1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Spanish football 11-14 January

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by rcgills, Jan 10, 2013.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Couple of speculative long shots this weekend that look overpriced to me. Prices are the ones I've taken at the local bookies, even better prices available online though.

Bilbao v Rayo Vallecano @ 4.0

Can only think this one's priced on Bilbao's reputation over the past couple of seasons, rather than their form this season. Plenty of problems at the club (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/oct/29/athletic-bilbao-surreal-crisis-silence), not least the loss of arguably their two best players, Javi Martinez (to Bayern Munich) and Fernando Llorente (who wants to leave, hasn't yet but has been frozen out, starting just one game all season).

Bilbao are 14th, Rayo are 7pts above them in 7th place (and just 3pts off the Champions League places). Rayo have already won away this season against the likes of Malaga (4th), Betis (5th) and Valencia (8th). Bilbao 4-2-3 at home this season, with defeats against Betis, Zaragoza and Getafe.

No idea why Bilbao should be odds-on favourites for this, but that's what they are with most bookies :thinking

Cordoba v Numancia @ 3.0

12th v 9th, only 1pt between them, but Cordoba in pretty dodgy form of late. They won 5 of their first 6 homes this season, only losing to runaway leaders Elche, but since then they've taken just 2pts (and scored just 2 goals) from their last 4 homes against the teams in 10th, 15th, 16th and 22nd (bottom).

Numancia's away form is nothing too special, 2-4-4, but they have been in decent form of late with 4 wins in their last 6, and scoring pretty freely away from home (11 in their last 4). Admittedly they've also conceded 11 in those last 4 aways, but with Cordoba struggling for goals lately, I'd fancy Numancia to take this if they can nick a couple of goals.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good info RC, i'll think about what bet to do with these two over the next 24 hrs :thumb
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I'd make it the next 23 hours if I were you, the Bilbao v Rayo game is an 8.30 kick-off (UK time) tomorrow :wink
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Ha. Thanks, i'll do it now, in a minute, as they say in Wales.
  5. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

clap on Rayo.
    rcgills likes this.
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Cheers ThunderCelt. Got a bit lucky really though, the penalty that proved to be the winner should've been a free kick just outside the box, and near the end Llorente missed the kind of chance to equalise that I would've bet my house on him scoring.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one RC, although i picked a pile of crap to go with it on my coupon, i did have Rayo in play before they scored, cheers clap
    rcgills likes this.
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Had a couple of correct score jobbies. 2-2 valencia & 3-0 Madrid.....although I inadvertently put 2-1 Madrid in the double :unsure I blame Betfair for not allowing you to put it in as one bet. Shocking multiple odds as well
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Cheers Punter. Still a chance of a profit on your coupon if Numancia do the business tomorrow.

2-2 not a bad shout for the Valencia game, Swoop, to be honest I'd fancy the 2-1 more than the 3-0 for Madrid though. No Ronaldo for them today, no Sergio Ramos or Pepe either. Something not right at all with Madrid, fans are turning on Mourinho, and looks like he could be losing the players too.

I've actually backed Osasuna in an acca for a bit of interest, had Rayo, Numancia (as above), Osasuna, Sevilla and Murcia in doubles and up.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes RC, i'll be taking a single on the exchange too, i'll go do that now :thumb