1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Strictly Come Dancing 2011

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by stereoman, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

That's a bit unfair stereoman. Chelsee has made it on her own merits,has topped the leader board more weeks than I can remember,and has even won over Craig Revel Horwood..
  2. stereoman

stereoman Member

Yesterday afternoon's Bettingzone Update:

1745: It's the final of Strictly Come Dancing tomorrow night and Harry Judd is the hot favourite for victory.

The McFly star is best of 1/3 with several bookmakers while his main rival looks set to be Chelsee Healey at 3/1, with Jason Donovan out at 22/1.

William Hill are expecting a record turnover in what has been a record year and spokesman Rupert Adams said: "All three have the dancing ability to win this but the ultra competitive Jason has shot himself in the foot and the odds suggest it is between Chelsee and Harry."

Zone comment: We're keeping our fingers crossed that Chelsee can spring a surprise having tipped her at the beginning at 16/1. Anyone who followed our advice at the time might be tempted to back a Harry-Chelsee straight forecast at 1/2 to hopefully ensure some profits although we're happy to let the bet ride. She's a popular character who the viewers clearly adore and victory would cap off a fantastic journey.

=============

Odds from Ladbrokes:

To win outright:

Harry Judd 3/10
    Chelsee Healey 11/4
    Jason Donovan 16/1

Finishing order:

1st Harry 2nd Chelsee 1/2
    1st Chelsee 2nd Harry 7/2
    1st Harry 2nd Jason 13/2
    1st Jason 2nd Harry 20/1
    1st Chelsee 2nd Jason 25/1
    1st Jason 2nd Chelsee 50/1

Odds from William Hill:

To Score A Perfect 40 on either of the following Dances

Harry (American Smooth or Quickstep) 8/15
    Chelsee (Jive or Rumba) 4/6
    Jason (Salsa & Tango) 11/10

Craig stands in Harry's way in terms of whether he gets a 40 or not. I assume Craig's got a bet on Chelsee. The 4/6 isn't brilliant odds but if they're going to keep this as a contest right up until Bruce announces who the winner is then she will get a 40.
  3. Steve_uk

How do we possibly judge the contest this year? We have Jason who set the standard in the earlier rounds and who is coming back into contention with a perfect 40 score last week,we have Lancashire lass Chelsee Healey on her own turf,then there's Harry Judd whom we know has suffered from nerves in the past and must be feeling the tension. As far as the judges are concerned if the performances were level you might just get Craig favouring Jason with the Australian connection,though he has eulogized Chelsee recently,Alesha was the first to give Harry a 10 which was controversial at the time,and I think she would place him first given half the chance,Bruno being a Latino prefers Chelsee's lines and artistry,and Head judge Len came late to Harry,giving him 10s in the past couple of weeks.

I'm assuming that there are two dances to perform again this week which favours the younger dancers,but I wouldn't expect much if any variation in the judges' scores for all three contenders. It's down to British televoters to decide the destination of the Glitterball Trophy,but here again there is a problem as Jason the Australian is ahead in the personality stakes there..
  4. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Job done - didn't really seem in too much doubt once Donovan hit the skids.
  5. stereoman

stereoman Member

A gift for the producers wanting to make some sneaky cash courtesy of today's Bettingzone Market News:

1425: Chris Evans has claimed he would be more than happy to try his hand on next year’s Strictly Come Dancing and William Hill have shortened his odds to take part.

Initially offered as a relative outside chance at 20/1, he has been cut to 8/1 to don the sequins and slippers in 2012.
    If he does take part, Hills think he would have an outside chance of winning the show and offer 14/1 that he does so (the same odds that were available for Robbie Savage and Chelsee Healey this year).

“Chris Evans would be almost certain to get through the tricky first few weeks on the back of his huge fan base and if he manages to do that, he could well find his feet and end up taking the Strictly Glitterball home”, said Hill’s spokesman Joe Crilly.

