1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Spanish football 24-27 May

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by rcgills, May 24, 2012.

1. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Which other betting forum would have references to Enrico Caruso and the King of the Franks in 2 different threads by 2 different people on a Sunday morning/early afternoon!?
  2. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

So could either ODM or Hotspur tell me what we are discussing here - because I am confused :thinking

A brief read of this thread shows Me saying 4 great years of football from Barca, Yorkie saying second half of the game was boring and then me saying - to Yorkie - enjoy moments of football genius while they last because they are often very short.

I then mention The Milan team of the early nineties - as they were the best club team prior to this Barca team and then Pele Maradona, Ronaldinho and Zidane as they were the greatest players prior to some in this Barcelona team. In my opinion of course.

With the possible execption of Pele the one thing in common was the period at the top was relatively short we need to enjoy them while we can. A point you are no doubt familiar with ODM but my original post was to Yorkie.

Anyway - for what it's worth the reason I said 1-2 seasons was because there was no doubt that between 1986 -1988 Maradona was the most influential player in the world. What is debatable is who had the greater influence on their teams in say 1985 - Platini at Juventus or Maradona. Also who had the greater influence in 1989 - Gullit at Milan (who were winning the European Cup) or Maradona. However between 1986-1988 The influence Maradona had was such that he is considered one the greatest of all time and is the reason I put him in the original list (with three others) and something I thought most sensible people would have realised. (Where's the "touche " emoticon button gone - I'll have to settle for this :hatsoff)

Anyway if my one to two seasons could be corrected to the right number by someone and we agree Maradona was one of the best ever (my original point) then we can be one big happy family again and I can go have another :beer
  3. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Do you mind me asking how old you are Hotspur?

No probs if you don't wish to answer but I would guess you are early to mid twenties. The reason I say this is it is because you are coming across as someone who thinks about things to much and often overlook or miss the simple things which are usually the right answer. Just curios
  4. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I'm just curios Yorkie but have you seen this goal before. I don't wish to sound patronising but I am just curios as th how the influence of television has changes through the years.

5. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

While I'm on a roll this is quite good from a player most people consider to be no good

6. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Ive never seen that goal no bloody good goal though
  7. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Cheers Yorkie - It's just interesting that prior to 1982 for us oldsters all we saw was basically two games a year plus world cups.

after 1990 we started to see more games to the point we are now at of 10-12 games each weekend.

Pele was prior to all mass saturation and Maradona too to a certain extent in the UK

Nobody now would put George Weah as an all time great but for a few years he was a tremendous talent. Never did it at a world cup though (or even at Man City)
  8. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

This was quite a good goal too

although this was the best of all time :zhail The passing - the build up - the movement and the precise finish

enjoy :beer
  9. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Blimey,this post brought a smile to my face.

No I dont mind you asking my age-since Ive mentioned having to care for mother,Ive already indicated it-I was born in the 60s-early 60s.

Which means of course your guess was wrong.wayne also made that assumption.

As far as your comment about missing the obvious is concerned,how does that apply to your post on Maradona!!!??
    Presumably nothing?

Heres the big problem with your conclusion:
    for you to believe I miss obvious things,you yourself must believe something is both obvious AND true.

Having decided that something is both obvious and true,you then base all other conclusions on that "fact".

Problem is,of course,that just cos you believe something is true and obvious dont mean it is.

In conclusion-I totally refute the suggestion that I often miss things that are obvious-on the contrary,I firmly believe that most people settle for the obvious answer...and,because its "obvious",they dont think much else about it-thus its they who are often wrong.(Indeed,I do believe that this is a well known theory/fact among um psychologists and academics etc)

Please can you tell me what OBVIOUS things I have missed on here?

The only one I am aware of is LMC tipster.

Presumably its obvious to everyone that he has NOT won 5 years in a row as he claims.
    Well that is indeed the obvious answer but it doesnt explain a couple of things and it also ignores the following:

Every year a large number of men(who are not pros) bet on football hoping to make a profit.
    IF this figure is 2 million then,even allowing for 4 way accas,after 5 years a number of those men WILL have made a profit for no other reason than pure luck.
    I believe the number could be in the hundreds...but lets say 60.

How do you know Colbro that LMC isnt one of those 60?

Of course you dont know-instead what people do is,the ignore other such possibilities, and then blithely tell people like me that Im wrong.

Take capital punishment-I have a feeling that,in certain circumstances,you,Colbro,would be for it?

Yet,Id bet you dont even know all the arguments against it.
    I do know the arguments and thus I am against.
    Same goes for MPs-they know ALL the arguments,thats why they vote against.

I cant wait for the obvious things that Ive missed-is one of them to do with Wayne being related to rcgills?:):unsure
  10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

He disowned me when I refused to follow Man Utd like him. He always did like my brother Yorkie more than me :cry
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

If it's any consolation I've always had you down as an old cunt.

:thumb
  12. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

dont need any consolation Seen,I love being middle-aged/"old"
  13. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

The reason I asked your age was because of this post and your reference to Nelson Mandela. Mandela is best known for leading a poltical party that managed to overthrow a non democratically elected government and restore elections in a country where people had not had the right to vote for many years.

I found your reference to Mandela strange as in another thread you advocated that people who vote are "really dumb".