1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The week that was

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 24, 2017.

1. winrew

winrew GILF

Congratulations ODM. :beer
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Congratulations ODM. Brilliant news. Your first?
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yes mate
    Punter likes this.
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

Congrats, old cunt :)
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Further to my post in this thread http://betnod.com/threads/wet-the-whistle.1987/page-4#post-77417 I am attempting to lose some weight by the end of November and am using this thread to shame me into overcoming my pathetic lack of willpower.

I won't be quoting any actual weights but I'm gonna weigh myself in the morning (I know exactly what weight I'll be anyway) and then keep a track on this thread.

Anyone is free to join in and do the same but I don't intend it to be a competition, just an incentive to take some action.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Weighed myself this morning and was exactly what I expected to be. it's strange but i can junp on a set of scales and know within a pound what it's going to tell me based on what ive consumed that week.

i also know that if i do what i intend to do this week (im not on any dramatic crash diet or anything) that i will be 2 pounds lighter next Monday morning.
    Punter likes this.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

Good luck mate :thumb

I would join you but I like me food too much :)
    Punter likes this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck ODM. Dont be losing too much weight and disappearing... like Swoop' did.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Aye good luck ODM, you won't beat Howson though who lost 30kgs in a week and thought fcuk all of it.

We have some of those old post office parcel scales in work with a big clock like dial on the front, Me and Cleggy were weighing ourselves when Howson came along calling me a fat cnut.
    After a bit of banter I got on the scales weighing 82kg, then he got on and with my foot on the back of the scales pressing down the dial went up to 120kg, looking flummoxed he climbed off and back on again and I did the same thing again.
    "Fcuking muscle' he starts shouting lol, 'Fcucking muscle'.
    Fcuk off!! me and Cleggy said it's fcuking blubber.

We did it one more time the week after and same again, so more ribbing went on.

The week after that we got on the scales again, this time I didn't do anything so the dial went to about 90kg (his real weight so the fat cnut still weighs more than me) and he didn't bat an eyelid, daft sod put it down to healthy eating:lol
    rcgills and Seen like this.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well end of week one and I've managed to lose a sum total of.... fuck all.. Not a single pound. im on the piss all next weekend so will have to resort to excercise every day this week to try to achieve a reduction. Target is two pound by next Monday
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well end of week one and I've managed to lose a sum total of.... fuck all.. Not a single pound. im on the piss all next weekend so will have to resort to excercise every day this week to try to achieve a reduction. Target is two pound by next Monday
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm day 46 off the drink. I've gone from 74kg to 78kg :eek:

I've been on cake and chocolate as a replacement.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Take your wallet out of the back pocket ODM, that'll make you a few kg lighter.

Well done Punt, 46 days takes some doing I should imagine, I'd be happy with 46hrs.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've been in the pub 6 or 7 times since i stopped. Pint of Blackcurrant squash and ice, every time. There have been moments when i want to cave, Friday night is the worst, but in the main I'm spending £2.40 instead of £35.
    I dont miss the hangovers or wasted days and i've been getting up earlier.
    Not sure how much longer i'll last but i'll definitely do 50 days.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Hats off to you Punt. I'm looking at my diary and wondering if I can even get one weekend off the beer between now and 6th of January. It's frightening. More frightening is my pathetic lack of willpower.

My best chance looks like being the weekend after next so I'll try my best to aim for that.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Weighed myself this morning and was a pound lighter than when I kicked off last week which picked me up slightly. Will have to see what the scores on the doors are next week
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

I need glasses FFS.

Went for a few frames of snooker tonight, Riley's, Worcester, my first time in the place and my first time with a cue since January. I was shit. Long shots, balls were blurred.
    What confirmed me needing glasses, i needed a piss, pretty sure the sign was gents but i ended up having one in the ladies. Wondered why there was no trough.

Bro in law got the fireworks sorted this week, the pair of us are big kids for them...

Capture.PNG

That big one on the bottom there.. High Impact, lasts for 4 minutes. 244 shots. BOOOOM!!!!....

slick likes this.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Don't be surprised if MI5 turn up, you have enough ammo there to create a Caliphate.
    Punter likes this.