1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Manchester City thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, Aug 28, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Lol, If you're trying to say they're worse than City's then they must be bad. How shocking are we, Zab to be fair is not 100% fit and it shown, Otamendi keeps running out of defence tackling fresh air leaving old timer Demichelis treading treacle and Kolorov isn't good enough for the Ryman league, if it wasn't for his left peg he'd never have made a pro.
    I won't at all be surprised to see the same sort of performance against Spuds on Sunday because due to Injurys it's the only center half pairing we have, If City aren't careful they could end up in a dog fight for a CL spot.
  2. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Kompany and Silva both available for Sunday, last chance saloon for City on Sunday.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I'm not expecting us to win but it's one of those games where I won't be surprised no matter what the result.

It's good to see Kompany back but I'm half expecting him to be going off Injured again within the first 20 mins like he has done so many times in the past, I hope not because a fully fit Vincent will be key for the rest of our season.

As for Silva it's pretty obvious he's carrying a knock, he had a blinding start to the season and hasn't been the same since coming back from Injury, he's still carrying it and if It wasn't for our current Injury crisis in midfield I doubt very much he'd be getting a game come Sunday.

It might be last chance Saloon for the league but I'm more worried about that final CL place tell the truth because on current form it could end up with you cnuts getting it instead of us.
  4. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

City are 14/1 on to finish in the top 4, theres ur answer to Utds chances of finishing in the top 4
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Just like Leicester were large odds to win the Prem just a few weeks ago, it means nothing.
    City lose at the weekend and United win there's nothing in it, more so considering City's main goal this year is to progress in the CL, this falls down now because City expected to walk a CL place for next yr.

Leicester have fcuked this up and if City aren't careful they could end up with going from a quadruple to fcuk all within the space of a month, City's priorities need to change, hopefully the club have flagged this up, If not then City will struggle for a CL spot next yr.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Sooooooooo, another weekend and here I am again pulling on my (metaphorical) blue shirt on after retrieving it from the (metaphorical) bin last week. With Arsenal disposing of Leicester without any problems whatsoever earlier :)wasnme) the game is well and truly on. What I need now is for those useless overpaid cunts to get their collective fingers out of their arses and put Spurs away which will leave me with two horses stalking the leader.

My head is saying the game is going to be a draw. A Spurs win would be disastrous, leaving me with one runner against two.

I usually back Yaya's player goal minutes and he's made me a small fortune in the past. I've been leaving him alone when I need City to win recently but I'm going back to him again today. Come on big man.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

Oddly enough, Man City's results this season have been better when Yaya has not played.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah he's been pretty average but I've been chasing money in from the very start when he was seen as a defensive midfielder, all the way through. the amount of late goals (70 minutes +) he's scored has been crucial when you're talking about goal minutes rather than anytime or first goal scorers.

As me old dad used to say... "he owes me nowt "
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Fuck knows how you put up with these cunts Slick.

Where can I buy an Arsenal shirt ?
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Although Citeh are only 6 points adrift i think they're fucked. Spurs controlled the possession for the first 70 mins of that game and although they were under the coshh for the last few mins they never really looked like conceding.

Arsenal got lucky today but it and it'll be interesting to see how Leicester deal with Norwich and WBA in next 2 fixtures cause they are both shit.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Bunch of wanky cunts. Slick - My sympathy for having to follow these fucking bunch of cunts mate (and this from a Derby fan!!!!).

They've let me down. I hope they win fuck all this season.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Welcome to my world ODM lol, I'm just happy having seen City win the league in my lifetime, I'm easily pleased so nothing the useless cnuts do anymore bothers me.
    If anything we're looking a bit 'passed it' now and it'll be interesting to see who Pep brings in over the summer because he needs at least 6 players, teams are just over running us now because City don't have the energy to keep up, old bastards:lol
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

They will need a massive clearout. That's not a reaction to yesterday's result - Aguero and Silva both had chances that they would normally have put away and there was Yaya's crossbar rattler so they could have won the game. They just can't fucking defend. They look an absolute shambles.

I wonder which one of the big clubs are going to snap up Shmeichel? United?
  14. slick

slick Administrator

I don't think Schmeichels the real deal yet, he pulled off a cracking save yesterday but he still has a lot to learn, he's got a long way to go to get anywhere near his dads level.
    I put him there or thereabouts with Joe Hart though which shows a big improvement because he was quite a bit behind Hart when they were both at City.

If United lose De Gea then he's gonna be near impossible to replace but I suppose Schmeichel would jump at the chance to fill his dads boots and the fans would no doubt take him to their hearts too, ex city player or not.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Schmeichel is better than Hart - much better. If Leicester win the league, Schmeichel will be just as important as Vardy and Marez. Not just for yesterday but he's saved them a shit load of points over this season, just as Hart did for City when they won it.

He's not as good as De Gea but when he first came to England he was getting pelters and has improved shit loads and it's worth a top top club taking a change that the young Dane will do the same.
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

Just for the record, here is City's performance against each team...

city.JPG

Their pathetic record v the teams around them is the sole reason why they are making such a mess of things this season. Just one paltry point from 5 games v the other three title challengers, and just one win from 10 games v the top 8 teams. 4 defeats in 5 games at home against the top 8 sides is shocking considering the quality in their ranks.

It has to be a psychological thing, as they have the best record in the league v bottom half teams - 11 wins and 2 draws from 13 games, including 7 clean sheets. You certainly wouldn't want to be with them when they play Arsenal and Man Utd at home, especially as they'll be favourites to win.

Now is definitely the time to back Leicester - they've got a couple of very winnable home games coming up (Norwich and WBA) while Arsenal have Man Utd and Spurs in their next 3 league games while Man City's next league game is away to Liverpool. They've got a nice break to recharge their batteries while the other 3 contenders have 2 or 3 cup/Europe games to play.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've said to anyone who will listen to me (I.e no fucker) that it's not the teams who attack them that that will trouble them its exactly the likes of Norwich and west brom. I've jumped in and laid them again. it looks between arsenal and spurs to me and I'm hoping its Arsenal
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

I get your logic ODM, but Leicester have already beaten both Norwich and West Brom this season, and the only teams who have beaten them are Arsenal and Liverpool who both attacked them.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

All in the past Seen, all in the past. A team playing with no pressure knowing that they're toddling along nicely in the knowledge that they picking up plenty of points to keep relegation at bay. Now they HAVE to break teams down to win matches if they want to win the league and its my strong opinion that they just won't be able to do that and they pressure will be too much for them . I've put my money where my mouth is and nothing that anyone is saying is convincing me to the contrary.

On the same logic, we don't know how Spurs will cope with the prospect of actually winning something and Arsenal aren't exactly a model of consistency.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I think they can do it if they keep playing the way they are, they're quite adept at soaking up pressure and hitting on the counter, It's worked for them all season, they don't need to break teams down, teams near the bottom of the league need points and have to come at them as do teams at the top who want to win the league, those in the middle are just being swept aside by Leicester.
    I think it's very doable for Leicester now they have one game a week like I've already mentioned.

I like the look of Leicesters run in too with a final game against Chelsea, that'll be interesting if Arsenal or Spurs are still in the mix on the final day, I should imagine even the Chelsea fans will be cheering on Leicester.

I still fancy Spours though lol, they look the most solid as a team and now look to have some depth, If they have any sense they'll ditch the Europa league asap.