1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Steve Clarke sacked by West Brom

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Kegman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I know they've hit a bad run but I think this is a mistake. He's only been there for about 18 months.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Dickheads
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Round here it's all the 'yeah you could see it coming'.....could you fuck!!
    i was looking for prices last night to see what big Sam was to go next & all the markets were down so I thought something was going on, but I agree it's a massive mistake. He leaves with his reputation enhanced if you ask me. Could well have been a row as Albion aren't a sacking club but he did well last season & was never going to repeat that.
    Position wise it's very similar to Lambert & he's safe as houses. Ideas above their station
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'm waiting on someone coming back to me who I can't name on here, & he's checking on the details of Jol's severance package. if he's free to sign up you'd have to think 6/1's a good price
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

still waiting, but a couple of thoughts:
    Albion are a more predictable club than most, & have the backroom set up, needing just a head coach. It can't be a long list when a previously sacked manager is 2nd favourite. a lot of people can't see Jol, but i can with the timing, & he's played there, although that might mean diddley squat.
    There's a bit of talk about mike Phelan, & he'd fit. Also played there. He was apparently close when Clarke was appointed but was still at Man Utd then. I think it's between the 2, & Phelan's 25/1. Only problem is it's the same appointment as Clarke, who has been sacked. I'll come back
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

To get rid of Clarke and hire either Jol or Phelan would be absolute madness in my view. One recently sacked for being shit and one who's, as far as I know, never managed any fucker never mind a Premiership club.

De Matteo would be a good choice for me. Solksjaer (can never spell his name) is linked to every vacancy that comes up (even the United one would you believe:lol) so I'll be glad when the little shit actually gets a job so we can see what he's like in a proper league
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

According to Paddy Power Phelan has managed before ODM :lol...

[​IMG]

No chance will he be baggies boss.

I wouldn't wait too long for that report Swoop, there's only Corals offering 6/1 now, Skybet are as short as 2/1. I took some 6/1 as like you I think 6/1 is a good price.

I'm of the opinion they already had their man, probably the last week or two, and were just waiting for Clarke to lose another game.
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'm on Jol & Phelan :)
  9. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I will point out, again mind you, that Steve Clarke had never managed any fucker either....
  10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Maybe not, but when he was appointed Hodgson had just taken them to a top 10 finish, they weren't in a relegation scrap, there's a lot more pressure for the new manager to hit the ground running this time.
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Fair point, but they had a top 10 finish under him last season as well....
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

What do I care!! I'm on both!! Lot of talk round here about Big 'Eck....not from Albion fans though....
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

AVB has gone. Welcome to the merry-go-round
  14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Punter likes this.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

The real victim here is whoever AVB had in the Secret Santa.

I've just taken Klinsmann @ 20 for the job.
  16. winrew

winrew GILF

And Zola has just resigned ...
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one Win's, just took 8/1 for the West Brom job and 20/1 for Spurs, for small cover.
  18. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Where is he going then ? Been tapped by someone
  19. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Zola 4/1 fav for wba
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

You can still get 8/1, Bet Vic