1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by Steve_uk, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Now I hope you're paying attention this week because I can't see anyone beating Abbey and Aljaz's Rumba,a bendy dance which will suit Abbey's suppleness perfectly as the couple writhe in unison. The only pair which might equal them is Natalie and Artem with their Viennese waltz. The full line-up in this Hallowe'en show is:

Abbey Clancy and Aljaz Skorjanec Rumba-Stay-Shakespeare's Sister
    Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev-Viennese Waltz-Natalie Duncan-Devil in Me
    Sophie and Brendan-Jive-Hall and Oates
    Ashley Taylor Dawson and Ola Jordan-Tango-Ne-Yo-Beautiful Monster
    Susanna Reid and Kevin Clifton-Charleston-Bad Moon Rising-Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Rachel Riley and Pasha Kovalev-American Waltz-I Put A Spell On You-Jay Hawkins
    Patrick Robinson and Anya Garnis-Quickstep-Man With The Hex-Atomic Fireballs
    Ben Cohen and Kristina Rihanoff-Paso Doble-Supermassive Black Hole-Muse
    Mark Benton and Iveta Lukosiute-Paso Doble-I Lost My Heart To a Starship Trooper
    Fiona Fullerton and Anton Du Beke-Charleston-Jeepers Creepers-Al Donahue
    Dave Myers and Karen Hauer-Jive-Monster Mash-Bobby Boris Picket

By rights Dave Myers should be voted off this week,and the middle-aged housewives who didn't vote for Deborah Meaden because of her wealth should turn out in droves to save Fiona Fullerton,though it will be a close call.
  2. Steve_uk

Shock of the contest so far as Rachel Riley found herself in a fight for survival with Abbey Clancy and came off worst. She certainly wasn't the worst dancer on the night,though Abbey's Rumba was so disappointing with her flexibility and Aljaz must take the blame for the unexciting choreography. Maybe they could take a leaf out of the X Factor and have a flash vote which would take some of the friendly voting out of the contest. It looks after this result that Natalie Gumede is unstoppable as I don't think Sophie or Ashley have the drive to take it from her and Susanna will suffer in the later stages as the couples dance twice of an evening.
  3. Steve_uk

Week 7 will see the following dances:

Ashley Taylor Dawson and Ola Jordan-Quickstep-Are You Gonna Be My Girl-Jet
    Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev-Jive-Proud Mary-Ike and Tina Turner
    Abbey Clancy and Aljaz Skorjanec-Charleston-Cabaret-Liza Minnelli
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Brendan Cole-Argentine Tango-Sweet Dreams- Tanghetto
    Susanna Reid and Kevin Clifton-Waltz-You Light Up My Life-Whitney Houston
    Patrick Robinson and Anya Garnis-American Smooth-It Had To Be You-Harry Connick Junior
    Ben Cohen and Kristina Rihanoff-Jive-Jump Jive an' Wail-Burn The Floor Orchestra
    Mark Benton and Iveta Lukosiute-Rumba-Shirley Bassey-Goldfinger
    Fiona Fullerton and Anton Du Beke-Paso Doble-Blur-Song 2
    Dave Myers and Karen Hauer-Tango-I'm Gonna Be(500 miles)-The Proclaimer

Can anyone stop Natalie Gumede from waltzing away with the glitterball trophy after two perfect scores with her Lady of the Lake last week? Susanna Reid will try her heart out though she may run out of steam when two dances become compulsory in the latter stages. Sophie has been looking a little anaemic these past two weeks,Abbey has gone off the boil,but Ashley is learning fast attempting to become an Artem clone.

At the bottom of the leaderboard Patrick should be safe with a suave American Smooth,Mark Benton will struggle with the Rumba(Darcy Bussell:"Not your dance..") and may well find himself in the dance off with either Fiona or Dave.
  4. Steve_uk

At last Dave Myers is out after a dance off with Mark Benton. Favourite Natalie Gumede should be competing again next week in Blackpool after fainting in rehearsals.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24883848
  5. Steve_uk

The programme returns to the home of dance this week,broadcast from the Tower Ballroom,Blackpool: the gas lamps are lit and the memories of Reginald Dixon accompanying on his Wurlitzer linger as the contestants dance on mahogany,oak and walnut. Natalie Gumede has played the sympathy card and can afford no further slips to be crowned Glitterball Queen at Christmas,whilst at the bottom Fiona Fullerton will have to pull her panty hose up to beat Mark Benton,whose belly is his own worst enemy.The full line-up is:

Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev-Charleston-Bang Bang-Will.i.am
    Ashley Taylor Dawson and Ola Jordan-Paso Doble-You Give Love a Bad Name-Bon Jovi
    Abbey Clancey and Aljaz Skorjanec-Quickstep-Walking on Sunshine-Katrina and the Waves
    Susanna Reid and Kevin Clifton-Paso Doble-Los Toreadors-Bizet
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Brendan Cole-Quickstep-The Lady is a Tramp-Shirley Bassey
    Ben Cohen and Kristina Rihanoff-American Smooth-Fallin'-Alicia Keys
    Patrick Robinson and Anya Garnis-Samba-Copacabana-Barry Manilow
    Fiona Fullerton and Anton Du Beke-American Smooth-Come Fly With Me-Frank Sinatra
    Mark Benton and Iveta Lukosiute-Jive-You Can't Stop The Beat-Hairspray
  6. Steve_uk

Amid some generous voting from the judges this week Fiona Fullerton has gone and Mark Benton lives to dance another day.
  7. Steve_uk

"A knee injury has been hindering my dancing the whole time" bewails Waterloo Road's Mark Benton,and gee we would never have known had you not confessed. Week 9 will see the following dances:

Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev-Tango-Where Have You Been-Rihanna
    Susanna Reid and Kevin Clifton-Cha Cha Cha-Hound Dog-Smokey Joe's Cafe
    Ashley Taylor Dawson and Ola Jordan-Waltz-I Will Always Love You-Claudia Stresa
    Abbey Clancy and Aljaz Skorjanec-Paso Doble-You Got The Love-Florence and the Machine
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Brendan Cole-Rumba-Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow-Amy Winehouse
    Patrick Robinson and Anya Garnis- A New Day Has Come-Celine Dion
    Ben Cohen and Kristina Rihanoff-Charleston-No Diggity-Minimatic
    Mark Benton and Iveta Lukosiute-Foxtrot-It's A Beautiful Day-Michael Buble

There have been six couples who have topped the leaderboard since the competition started but I'll stick with Natalie,even though the bookies' new favourite is BBC employee Susanna Reid. At the bottom it really is time for Mr. Blobby to go..
  8. Steve_uk

Ben lost in the dance off with Mr. Blobby who will surely go next week.
  9. Steve_uk

Apart from the demise of Mark Benton tomorrow this year's contest is becoming tougher than ever to judge. So far we've had six couples top the leaderboard including silky-smooth Patrick Robinson intermingled with a few faux pas which left Head Judge Len Goodman calling his dances "the good,the bad and the ugly". Sexy lingerie model Abbey Clancy wants to have her cake and eat it if she thinks Mrs. Average pear-shaped housewife is going to vote her glitterball queen,whilst Sophie Ellis-Bextor just lacks that killer instinct to finish top of the pile. Hollyoaks' Ashley Taylor Dawson has come a long way but not quite far enough,which leaves us two top contenders for the crown:BBC employee Susanna Reid and Coronation Street star Natalie Gumede. Given that next week the couples will be dancing twice and Susanna will turn 43 by the end of the contest I still feel Natalie is the favourite,but this is where the speculation comes in as the Final is decided by viewers only with the judges' scores at that stage only advisory.

Tomorrow is musicals week and the line-up is:

Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev-American Smooth-I Am Telling You I'm Not Going-Dreamgirls
    Susanna Reid and Kevin Clifton-Quickstep-Good Morning-Singin'In The Rain-Tommy Steele
    Abbey Clancy and Aljaz Skorjanec-Salsa-You Should Be Dancing-Bee Gees
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Brendan Cole-Viennese Waltz-My Favourite Things- The Sound of Music
    Ashley Taylor Dawson and Ola Jordan-Rumba-Aladdin-A Whole New World
    Patrick Robinson and Anya Garnis-Charleston-Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    Mark Benton and Iveta Lukosiute-Samba-I Can't Wait To Be King-The Lion King
  10. Steve_uk

Mark Benton is out,with Ashley Taylor Dawson in the dance off.
  11. Steve_uk

All the deadwood having been extirpated I will be sorry to see any of the remaining couples go. I doubt the British public will take the slightest notice of the judges' scores when it comes to the Final so it really boils down to who resonates best with the viewers. In addition to the dances below there will be a Swingathon which will favour the younger couples,though they should be grateful they're not dancing twice as in older times.

Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev-Paso Doble-El Gato Montes-Ramon Cortez Pasodoble Orchestra
    Abbey Clancy and Aljaz Skorjanec-Viennese Waltz-Delilah-Tom Jones
    Susanna Reid and Kevin Clifton-Argentine Tango-Smooth Criminal-Michael Jackson
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Brendan Cole-Tango-Material Girl-Madonna
    Ashley Taylor Dawson and Ola Jordan-Salsa-Gloria Estefan-Conga
    Patrick Robinson and Anya Garnis-Rumba-When I Was Your Man-Bruno Mars

It's difficult to choose anyone to go. On past performances Patrick was in the bottom two when he had damaged his hand one week,and Abbey found herself in the same predicament with a tame Rumba. Ashley's flying carpet backfired last week and also landed him in the bottom two. There's no sentimentality left but looking at the dances Abbey should be able to waltz herself out of danger which leaves any of Ashley,Patrick or Sophie vulnerable if any of them perform under par.
  12. Steve_uk

It's Ashley versus Patrick in the dance off with Patrick saved.
  13. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Steve,Im sure youre doing great work on this thread....but its largely wasted in my opinion

because youre not giving any betting advice-at least not that Ive spotted among all the words.

Im not averse to having a flutter on this if you have any suggestions.

Do you actually bet at all Steve?

If so then you know all about value.

So,is there any value in any of the prices do you think?

Thanks
  14. Steve_uk

Well I took this over from steroeman who may be available to do this next year. Natalie is the favourite but it's all down to the public vote in the Final and maybe Mrs. Average Pear-shaped housewife might go for Susanna Reid. I wouldn't bet on anyone else. Re the betting I thought there were sites where you could compare the odds,but that was steroeman's speciality.http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/winner
  15. Steve_uk

Semi-finals week tomorrow will see every couple dance twice,though one dance is repeated from earlier in the series. Still it's enough to take its toll on the dancers,especially new favourite Susanna Reid who turned 43 this week and is suffering from a sore throat. Also visiting the doctor was Abbey Clancy's partner Aljaz,who has been laid low with influenza. Sophie Ellis-Bextor has also been in the wars with bruises from Brendan's rough handling. Strangely enough the favourite to be eliminated,Casualty's Patrick Robinson,has got through the week remarkably unscathed.

The dances are:

Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev-Argentine Tango-Montserrat-Bajofondo and Salsa-Wanna Be Startin' Something-Michael Jackson 14/5

Susanna Reid and Kevin Clifton:Foxtrot-Can't Take My Eyes Off You-Frankie Valli and Salsa-Move Your Feet-Junior Senior 11/8

Abbey Clancy and Aljaz Skorjanec-American Smooth-Sweet Caroline-Neil Diamond and Samba-Faith-George Michael 9/2

Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Brendan Cole-Paso Doble-Montagues and Capulets-Prokofiev and American Smooth-They Can't Take That Away From Me-Lisa Stansfield 4/1

Patrick Robinson and Anja Garnis-Paso Doble-Because The Night-The Patti Smith Group and Waltz-Unchained Melody-Righteous Brothers 33/1
  16. Steve_uk

Patrick is out with Natalie saved. She has been the most consistent performer,won the Swingathon and with her Argentine Tango last night proved she can do more than just "swoosh around" to quote Head judge Len. But the fickle general public will have their way next week and it looks now as if it's between housewives' favourite Susanna Reid and the glamorous couple of Abbey Clancy and Aljaz.
  17. Steve_uk

The Final is tomorrow night with all contestants having upped their game.There's usually one dance which sticks in the public's mind from past winners(Chris Hollins' Charleston,Harry Judd Argentine Tango) but this year it's much harder to judge,with Abbey's Salsa,Susanna's Paso Doble,Lancashire lass Natalie's Viennese Waltz and Sophie's Charleston being just some of the highlights of this year's show. There's a short snippet below of what to expect,but forget the judge's scores this week as it all hangs on the British public.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/posts/Strictly-Final-In-Training
    Susanna Reid 6/5
    Abbey Clancy 5/2
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor 7/2
    Natalie Gumede 10
  18. Steve_uk

Abbey Clancy has been crowned Glitterball champion of Series 11 with partner Aljaz Skorjanek,coming from behind over the past few weeks to beat favourite Susanna Reid and highest overall scorer Natalie Gumede. Coupled with Head judge Len Goodman's remarks that he had not seen any contestant either in Britain or the USA with a better top line and the Christmas spirit which may have made housewives forget their petty jealousies it was Abbey who emerged victorious,sixteen years younger than a valiant Susanna and a Natalie who'd had her lows with illness and a sometimes distant-looking Artem Chigvintsev with personal battles of his own to fight this series. After the excitement of Christmas wears off there will be many who find Saturday night a bleak prospect as the Winter solstice lingers and the BBC returns to its usual humdrum entertainment,forcing many to turn to alternative sources as the licence fee becomes ever-more controversial in this digital age.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25464779