Who will take part in Strictly 2012: 3/1 Tom Fletcher; 5/1 Vernon Kay; 6/1 Michael Portillo; 6/1 Richard Madeley; 6/1 Katherine Kelly; 8/1 Kelly Brook; 8/1 Chris Evans; 8/1 Ricky Hatton; 8/1 Josh Lewsey; 8/1 Kian Egan; 8/1 Miranda Hart; 10/1 Peter Mandelson; 10/1 Clare Balding; 10/1 Shane Filan; 10/1 Ruth Jones; 10/1 Judy Finnigan; 12/1 Mark Feehily; 12/1 Nicky Byrne; 12/1 David Haye; 12/1 John Parrot; 14/1 Fern Britton; 14/1 Julia Bradbury; 16/1 BAR.
  6. Steve_uk

Does stereoman know yet..the Christmas special edition of Strictly has been won by the BBC employee,Charlie Brooks..
  7. stereoman

stereoman Member

Hello there.
  8. Steve_uk

Yes,with another BBC employee of sorts,Debra Stephenson taking second. Of all the impressions she does she looks most like Cyd Charisse..
  9. stereoman

stereoman Member

Hmmm. Alesha's defected over to ITV to be a judge on 'Britain's Got Talent'.

William Hill are betting on who'll replace her:

To Replace Alesha Dixon As A Judge On Strictly Come Dancing: 4/6 KAREN HARDY, 6/1 DARCEY BUSSELL, 8/1 JENNIFER GREY, 8/1 JILL HALFPENNY, 10/1 ERIN BOAG, 12/1 KARA TOINTON, 16/1 RUSSELL GRANT, 33/1 ARLENE PHILLIPS, 33/1 NANCY DELL'OLIO....others on request.

http://news.williamhill.com/en/a/st...ene?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
  10. stereoman

stereoman Member

Yesterday's Bettingzone Market News:

1410: Staying on the novelty theme, former BBC Breakfast presenter Sian Williams looks set to start as part of the Strictly Come Dancing line-up and William Hill make her a 9/1 shot to go on and win it. The odds suggest that winter Olympics gold medallist Amy Williams will do well and she is offered at 7/1 to win while Michael Vaughan is a 10/1 shot and Fern Britton the 16/1 outsider.

"Sian will be very popular as many of the BBC breakfast viewers will also be fans of Strictly but Amy is an amazing sportswoman and she is where my money would go," said Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.

============

I've sworn off betting on this bollocks but there'll probably be a 'ringer'.
  11. Steve_uk

They can't have the BBC employee(Charlie Brooks I mean) winning again,surely..Sian would be 48 if she reached the final;this is a young person's competition-with the exception of legendary Bruce Forsyth- and after 12 weeks the strain takes its toll.
  12. Steve_uk

Am I jumping the gun..is it too much to ask for a new thread entitled Strictly Come Dancing 2012..any new information for this series welcome..
  13. Steve_uk

The 10th series of Strictly Come Dancing will start on Saturday 15th September,and whilst I wait for a new thread on this show it looks to be a similar format to last year with new judge ex-ballerina Darcy Bussell and the usual generic categories of contestant:e.g. the BBC employee,the Eastenders soap star,the smart political retiree,the Aussie glamourpuss,the male ethnic minority with a six-pak,the female ethnic minority from North America,the dim girl band member,the dim boy band member,the fading starlet,the podgy cook,the has-been Olympian,the has-been footballer,rugby player or cricketer,the celebrity promoted over their station,the celebrity of ambiguous sexuality,the enigmatic Continental,the boring old fart..

From the above I note Kimberley Walsh from Girls Aloud has entered,and without knowing her dancing credentials I can see her going as far as Holly Valance last year,so a possible semi-finalist.

Sir Steven Redgrave I don't see as much of a threat. He's too big and cumbersome,and probably clumsy with it.

Victoria Pendleton may surprise;she's certainly got the stamina needed to reach the final.

Great British Bake off judge Paul Hollywood will find this tough going with his paunch,and I don't see him going past the middle rounds.

Ex-Eastenders star Sid Owen,who now runs his own restaurant in France:I can't see it myself,though he should be safe in the earlier rounds.

Fern Britton has the nous but not the body for this competition,and again I don't see her as a potential semi-finalist.

Jerry Hall is the fading starlet,glamorous but at 56 knocking on a bit to get past the Swingathon in the later stages of this competition.

Sian Williams is attempting to follow in the footsteps of fellow Welsh presenter Alex Jones,but she's 13 years older and the pace is bound to take its toll.

