1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Terror in Nice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Colbro, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

2. Seen

Seen Moderator

[​IMG]
  3. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

77 victims, on top of the 130 killed in Paris last November and 32 at Brussels Airport in March. One of the most beautiful cities in the world with swaying palm trees and pristine beaches of the Baie des Anges overlooking the Promenade des Anglais sullied with the stench of death, as once more the words of Bin Laden ring chillingly through our ears: "We love death. The U.S. loves life. That is the difference between us two."

There's now no surprise when we learn of such attacks, just despairing resignation as politicians of all persuasions bleat yet more half-hearted measures and attempt a feigned reassurance to keep business as usual, as we become hostages in leisure or business to this new Russian roulette as such attacks slip from memory in a moment of national celebration only to re-emerge into consciousness as the mass media plies its lucrative trade.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  4. slick

slick Administrator

And they still insist on bringing in more and more Muslims from the most volatile areas of the world, I know the French problem is homegrown as is ours but the preachers of this hate aren't and we're flooding Europe with them.

When I saw the news last night my first thoughts were 'Thank Fuck' we're coming out of Europe. Not physically but you know what I mean.

My worst fear after Nice is, they will now see how effective and easy it is to kill the Kafir in large numbers by just driving a wagon down the street, per terrorist/kafir ratio it's more effective than AK47's and grenades without the hassle of having to smuggle them in so It's probably safe to say we'll see this ploy again.

I'm just thankful the wagon wasn't full of explosives because I'm pretty sure everybody watching last night was expecting it.
  5. Steve_uk

I recall the IRA Manchester bomb thirty years ago where a similar method was used. I really do think it's time for a database of all Muslims including biometric ID cards, which ironically were piloted in Manchester ten years ago then scrapped with no refund for anyone who had forked out £30 for one.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

A similar method was used? Eh? Have you shoehorned that into the conversation just so that you could claim a link of irony that doesn't exist Steve? The Manchester bomb was nothing like yesterday's attack. Sometimes I swear you compile your posts backwards, starting off with a point that you desperately want to make (in this case, regarding ID cards) and then try to force some tenuous link to lead up to it.

There is no chance whatsoever of Britain insisting on ID cards for one specific religion or race. No matter how great the terrorist threat ever becomes.

The French on the other hand...
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I recall it too because I drove past the Van half an hr before it blew up on my way to work.
    Imagine that also going up on that strip yesterday in Nice, it would be utter devastation.

I'm pretty sure we also have a database of all Muslims too Steve but I wouldn't go as far as giving them biometric cards, I recall Hitler having that same Idea with Jews and the star of David and it didn't quite work out.

In my job I meet and work with people of all colours and creeds everyday and can honestly say I've not yet come across an extremist, I've met Muslims with strong views and we've had a good old argument but at the end of it I've never been threatened to be shot or blown up and we usually hug and make up.

Most Muslims are good honest people, I've worked with them all my life one way or another and will openly admit I know more white people that would rather wipe them out than the other way round.

The problem lies with a tiny minority and when these terrorist events occur the culprit is always known by the authorities, so if you want to biometrically tag somebody lets tag those first that the authorities know about no matter what colour or religion, I reckon that would do the job rather than tarring everybody with the same brush.
  8. Steve_uk

Well someone in the IRA(who has never been prosecuted)drove a lorry packed full of explosives into the City Centre with the intention of mass killing. In the event nobody was killed but 200 were injured and I had relatives in the area so you can shut your face.

There may not be ID cards exclusively for Muslims but we should now make them compulsory for everyone including a wider use of stop and search powers and armed Police made commonplace in all our urban centres.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I lived in the M3 area Steve and the wife lost about £50 quids worth of ornaments that fell off the window sill when the bomb went off so you shut your mouth:lol

Main thing was that a warning was given by the IRA and the area evacuated so nobody was killed, could you see these bastards doing that.

You now mention there may not be ID cards exclusively for Muslims but you did in the previous post so make your mind up.
    And If you would have read my post after that, I gave you the answer that would solve the problem without having the expense of giving everybody a compulsory ID card, you should start from the lowest denominator and work your way up, otherwise you'll never have money.
  10. Steve_uk

So the IRA bombmakers gave a warning-that was big of them. Just like Omagh. There are more problems with non-whites in the criminal justice system. https://www.theguardian.com/society...hnic-minority-young-prisoners-stop-and-search
  11. slick

slick Administrator

It was big of them otherwise there would have been thousands dead considering the size of that bomb, I don't see your point?
    More so when you're telling ODM to shut his gob because you had relatives in the area that would otherwise be dead.

