1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Big Music Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MickeyPaul, Sep 1, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Colbro, I thought I'd heard it before and was right with the artist too.
    Just goes to show what little things we have going on in the back of our minds.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

After hearing the full song you're dead right too in that it doesn't sound the same without the rest of it.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Heard this one from the 80's for the first time in donkeys, yesterday. Still difficult to believe Jimmy Nail sang it..

slick likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I don't believe it too punt, you really sure he sang the original?
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Just tried it with Moans and straight away she said Jimmy Nail, Cnut!!
    Punter likes this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

A Happy 88th Birthday to the man that gave us the greatest music of all.

Mr Motown, Berry Gordy Jr.

Capture.PNG

I could go on but..
    slick likes this.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Classic...

8. slick

slick Administrator

:cry
    Punter likes this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nothing new (ish) has caught my ear for a long time. I like this though....

slick likes this.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

slick likes this.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Probably posted it b4 but now Tom Petty's gone these songs take on a lot more significance...

Punter likes this.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

I've always liked this record but wouldn't fancy tackling it on Gary Oke, Did Joe Walsh sing the original? sounds like the original but don't recall him doing it.

13. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

I have no memory of whether I posted this already. I don't even really like this kind of music. I'm just amazed a wee Scottish guy can do this.... a bit like penicillin oh ffs I didn't copy paste that I knew how to spell... ffs... all my text lol I'm falling out my chair here wtf is this CONSPIRACY ffs let me check the font options in here... haha.. dum dee dum.. :banghead ffs thats not a ... wait how do I get this off SLICK!!? OH GREAT I CAN UNDERLINE IT... HELLO EVERYONE... if you didn't notice me before... perhaps you will now... FFS SLICK... I don;t want this shite! It's all gone to shit since Komp left.... how do I get this off... Oh.... I bet the foreigners can read this though with their.... OH I CAN CHOOSE COLOURS if this is pink I'm going to fucking kill so,m.... oh you cunt....... You set this up. You click the thing and it makes you this then you click the other one and it makes you pink. I CALLED IT. OH! AAAAH! I'm FREEE! Heh heh.. oh.. blue for boys eh? Oh yeah. And white for the truth
  14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Links to penicillin? Why, if we didn't know you better...spammers have been banned for less you know.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Bit of meh song when I first heard it but now I love it....

16. slick

slick Administrator

Punt knows I like a nice Irish Ballad and he's right but know and again you do come across gems like this when clicking the 'next' button on youtube...

Punter likes this.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Love the red parka. Never knew they made them, Howson would live in that 24/7.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

I think they need to work a bit more on the chorus because they seem very out of tune towards the end.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Lol at the big hard fella with his face covered @ 3.13 "I'll pay for your ticket home" misinterpreted as "I'll pay for your chicken hole" :lol
    Punter likes this.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I loved this and I think it sums a few of us up lol....