1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Christmas Thread...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by winrew, Dec 23, 2011.

1. winrew

winrew GILF

Feel free to pop in ....

2. winrew

winrew GILF

Stressed out , all four grand kids staying the night , i shall bugger off down the club very shortly.
    Got the wife a Kindle , rather impressive , although i still prefer books.

On afternoon shift for the big day THANKFULLY all the kids are landing with wives girlfriends , not a fan of any of them to be honest ..:lol
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Win, give me a shout after xmas, got a load of books for kindle on a stick somewhere. not worked out what to do with them yet :unsure
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I was supposed to be going out but cancelled till tomorrow lunchtime now.
    The mrs has been dropping hints all day and giving me the come on, it's been 4 months, i'm shitting it....St John Ambulance on standby.
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

The kids, or the wives and girlfriends? :lookaround

Agree with you on real books rather than a Kindle, maybe it's because I spend all day sat in front of the computer anyway, but can't think of anything worse than having to read books on a screen too.
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Depends on the price, makes a serious difference
  7. winrew

winrew GILF

No it doesn't , books are better , having a Kindle is like picking your nose with a glove on , it just isn't the same ...

Anyway , heres the famous vid from top of the pops ...

Some daft bugger got Jockie Wilson instead of Jackie ...
    Punter likes this.
  8. winrew

winrew GILF

RC , love the wee kids , hate all the wives , bunch of bitches , not overly keen on my sons come to think of it ...
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

:lol Happy families, eh?

Have a good Christmas anyway, with the kids if nothing else :thumb

Swoop, for me at least, price wouldn't make much of a difference. I don't tend to read all that much, when I do I'm usually happy enough to just pick something up from 2nd hand/charity bookshops. Did recently buy a couple of new books (new as in not 2nd hand, not new as in recently published) off Amazon, just checked the price I paid against the Kindle price, they're 23p cheaper on Kindle :unsure
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Aye have a good Christmas all. seems like every buggers getting a kindle this year apart from me. not that i want one mind as i don't do much reading. The only time i pick up a book is when I'm on holiday and I bet i'm not the only one.

I've just been adjusting the presents under the tree and two of mine have made a 'chinking' sound like the coming together of glass which I'm presuming is alcohlol of some kind, if not I'm going to be very upset:lol

I was at my sisters last night and her hubby mentioned he cooks the christmas dinner as do I, when i asked him what he was cooking he started realing off frozen veg, aunt bessies and bisto ffs. he seemed a bit shocked when I took the piss out of him.

Have MTV classic on at the moment Wins, they're playing the 40 greatest Christmas songs of all time, soft cnut i am.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Bings 'White Christmas' number 20:eek, I'd have thought it would have nailed number 1.

lets see where the Pogues and Kirsty end up.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

This is bollox, Frankies 'the power of love' in at number 19, somebody at MTV wants sacking.
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I read a mixture of real books & on the kindle, depends which is cheaper. amazes me when people talk as though you can only do on. I didnt think I'd be won over but I have been, & I'm not that much younger than Winrew......decades rather than centuries certainly :naughty
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Winrew, if you havent read Jo Nesbo you'll like him, & I just noticed Amazon have got a set of all his books going for £9.99

Terry Pratchetts stuff the same
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

Fucking Christmas :banghead
  16. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I know you can obviously do both, but using a Kindle requires a large-ish initial expense of buying the equipment in the first place, which paper books don't require. Not knocking the Kindle, but there's no way I personally would get anywhere near enough use out of it to justify buying one, even if I did want to spend more hours than I already do staring at a screen.
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Had a few last night, told myself that was my blowout, now back to the grindstone, relax & write.

Just going for a shower before I go out :unsure
  18. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Worked Thursday night, Went to the pub yesterday straight from work with some friends and people from work got smashed and left the pub 5.45 to be in work for 6 finished this morning and went straight to bed. Woke up at 3 and forgot i hadnt got all the presents was supposed to get them friday so had to go out again not long got back in and have to wrap presents still i h8 wrapping them up next year there going in a bag and given to people. Got a houseful tomorrow as i do most years ive invited all my friends and family over for the day, no doubt ill be drunk come 5pm tomorrow have a good christmas everyone
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

HE'S BEEN!! FATHER CHRISTMAS HAS BEEN!!!

Have a good one all :beer
  20. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

santas not real punter

merry christmas lads xxxxxxxx