1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Trixie Bet

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by Punter, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

It's all about 3 doubles and a treble..

I'm out to win a ton :thumb

The guidelines..

Two or Three outcome, football markets only.

Odds must be evens or above, though if need be I will allow just one in @ 10/11 (1.91).

One to Two bets per week only, one weekend and one midweek (depending on number of fixtures).

Stake will be dictated by the odds. Each bet will be staked to make a clear £100 profit, should all 3 win.

That's about it.

Bet 1
    Hull City @ 6/4
    Sunderland DNB @ 9/4
    Portsmouth @ 6/4

£2.60 Trixie = £10.40
    Paddy Power.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I like it. Good luck mate. Think ill try something similar with the horses if u don't mind.

As there is less chance if two winners on the gee gees I might include three single bets to get some of my stake back though.

might be busy tonight so ill either do one for Friday or just do Saturday and Sunday this week.

Let's see if we can make a grand between us :thumb
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

and I keep typing if instead if of. I thought these fucking iPhones were supposed to adapt to your finger typing?
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Done it again :banghead
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

2nd thoughts sod the singles
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

good luck with this

I like the trixie bet

you know it good one when the bookies don't produce a special slip for it , my local betfred has a six foot poster of their lucky fifteen plus bonus offers in the window this week , got to be a crap bet if he's advertising it
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Thanks ODM, good luck with your horse Trixie.
    It's a tough one, deciding whether to put singles with them or not. I guess it depends what odds you are backing at?
    It would be an absolute must for me with my strike rate on the nags, there's no chance of me getting 2 up in the same bet lol.

I've just worked out that 3 winners all priced at 3/1 in a £5 Trixie returns £560. Two winners £80, not bad for £20 bet, as an example. And achievable too.

Cheers treath, I like the Trixie bet too. I also like permed trixies, 4 selections - 16 bets. That was my original thought for the thread but decided against in the end.
    I did hit this beaut in week 6 last season...

...and it got me thinking but how much of it was luck I don't know and I think just the straight forward Trixie is the way for me to play this season.
    I'm not sure how many trebles i'll hit? I'm not sure what realistic target to guess at, but while i'm not hitting them I've got to be firing in doubles regularly or i'm in for a loss.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck Punt, not done a Trixie or Yankie for yrs.
    I associate them with Horses and never seem to consider them when placing football bets.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick :thumb

Who's doing that 'Cashout' option? I would of cashed out at half time there.

£6.50 Returned.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bet 2
    Huddersfield Town @ 9/5
    Luton Town DNB @ 9/5
    Liverpool v Man Utd, Most goals first half @ 85/40

£2.25 Trixie = £9.00
    Bet Victor
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Returned £19.69

Total Staked to date: £19.40
    Total Returned to date: £26.19
  12. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I was intrigued by this comment traeth.

Im sure that what Im about to say is well known by all the experienced gamblers on here,thus its aimed at the younger/newer members.

If you are a profitable gambler then doing multiples will increase your profits.

It really is that simple!

If you are not profitable they will increase your losses.

The reason Betfred dont advertise trixies(or have a special slip for them) is not because they dont make money from them because obviously they do.

They just make more money from bigger multiples hence they advertise those.

Now,for the BUT....you just knew there was one coming didnt you? I may have been being a tad disingenuous when i said it was that simple:).

And once again I must stress that this is just aimed at new members/gamblers because we dont want anyone to get the wrong idea and lose money do we?

The 'but' is that the disadvantage of all multiples* is NOT that they are not more profitable(as Ive said) ,or indeed more

entertaining,but that they,

increase the chance of you losing your bank!

Now,in practise,what most bettors do is when they do multiples they bet lower stakes than when they are betting singles in order to compensate for the increased chance of going 'broke'.

And thus its actually impossible to tell just how good trixies or any other multiples are because you actually need to compare the actual return from the trixies with what would have been the actual return from the singles which remember would have been bet at higher stakes.

You will often find ,I submit,that ..........while the roi from trixies is higher......the actual profit in £ and pence would have been higher if the bets had all been singles!

(And where this is not the case is down mainly to the number of times during a season that all the selections have come in.)

Anyway,just felt the need to point that out for newbies.

I realise that threads like this are meant as a bit of fun but I thought that traeths comment needed explanation......

*except possibly in long-term markets in certain circumstances
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Christ, hotspur, don't you waffle on!

It's one of those weekends that's ruined by international football and there's nothing solid that I fancy. It's one of those weekends where I know I should leave the Trixie's alone but I had a decent bet come in for me last night and i'm just itching to have a bet today. I shouldn't but...

Bet 3
    Hartlepool @ 29/20
    Chester @ 10/11
    Bristol Rovers @ 5/2

£3.20 Trixie = £12.80
    Bet Victor
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

As I said, I should of left it alone last week. Not a single winner.

Total Staked to date: £32.20

Onwards and downwards...

Bet 4
    Luton @ 13/8
    Bristol Rovers @ 85/40
    Aberdeen @ 17/10

£2.50 Trixie = £10
    Bet Victor
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Just Aberdeen winning last week.

Total Staked to date: £42.20

I've got one for midweek, I'm going against the two teams I support though :ohwell

Bet 5
    Lincoln @ 15/8
    Luton @ 5/4
    Man Utd @ 6/5
    £3.75 Trixie = £15
    Bet Victor
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

£18.56 Returned

Total Staked to date: £57.20
    Total Returned to date: £44.75
  17. Punter