part this season).
  3. winrew

winrew GILF

Barca match 2-2 with ten minutes to go...
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Two winners in Segunda, two losers in Primera (although Real Sociedad did run Barcelona very close).

For tomorrow:

Valladolid to score 2+ v Girona @ 2.5 (Sporting Odds) 3pts
    Valladolid to score 3+ v Girona @ 6 (Bet365) 1pt
    Valladolid to score 4+ v Girona @ 17 (Bet365) 0.5pts

Girona have conceded 11 goals in 3 games so far this season (4-1 loss at home to Elche, 2-2 draw away to Almeria, and a 5-1 loss away to Deportivo). Valladolid have scored 11 goals so far this season (beat Nastic 3-0 away in the league and 6-0 at home in the cup, and also won 2-0 at home to Cordoba.

Midfielder Marquitos the only regular starter so far to be missing for Valladolid, but Girona have bigger problems, missing three centre backs (two of them first choice).

Celta v Elche over 2.5 goals @ 2.34 (Betfair) 2pts

Price looks too big on this one IMO. Both sides fairly consistent scorers, and like to play attacking football given the chance, so will hope for an open game here. Curiously, 4 of the last 5 meetings between these two sides in Vigo have finished 2-2 (with the other finishing 2-1).
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Thanks a lot for yesterday mate. Made a tidy profit (laying Barca at 5/1 rather than backing them to lose:thumb) but I don't understand today's bets. If you're confident of Vallodolid to score a shit load of goals, why aren't you backing them at 6/4 which is a tasty enough price?
  6. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

I'll take Valladolid @ 2.5 bet365 - cheers love.
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I wouldn't say I'm confident of them scoring a shit load (unless you consider 2 a shit load), but I think they're worth a shot at the prices. As for not backing Valladolid to win, it's for much the same reason that I backed Almeria to score 2 goals against Girona last week rather than Almeria to win (seeing as Girona fought back from 2-0 down with 10 men to get a 2-2 draw). I suspect Valladolid may need to score 2 if they're going to win this one (Girona have scored in every game so far), so with both Valladolid to win and Valladolid to score twice at the same price (6/4), I'd rather be on them to score twice and have cover against the possibility of a 2-2 draw (or even a high-scoring defeat), I'd see that as a more likely outcome than a 1-0 win for Valladolid.

Good luck to you both on the Valladolid win, fingers crossed for a 4-0/4-1/4-2/4-3 win and we'll all be happy :crossfingers

Oh, and who's changed my avatar again? Mickey? :roll
  8. MickeyPaul

I changed it this time, gillsy, sorry. It was only because you had a lot of posts in the sidebar and the bull one looked horrible on there. :lol You do know you can choose your own?
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I did, I chose the bull one :lol Someone had set it as a matador before that.
  10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

By the way, the fact you find a picture of a charging bull "horrible" but not ODM's avatar (whatever it is exactly) worries me slightly, Mickey :lol
  11. MickeyPaul

Nooooo. Sorry, gillsy. I thought Slick put that bull one on. It wasn't the bull itself just the wee thumbnail looked like a dark block and because I thought it was Slick that put it on I changed it. :embarassed Just change it back and sorry for the inconvenience.
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No worries Mickey, I don't normally bother with avatars anyway, I only added the bull because I thought the matador looked horrible (I always support the bull in bull fights :lookaround). I like Manuel, he can stay.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I think he's the tit who put it there RC. Rather than finding it disturbing, Mickey actually masturbates to it whilst rubbing a cheese grater down his testes.
  14. MickeyPaul

You've had that avatar since before I'd started using this forum, ODM. I'd actually assumed you put it there yourself.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Slick it is then.
  16. MickeyPaul

I do wank to it though. You were right about that.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Ah good. I don't like being completely incorrect.
  18. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Can see Levante surprising Racing at 3.6 [Stan James]
  19. fc basher

fc basher Member

My bets
    Valladolid 6/4 betfair 5pts
    Valladolid 3-0 4-0 3-1 4-1, 0.5pts odds 26/81/21/67 Ladbrokes
    Valladolid 4.50 HT/FT 2pts Ladbrokes
  20. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Wouldn't rule it out myself TopDog. I've backed Santander to go down this season, but have to say I was fairly impressed with how they played at Valencia 2 weeks ago. Going to hold fire on them for now myself, but it certainly looks a decent shout.