As for more non whites in prison that's a whole different discussion and nothing to do with religion or any type of bombings relevant to this thread.
  12. Steve_uk

No but it was brought into the discussion which is why I posted the link. I'm sorry I didn't read your post about an hour ago but I was typing my own, saw the alert sign appear on the screen but as most people I'm sure would have done posted rather than risk losing it and having to type it again.

As for the IRA they are a particular bugbear of mine as they moved from terrorism to controlling the education portfolio in Northern Ireland. I take your point about the warning which lessened casualties but as we have discovered with the Nice and Omagh bombs humans are fallible.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  13. slick

slick Administrator

So we agree to agree then.

As for the IRA moving into to politics then I'd say that was the best thing for both sides because it eventually ceased the terrorism when a compromise was met, I know nothing about the education portfolio in Ireland but if it means we stop blowing each other up then it may well be a small price to pay for peace.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I don't give a flying fuck if you had your left leg blown off or if your granny lost her left tit in the explosion- that gives you no more or less right than me to speak on the subject cuntychops. the fact is that you were talking utter fucking shite. A lorry full of explosives (a mobile bomb) is absolutely not the same MO as some random radical/nutter driving a lorry over people. Admit it clown, the whole point of you even mentioning Manchester was so that you could bring up the subject of ID cards. ID cards have been soundly rejected in this country due to public opinion. That may change in light of the threats that we now face but one thing that won't change is a law that targets one particular religion. If that were to happen, you won't need any terrorists on British streets, there will be riot in most towns and cities and counter groups willing to fight those rioters and the next thing you know we're merrily walzing down the road to the next cival war.
  15. Steve_uk

I don't see a moral distinction between planting a bomb, withdrawing from the scene and hoping the Police will have their bomb disposal units ready in time to render it safe and a hands-on mowing down of 80 with an articulated lorry. Both attacks in theory could have been minimized: the Police in Omagh herded the public right into the highest impact of the bomb and French Police were caught off guard in the atmosphere of a public holiday. The fact is that had there been no malice aforethought in the first place there would have been no casualties in either case.

As for ID cards for Muslims, I don't see why we couldn't bring them in for all new arrivals. There is a specific modus operandi which is used by this particular religious group and it's about time we knew exactly who is in Britain, who has gone to Syria and who is plotting the next mass attack in London, Manchester or whatever city Mohammed chooses it to be.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I see what you did there Steve. I don't see the MORAL distinction. In other words you do recognise the fact (sorry to use that word so often Steve, I know how you hate the word fact) that, contrary to your initial statment...

"I recall the IRA Manchester bomb thirty years ago where a similar method was used."

....the truth is that the two "methods" are not, in fact (there's that nasty word again) similar at all.

This what is knows as "checkmate" Steve. I have argued you into a corner and you should concede the "fact" that you were talking bollocks when you stated that a similar method was used instead of using semantics and (when that fails) blatant denial or just plain downright evasion tactics. But I know you too well and what will actually happen is that, instead of conceding that you are in a checkmate situation and shaking hands, your response will be "Ah, well, you say that you have me in a checkmate but if you take a look at that drafts board over there.......blah blah blah".

You're a cunt. A cunt devoid of any honour or moral fibre. You should probably take your own life.
  17. Steve_uk

One was an attack using an articulated lorry and another was a truck bomb. As for chess I'll leave you to play with Angela Eagle, thanks.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

One was a bomb attack and the other was a man using a truck as a weapon to mow people down and a gun to shoot people. Yes a truck was involved in both but that wasn't the MO. Would you say that the attack on Pearl Harbour used a "similar melthod" to the Manchester bombing because a bomb was involved in both? Presumably you would.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I should warn you that in answering that question you should be aware that you have the choice of saying....

Yes (subtext.... I really am that stupid)

or

No (subtext.... I've been talking like a cunt haven't I?)
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

:eek:

:unsure

:help

:leaving