1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Manchester City thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Happy days as you very well remember
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

lol, i missed a comma or summat there eh

Nah your god was Rodgers all along lol. Gerrard last line of defence, on the half way line! ...AGAINST CHELSEA FFS!!

Rodgers Tactics :(
  3. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Yes - but if you are a conspiracy theorist you will believe whatever ...

Benteke signing for Rogers made no sense - signing for Klopp - makes more sense.

Also Klopp signing now - and not at the start of the season gives him a lot of games with no pressure

It was a great press conference the "normal one" gave

I am so jealous
    slick and Punter like this.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

You need to curb your jealousy, Colbro. It can drive a man insane :)
  5. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

We had our day in the semi at Wembley (where the Liverpool fans were fantastic)

You have won the war
  6. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Who do you support Colbro, dont think ive seen you on any of these type of threads before, or ive drunk too much.
  7. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I'm a Villa fan Howson

Seeing Benteke play for Liverpool is like seeing an ex girlfriend who you know was far too good for you out with someone else.

Under Rogers it was like "you dumped me for him :rant"

Under Klopp it just makes more sense
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

:lol
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Think 'Tevez' Howson and you'll know what he's talking about, (before the bit about him not coming off the bench in Munich).
  10. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Ur pissed mate, time for bed
  11. slick

slick Administrator

I thought Howson might have bumped up this thread to talk about Guardiola:lookaround

He might end up being a total fcuk up but I'm loving watching the United Forums going into meltdown over this, you'd think it was the end of the world:lol
  12. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

14. Seen

Seen Moderator

City were awful tonight, Slick - they achieved the seemingly impossible and got outplayed by Sunderland :unsure

If they keep playing like that they won't even finish in the top two.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

City will win it. I rely on knee jerk reactions to poor displays and talk of injuries to move the markets up and down so that I can back and lay throughout the season and, as the fog clears, I find myself on city for a big profit, arsenal for a smaller (albeit decent) profit and, Leicester for a vet big loss and spurs for just a big loss (enough to pay for a family holiday type big).

I've filled in one of those online predictor things (I'll try to find the link later ) and I had arsenal and city exactly level on points three games ago. Updated with those results gives me city as the winner.

As far as Leicester goes, the next two games against city and arsenal may be crucial but the consistent Spurs are the bigger fear for me.

part of me would like Leicester to win it just to show that it can be done, and if I end up losing big, that's fine because I've taken a position and I'm sticking with it which is what gambling is about.

I'm not worried about city's performances. I just think that when the bottoms start twitching on the run in, they have the individual players who can break down a ten man defence. the emergence of the geyser who scored a hat trick last weekend has strengthened that feeling .

Liverpool played right into Leicesters strengths yesterday with an attacking open game and city will do similar on Saturday but I'm putting my dosh on them coming through when it matters
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Aye Seen we were shite but those are the sort of games where you have to grind out points , United used to be the masters of it under Fergie when they wasn't playing so well, it's those nitty games where titles are won and lost.

I don't think City will win the title, we just have too many games to play and the focus seems to be on the CL even though I don't think we'll win that either lol.

Like ODM I think Spurs are in with a great shout of winning the title, they seem solid at the moment both home and away unlike previous yrs, as for Leicester I also think they can do it even if they lose their next two games against City and Arsenal, after those two games they look to have a good run of what look like easy games on paper and unlike City and Arsenal, they have been winning those types of games. Plus they only have one game a week from now on in until the end of the season.

The crunch Is going to come in those last 6 games of the season when everybody wants to beat the team at the top as Liverpool found out a couple of seasons ago, this is where experience comes into play, can't see Chelsea being around the top by then but If City or United are still in the mix by then, then you'd have to fancy one of those two.

At the moment though everything is pointing to Spurs but that could so easily change when the Europa Cup kicks in again, then it's over to Leicester again, with only 14 games left and should they keep injury free, I think they have every chance if they keep their bottle.
    I'd like to see them win it, It would be great for Football and dispel a few myths about the Prem.
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

Slick / ODM

What are your opinions on City's form v the top teams this season?
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

I too fancy Spurs to go close, I backed them last week at 9.8 with the view that their odds would shorten as long as they beat Norwich and Watford in their next 2 games. They thumped Norwich 3-0 and you'd have to fancy them to turn over Watford who have gone off the boil a little.

They have already shortened in to 7.2 after Arsenal dropped another 2 points on Tues. They score plenty of goals and are in a similar position to Liverpool a couple of seasons ago when I backed them at 16/1 despite everyone saying they couldn't win it (should have won it to be fair).

Would be great to see Leicester win it but they do seem reliant on a handful of players and you'd think teams will suss their style out sooner rather than later.
  19. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

The EPL this season has been brilliant from a viewing point but absolutely fecking horrific from a betting front.

Teams are dropping points against teams you would never have of imagined.

I would love to see Leicester do it but i don't think they'll hang on. Arsenal should be about 5 points clear but they've done the same thing as they do every year - shit their pants.

I think it'll be close between Spurs and Citeh and the big thing might be how quickly they get knocked out of europe.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

What is relevant is what happens from here on in and City only have one "top team" to play and that's Arsenal at home. Leicester aren't a top team in my mind, regardless of this flash in the pan although, as I said before, City's style of play will make them vulnerable to Leicester's strength. If they both draw on Saturday, I will be laying Leicester for an even bigger loss as I really, really think they will fail against the likes of Southampton, West Ham and even Watford when the potential reality of winning the league looms large.

Brilliant as Vardy's volley against Liverpool looked, it was a hopefully hoofed sixty yard ball out of their own half that led to it and Liverpool had several good chances saved (if Leicester do win it, I think that the keeper will be more important than Vardy and Mahrez)

Leicester will struggle (in my view) to beat teams that aren't desperate for the three points and therefore will not set up to attack them. I'll stick my neck out right now and say that they'll get no more than 1 point from their last three games against Man United, Everton and Chelsea, regardless of whether they keep Vardy and Mahrez (and Schmeichel) fit. Forget them.