1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Big Music Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MickeyPaul, Sep 1, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

How did you find that?

Some great tunes there but he's mixed them to sound like one of those tapes you used to get before a movie started at the cinema.

If i knew how to use a deck I'd show him how it should be done lol.
    Punter likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

How good's Michael Jackson.
    We'll never know the truth so it's why we push it to one side, but you could never have a 70's/80's mix without him, he's like the match that lights the wick.
    Punter likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Jacko was the best.. just the best.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Remember Northern Soul girl, who danced the streets of Bristol to Pharell Williams 'Happy'

Well i'm still in love with her...

slick likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Yip, how ultra cool is that.

Saying that I bet we both do it making a cooked brekkie on a Saturday morning lol.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Thinking of my Mam before then thought of Elvis as she used to love him when she was alive.
    I find it strange that somebody who was so popular never get's a mention anymore, it's like he's been wiped from history.

Punter likes this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I've found some strange things in my time on the net but this is like Sprouts and Custard, fcuk knows who thought this would work...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Kegman and Punter like this.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Night Night Komp and Mickey:leaving
    Kegman likes this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

A couple of good mixes, if you like this sort of stuff...

slick likes this.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

I've probably posted this before but I've not played it for a while and every couple of years I feel the need to do so lol.
    If you had your eyes shut it's hard to believe it's Slade really...
    Brilliant song.

Punter likes this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Wasn't that arsed with Alison Moyet back in the 80's but been listening to her a bit, lately. Particularly this one...

Wasn't that arsed with Rod Stewart either but he's just done a few of his oldies with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and they've done a cracking job...

Kegman and slick like this.
  12. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I saw Alison Moyet last November when she was touring and she was brilliant. Still got a very powerful voice.

I only went to hear her old stuff tbh but it was still a great show.
    Punter likes this.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

I didn't mind her, I've got a couple of her 12 inch singles somewhere in the loft.

I agree with Rod Stewart though, hated him when I was younger but absolutely love his stuff now.
    here's my favourire...

Punter likes this.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah, I like old Alf and Rod. Reason to believe is one of his old tracks that I got into later in life and now I think it's brilliant. Strangely, I don't listen to the stuff that was in the charts when I was younger (the four that have been posted hear for example) but The first cut is the deepest always gets me when it comes on somewhere. He knocks out a decent ballad as well and some stuff that he's covered that other people have made famous is worth listening to.
    Punter likes this.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

slick likes this.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Just reminded me of what happened today when me and Cleggy went out for a walk at dinner time.

We were walking down Broad St in Salford which is a very busy 4 lane carriageway and behind us I hear ' Stir it up' belting out.
    Turning round to see what it was, In the Bus lane came chugging along what looked like a 'Pimp my mobility scooter' with a Jamaican flag flying from it and speakers belting out Bob Marley.
    It was really zooped up with fancy decal and had a number plate bearing the name Brian.
    He then shot across the bus lane into the main carriageway dodging cars on his way, I don't know if Brian is still alive but he was sure enjoying himself:lol

I just wish I had my phone on me to film him.
    Punter likes this.
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

We have playlists at work for each day of the week. Four of us chuck a few tunes in each. Friday is the Fuck it Friday Cheese tunes. Daft but it makes the day go quicker...

CLASSSSSIIICS lol...

slick likes this.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Tune! The one that kept Vienna off number one spot
  19. slick

slick Administrator

You asking a quiz question?
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Can't believe how young Vanessa Paradis was when she sang this, always presumed it was somebody older than me @ the time.
    She was on BBC 4 the other week and I thought wow, how sexy is she...........until they said her age:embarassed