1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Thick of It

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hotspur, Oct 21, 2012.

1. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Anyone here watch the 4th series of this which has just ended?

Its surely one of the greatest ever programmes on the BBC.

Stunningly well scripted and acted.

If anyone is going to watch it on iplayer I strongly suggest that you watch the 6th episode first as the only complaint I have about the programme is that I was very confused as to what they all do exactly.

Er,but now Im not.

Well,I AM,but thats part of the joke-what the fuck do these people actually do!?
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I love it but have because the BBC are such a bunch of useless bastards, I only spot it when it's halfway through a series and, unlike Sky1 and Atlantic and others, the BBC doesn't tend to repeat stuff. I'm not a big fan of iplayer so this was my first request for xmas - the box set (in fact, it's probably the only xmas present I've asked for in the last 10 years.

Looking forward to sitting down and going through the lot.

Malcolm Tucker has to be one of the greatest characters ever penned
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Never heard of it, what's it about?
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Politics. This man swears more than me. His reaction to a knock on the door was "Come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off"
    :lol

5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

6. slick

slick Administrator

Probably why I've not seen it, one mention of politics and thats me offskies.
    The same reason I have never watched 'yes prime minister' 'the west wing' and 'The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin'.
  7. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Don't think of it like that slick-just try to imagine Steve UK working in the same office-doing a well paid job-with ODM and ODM is his superior and bullying is endemic.

Then add 2 useless women,another 8 useless men with various faults,a token black guy and 1 attractive young relatively competent woman:thumb
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I don't have to imagine it Hotspur as it just sounds like where I work, you only missed the tranny out.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It's in the first line Slick
  10. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Didn't know you were a schoolteacher slick!
  11. slick

slick Administrator

I'm not as such but do work in Education and take the odd class here and there when needed. I could probably give them some belting story lines.