1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Super League Grand Final 8th October

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by slick, Oct 2, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Hard one to call, but ultimately I think it will either be Saints by a lot or Leeds by a few. The Rhino's have played a lot of high intensity rugby over the past 6 or 7 Weeks and this could easily catch up with them. Saints have also had high intensity matches, the last twice, but have also had a couple of valuable Weeks off. As with the Semi, I fell that if Leeds can keep it close then the can win ( Warrington threatened to break away but never did ) If there recent efforts do catch up with Leds, then Saints have the players to romp away with it.

MAN OF THE MATCH

Gone with Francis Meli @ 42 on the exchanges. Not always the most popular with the Saints fans and did not see much ball in the 2 games with Wigan. Very hard to stop near the try line though and could easily explode with a brace / hat trick.

FIRST TRYSCORER

I do rate BEN JONES BISHOP highly and he certainly knows how to score tries

JON WILKIN - Dangerous attacker and excellent support player

PAUL WELLENS - Has found his try scoring touch lately and is often in the right place, at the right time.

LAST TRYSCORER

Small bets on JAMES ROBY and KYLIE LEULUAI
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Pretty poor conditions, so credit to both teams for their excellent ball control. Leeds did what they needed to do by keeping it close, but to be fair they were the more expansive in the first half. Key moment in the game came when Saints were 8 points up ( 16 - 8 I think ) with around 15 Minutes to go and put a deep kick in. BJB was not really going anywhere and Scott Moore gave the world's dumbest penalty away. Not only did they get the attacking field position, but a couple of plays later Shenton suffered his dislocated elbow. Makinson had already been shifted from that wing to play full back ( Wellens going off injured ) so Saints had to play the last 15 Minutes with a makeshift Center / wing combination. This pretty much killed them as the next 3 tries all came down that side. Credit to Leeds of course for exploiting that weakness and Rob Burrow certainly stepped up when needed.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I bet Yorkie is over the moon, Leeds won for all the reasons you mention Samoan but I'll take nothing away from them, I think they all stepped upto the plate when needed.
    Burrows has found his form again after suffering injury after injury of the last few yrs, he's a cracking player when he's on his game and a joy to watch.

Congratulations to Leeds as i honestly never thoght they would do it.
  5. winrew

winrew GILF

Great game , thought Burrows was brilliant , that dislocated elbow looked bloody painful !!
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

I just caught a couple of tries on the news, brilliant!
    I couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for St Helens though on hearing that's their 5th consecutive loss in the final.