Nicky Byrne will be hoping to emulate Harry Judd's success last year and he could well be the dark horse in the competition.

Michael Vaughan should give everyone a run for their money,but his niggling knee injury dictates this is a risky choice.

I'll leave the rest including the odds to Stereoman if he appears..
  14. Steve_uk

Latest news is Ronnie O' Sullivan,Johnny Ball,Chris Evans and three serious contenders Beth Tweddle,Mark Hunter and Charlie Brooks have been linked with the show.
  15. Steve_uk

I may also have missed bob skeleton rider Amy Williams and gymnast Louis Smith,so Olympic athletes abound this year.
  16. stereoman

stereoman Member

Oooh. Will an Olympian prevail!?

I don't think Kimberley Walsh will win (see Emma Bunton and Rachel Stevens) but who will be her competition? I have no idea if Nicky Byrne can dance but 'the x factor' is the Irish vote.

...even though I said I'm not having any more of this, I might be tempted to do the weekly updates.

OT: I haven't bothered with 'The X Factor' ante-post even though we're halfway through the auditions and 'the chosen one' will have already been chosen.
  17. Steve_uk

The median age seems to have dropped this year,and I don't want to teach a duck how to suck eggs but this is a young person's competition with fourteen weeks of gruelling practice ahead,as well as the new dance-off on the Sunday show which will again favour youth. Of course people can take the contest at whatever level they like,and if they want to vote for Johnny Ball who am I to gainsay,but it looks like the Olympians have it,with Charlie Brooks additionally having had the experience and Nicky Byrne also young enough if he gets down to the hard work. A backflip might impress which should favour Beth Tweddle and Louis Smith,but it's an open contest this year with at least six in the running.
  18. stereoman

stereoman Member

One to declare their hand early in that they're taking part is Dani Harmer from 'Tracy Beaker'.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104...rmer-confirmed-for-strictly-come-dancing.html

Early odds from William Hill:

Kimberley Walsh 3/1
    Denise van Outen 7/2
    Louis Smith 4/1
    Nicky Byrne 8/1
    Dani Harmer 10/1
    Jerry Hall 12/1
    Michael Vaughan 12/1
    Victoria Pendleton 12/1
    Richard Arnold 14/1
    Johnny Ball 16/1
    Fern Britton 20/1
    Sid Owen 20/1

Disclaimer: Other contestants will be added. Please note this is NOT a confirmed list, any contestants not taking part, bets on that selection will be void.

If this was the final twelve, the standouts sight unseen imo would be Walsh, van Outen, Smith and Harmer.
  19. Steve_uk

Reading the Daily Mail article it looks as if we have two new arrivals:ex-Emmerdale no-hoper Lisa Riley and Dani Harmer hoping to emulate Chelsee Healey's achievement last year. As for Michael Vaughan following in the footsteps of Darren Gough and Mark Ramprakash,sorry but this competition has moved on from six years ago,with the likes of Louis Smith a potential finalist(has Beth Tweddle withdrawn?)along with Denise Van Outen and Victoria Pendleton.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...eiled-Jerry-Hall-disguises-Bruce-Forsyth.html
  20. stereoman

stereoman Member

Yesterday afternoon's Bettingzone Market News:

1055: William Hill have halved the price of Kimberley Walsh winning Strictly Come Dancing from 6/1 to 3/1 as punters lumped on over the first day of betting.

A noticeable drifter in the market has been Vicky Pendleton, who is now out to 12/1 from a original 6/1.

"The rumours coming out of Strictly obviously suggest that Kimberley is the one to beat and despite her sporting prowess, Victoria Pendleton has two left feet!" said William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams.

=========

Yeah, the producers can place their bets using their inside knowledge of the rehearsals.

Updated odds from William Hill suggests there's been a bit of a sea change in the last few days though:

Denise van Outen 3/1
    Louis Smith 5/1
    Kimberley Walsh 11/2
    Nicky Byrne 6/1
    Michael Vaughan 10/1
    Dani Harmer 12/1
    Victoria Pendleton 12/1
    Richard Arnold 14/1
    Lisa Riley 20/1
    Johnny Ball 25/1
    Fern Britton 25/1
    Jerry Hall 25/1