1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The most pathetic attempt at a scam?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seen, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

Got a phone call earlier...

foreign guy - "I'm ringing to tell you that your computer is not working properly..."

me - "eh?"

foreign guy - "...so if you switch your computer on I will take you through the steps on how to fix it..."

me - "err, what company are you from?"

foreign guy - "I'm from the company who you got your computer from. Please turn it on and I will fix it for you..."

me - "ffs"

:banghead:banghead:banghead
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm presuming he's ringing random numbers hoping to catch some senile OAP or a retard who panic, boot up their PC, and then proceed to give the helpful man on the phone their bank details so he can fix it.
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Just as well he didn't phone you on Saturday then, that senile OAP whose bum you were wiping while watching Dad's Army might have answered the phone for you.

Anyway, are you sure it was a foreign person, and not Joey Barton?
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

:thumb
  5. winrew

winrew GILF

He was quite reasonable actually , its all done by direct debit ...
  6. slick

slick Administrator

He couldn't do mine over the phone so he's coming round tomorrow to take it away and fix it in his workshop and if he can't fix it I'll get my £100 deposit back.
  7. beamer

beamer Moderator

They are genuine. They called me about enlarging my small cock, so their info is spot on. :moon

Got 13 calls in one day off the fuckers last week. Tried to bar the number but it's not possible.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

The wife's with that telephone preference service but we still get bombarded by the cnuts,They usually ask for somebody that doesn't live here then go onto enquire who I am, that's usually enough to get my back up and give them a mouth full. Doesn't stop the fcukers though.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

TPS have no power whatsoever to stop companies making marketing calls. reputable companies will agree to abide by the wishes of people who register that they don't want to receive sales calls. Of course your average fly-by -night wide boy scamming cunts aren't going to be agreeing to that. It's impossible to stop because the cunts who are calling you might not even be part of the company who are wanting to get your money but just ringing to get possible sales leads to pass on to them.

Best thing to do is leave them talking and go and make a cup of tea. At lead that's costing them money
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

They've given me tips for all the races at Chepstow tomorrow. Cheap it was
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

....if he'd have given me tips for the 137 races at Wolverhampton I'd happily have paid double
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Bastard....Chepstows next saturday :angry do you think they'll still win ?