1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The week that was

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 24, 2017.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Peobably a relief for him Punter, if not for thise close to him

RIP
  2. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Sorry to hear that Punter, thoughts with you and all the family.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Sounds horrific Punt, Like ODM says probably the best thing that could have happened in the end.

You and yours have my thoughts and sympathy too.
    RIP.
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

sorry to hear your bad news
  5. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

My condolences
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Thanks all.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

My condolences to you and your family, mate.

If anyone has any good news ever, please feel free to post it up here. Seems to be bad news after bad news lately :frown
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I was just about to mention Brucie but I'll sack it now.
    It's times like this I miss Steveuk because he was in the know 24hrs before anybody famous died and never failed to tell us about it.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Wash your fucking mouth out
    Kegman likes this.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Well, we buried the brother in law today. There was a good turnout for him.
    Anybody been to a Humanist funeral before? It's what i'm going to have when i go. None of that hymn singing, praying to the lord bollocks. Just a realistic view on life and death. A non religious funeral.

I didn't get sack in the end either. I put my notice in and they said they wanted me to stay. I'm moving to a different department though. It means continental shifts and working every other weekend but it's an extra £2k a year.
    My ex boss faces his disciplinary tomorrow, i hope they sack the wife beating cunt but i doubt they will. He faces some very serious, proven charges though.

Anybody got £1.2M i can borrow? This place has come up for sale, this week. Situated 1000ft above sea level, it's the only place on the Malverns that has a view of both sides of the hill. In fact, on a clear day they claim you can see 7 different counties from there!....

https://jansedlacekphotography.smugmug.com/COMMERCIAL-PHOTOGALLERY-/Wycheway/n-D6NLt4/
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

£1.2m? Looks a snip at that price.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yeah, that's what i thought.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Wouldn't like to be the postman.

Can't say I've ever heard of a humanist funeral before either Punt but it does sound good, is it one of them where you're buried in a carboard box?
    I'm quite surprised nobody has been buried in a Jiffy bag yet.

Congratulations too on not getting the boot, hope the new change works out for you.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

As it happened he did get cremated in a cardboard coffin. Its what he wanted.

Cheers regarding the job too. Unfortunately he didn't get the boot but at least his staff wont get anymore shit. In fact, they can take the piss a bit now. They'll only have to mention HR and he'll shit himself.
    slick likes this.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Tell you the truth they could put me in the Recycling wheeley bin Punt and I wouldn't care.

Me Mam was a bit of a conservationist but left us no details of her burial plans because she had none, she didn't want to face the fact she was dying with cancer so planned her future as if she never had it, wouldn't even talk about dying because in her mind she wasn't, her optimism under the circumstances was unbelievable and inspirational, you couldn't even talk about her illness to her even when there was nothing left of her in the end.

When she did go none of us had a clue what she wanted, The family went to the undertakers and when it came to picking a coffin I noticed a 'wicker basket' type coffin, she would have been fine with that I thought but on the other hand thinking of her mates saying to each other 'look at these tight cnuts getting Mary buried on the cheap' :lol

As it happened the Wicker coffin was £400 notes more:eek than a traditional one and because Mam was getting cremated it was problem solved, traditional it was.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

£400 more?? Blimey.

The Bro in law's was cardboard with thick rope handles and supports. £300 cheaper. Like i said, it was his choice and fair play to him he wanted to leave the saving on that to his two nieces and nephew. Plus a few quid more he'd put by for them.
    slick likes this.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I became a grandfather last week.:). Little girl.
    Kegman, Topdog and Punter like this.
  18. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Funerals seems ridiculously expensive to me. You can't even die on the cheap these days. We've got a funeral insurance policy over here, most people do, presumably because of the fact the funeral has to be within 48 hours of death (unless there's an autopsy), you don't want to be messing around trying to organise things in such a short amount of time when trying to come to terms with the loss of a loved one.

Although my Mrs has been told that should we ever do away with the policy, I'm quite happy for her to tie a slab of concrete to my feet and chuck me off a bridge.

Congratulations on the granddaughter ODM :beer This is fast becoming an old timer's forum though. Never mind ads for the bookies, we'll be seeing ads for false teeth and Worthers Originals before long.
    Punter likes this.
  19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Actually, reading that back, I should probably clarify, I mean after my death. Not as soon as we do away with the policy. Just in case she's reading this :lol
    slick likes this.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Congratulations mate:beer