1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Spain betting 4-7 November

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by rcgills, Nov 4, 2011.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Now I'm not normally one to get all paranoid regarding these kind of games after a losing bet, but Christ almighty, the penalty that Girona got given in that match has got to be one of the worst penalty decisions I've seen in a long time.

http://www.marca.com/2011/11/05/futbol/2adivision/1320521825.html - down the right-hand side there's a video with highlights of the game, fast forward to around 2:40.

Not that it really matters in terms of the bet, if Hercules can't score then they can't win so the bet would still have lost even without the penalty. But for Hercules to be mysteriously drifting throughout the day and for Girona to get a soft penalty like that with 10 minutes left looks more than a little suspicious to me.
  2. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

:lol Swoops.

Can't access that video rc??? From what you're saying though things look a little 'strange' don't they. Having said that, I don't tend to get too concerned about stuff like this (from a gambling perspective anyway). If there is anything wrong with the game (and it's unlikely there is), there's bugger all I can do about it so just take it on the chin and move on. All part of the sports gambling process unfortunately isn't it (not teaching you how to suck eggs by the way).

Anyway, I recovered my lost lump on an over 2.5 goals bet on a Chilean Div 1 game last night (now that is a market I've had some success with!). Fuck me, I'm turning into Yorkie. :lol
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Not sure what's up with the video then, maybe only works if you're in Spain?

I'm not too concerned about it, as I said, it's not like the penalty was the difference between the bet winning and losing, at 0-0 the bet would still have lost. Definitely a dodgy pen though, 2 players running into the box shoulder to shoulder, when suddenly the Girona player goes flying without the defender even seeming to lean on him, never mind push him hard enough to send him flying the way he did.

Glad to hear you're not teaching me to suck eggs too, bearing in mind what the Spanish use their word for eggs as slang for :lol
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Fuck :angry

Was gonna lay Barcelona & they drew 2-2....& fucking forgot :cry

The RFO tipped it, well they actually tipped the Atletico win, & I was gonna follow that :banghead

You didnt think I was gonna after event picking it myself did you? On my run? Dont be daft :unsure
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well while we're after-eventing, I laid the correct score at 2-1 with less than ten minutes to go.

Go me:dance

but it's only because I'm on Madrid for the title. You may (but more probably will not) remember that I've skilfully managed to pick the loser of this two horse race for the last six or seven years on the bounce and was fully expecting to be in second place again at the end of today.
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I can after event lots more losers than you, Sir, I will have you know :grr

C'mon SriLanka!!

See, theres another
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Atletico haven't even finished yet, and they're losing to 10 men.

Posting in this thread before KO is a jinx, I'll have you know. Can't pick a winner to save my life in here, yet overall I've just had my best week of the season so far :unsure

And yes, I also had a winning bet in this match, although I'm not (quite) shamless enough to mention it in here.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I think you just have:lol
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Well obviously I meant mention the actual bet, not the fact of having a winner :lol
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

:unsure what you on about, Atletico Bilbao drew 2-2 with Barca about 3 hours ago....Atletico Madrid are losing to Getafe :unsure

You been drinking again, RC :eek:
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Ignore me, I'm just being pedantic, but it's Athletic Bilbao, not Atletico.
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Well fine, but Bilbao played Barca, not fucking Madrid :lol
  13. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

ODM, funny you should say that about hijacking Topdog's thread - I only saw that post as I was on my way over to this thread as I was feeling guilty about posting a reply to your first message and hijacking Punter's horse racing thread. If that makes sense :thinking

Anyway, let's just say I wouldn't try to put you off Murcia.

Although I should point out I also have a vested interest in Murcia as I've backed them for promotion, as per my Spanish season bets thread http://betnod.com/threads/spanish-season-2011-2012.138/
  14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Oh, and welcome to Betnod too Fayeokay. If you're losing too, you've come to the right thread. We can't help you stop losing, but it's always good to be among like-minded people :cry
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Yup, and we do a new thread every week so no one can tell how much we're losing :unsure
  16. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Speak for yourself and Yorkie, Swoop (I know you two are on the same wavelength now after your 6 draws bet at the weekend). Me and LMC Tipster have got our season-long threads up for all to see. Fat lot of good it's doing us too :lol
  17. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Is that you in the photo Faye?

Have you met Komp?