1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Manchester City thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well they can beat a German side who have already qualified and will have to be concentrating on the league game the following weekend. Villarreal have been shite so far but can they raise their game for a last hussar and frustrate Napoli? Quite possibly.
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

absolutely,only thing is I suspect Bayern will be trying their best to ko one of their main rivals.

I was very impressed by Napoli-they can match anyone other than barca and real(who are now 11-4)and I will be betting on them at 33-1(bet365)or better
  3. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

looks like the champs league is Barca and Reals for the taking,heh-ho

City in the Europa lge beckons
  4. slick

slick Administrator

City weren't utterly outplayed, I'd say City had the lions share of possesion tell the truth but Napoli beat us on the counter, which is what they were set up to do and it worked well for them, no sour grapes from me as City deserved what they got for playing the game at a canter, in the end Napoli could have scored 3 or 4.
    In a way it started very similar to the Bayern game with City doing well then making a mistake with Silva losing the ball, Napoli nearly scoring and then City looked edgy for the rest of the match.

I'm not going to knock Mancini as he's done great for City but tonight it was pretty obvious City were lacking width and missing Richards wide play, even more so considering we were playing with two defensive midfielders, Zableta just cannot offer the same threat down the right with the consistancy Richards does.
    I also thought Mancini may have played his strongest eleven tonight as the game was so important and was suprised to see him stick with what has become his 'Champions league team'.

Still it's not over and while it's still mathematically possible there's always hope and even if we do go out it not might be a bad thing considering where we are in the league
    I'm just hoping we can bounce back on Sunday with a good result now as there's still a lot to look forward to this season.
  5. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

no they werent utterly outplayed-they were on top for part of the game,I watched some of the second half.
    I have a bet on them to win the champs league at 16s so am hoping they go through but dont see them getting past barca or real.
    As far as the premiership is concerned,it should of course be a great help if they go out(apart from keeping everyone happy)

Anyway,good luck in the bayern game,slick
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Hotspur allthough I think we blew our best chance tonight tell the truth, we'll more than likely end up in the Europa cup which I no doubt Mancini will treat as another Carling cup and just concentrate on the league, maybe it's just aswell we don't play the like of Barcelona or Real just yet because on tonights performance we would get stuffed.
  7. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Kin 'ell! Getting your excuses in early or what! :lol

Losers mentality that Slick. You've spent £100s of millions to put together the 'biggest and strongest squad in the country' (I'm not sure if you've still got the biggest floodlights in the land but I'm sure you'll tell me you have) and you're recycling the old 'concentrate on the league' bollox the Scousers normally churn out? How many more players do you need to concentrate on more than one trophy then?

Maybe habits don't change eh.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I never count my chickens Wayne, being a City fan has taught me that and if the Champs league was so easy you lot would have won a lot more of them.
    The league is and always has been a priority, lets just take one thing at a time.
  9. winrew

winrew GILF

Not a bad result at Anfield i suppose , still five points clear , Hart was the difference..
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Excellent result and great to come through the weekend with the 5 point difference intact
    The last 20 mins of the game was very difficult viewing and a loss could have opened the cracks which have been slowly developing over the last fortnight, hopefully City will now take heart from this game and build up some confidence again.
    City also looked a bit jaded in the last half hr or so, I should now imagine the full 2nd string will get a full run out on Tuesday with everyone of todays players rested.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

lol @ drawing United in the cup, what are the bleeding chances of that? and smack bang in the middle of the Liverpool games too.
    December and January's going to be a hell of a couple months for City fans, I'm hoping Yaya will be around for the early part of January b4 he buggers off to the African nations cup.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Smack in the middle of the Liverpool games you say? Hehe.
    I wouldn't worry to much, i'm sure we'll be struggling to get rid of Southend or Oldham at home at the same time.

7/1 City to win the FA Cup now, 10/1 Utd
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

10/1 United for the cup? :unsure

Fucking tempting
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Thats what i thought if they can get a draw at The Etihad and then back to OT
  15. mufcchampions

mufcchampions New Member

a thread about city?? bollocks. youve never done anything! its not even city, its dubai fc, bunch ov glory hunting bluenoses with there brand new hats and scarves! bet none of u shitty fans had a hat 4 years ago when u couldnt even finish in the top half of the league.. scrapping in a relegation battle! nowadays all u glory hunting cunts wearin ya new hats and scarves think ur the best team in the world! WHAT AV U WON?? the FA cup.. fuckin hell!! done well 4 yaselfs there boys. spent how much in the last 3years?? more than UNITED BARCA AND MADRID PUT 2GEVA!! still a bunch of overrated knobs in ur squad! the only reason u r still top of the league is because of KOMPANY AND JOE HART! and they came b4 the revolution. u even go and get HARGREAVES because u all know that u wud take anything from united u cud get ur hands on,, wunt be surprised if mansoor tried to buy jonny evans off us! he'd fuckin love it.. just wait til the end of the season when UNITED finish top and dubai fc get the cheque book out YET AGAIN!
    CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS!!!!
  16. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I love the way its written in cockney :unsure
    Punter likes this.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'd of said the same if it was a scouser that posted it Wayne.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

I've only got one thing to say .....

6-1 now fuck off!

I meet these daft cnuts on a regular basis Swoops even in Manchester, in 12 months time he'll be City fan.
  20. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Not sure I'd want him :lol