1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The week that was

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 24, 2017.

1. slick

slick Administrator

One for Komp b4 bed...
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bit of a shit start to the week. We had to have our cat put down last night :cry

I didn't think it would get to me too much as we wern't always best of pals, but i'm choked.

The family pet for 16 yrs. Obviously the Mrs and youngest are devastated. I had to bury her this morning. We'll never have another cat again, it just wouldn't be the same.

In better news, my eldest has sent off adoption forms today so i could be a grandad again this time next year.. They're trying for a girl this time.
    rcgills, slick and Topdog like this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Sorry to hear that Punt, I still get upset when I think of my dog that got put down at Christmas, more so when i come home from work and open the door and still think she's there to greet me, the silence when I walk in the door takes some getting used to.

They're fcuking pests when here with us lol but solely missed when they've gone.

Good luck with the adoption too mate and I wish them all the best of luck.
    Punter likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Actually last week my daughters boyfriends parents went away and they were left to mind their two dogs (also jack russels) and when I came back from the pub last weekend she had brought them back to my house reservedly because she didn't know how I would react.

I was over the moon and they stayed a couple of days and took a shine to me even getting in my bed lol and kipping with me after the first night.
    It made me realise though by the time they went back home what fcuking hard work they are and I won't be getting another dog anytime soon:lol
    Punter likes this.
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Sorry to hear about your cat, Punter, and your dog too Slick (remember seeing a few posts from you in the past about how she was struggling, but think I must've missed the one when you had her put down).
    Punter and slick like this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Ha! Did i mention i fell out with my gaffer last year, we both got a written warning, i refused to work with him ever again and got moved to a different department?
    Well they sacked him today :lol:clap Prick grabbed a female member of staff by the throat.
    32k a year and 80k DICS money gone in one temper :lol:lol

I dont normally enjoy sackings but this one is a brilliant start to my week.
    Topdog and rcgills like this.
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Great news Punt. I may be a touch sick, but always enjoyed watching these sorts clear out their desk. I feel that these types eventually get what's coming to them, but the odd one always squirms out of it.
    Punter likes this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, i was beginning to think he'd made a bloody good living by being a complete arsehole and making people miserable for the rest of his days but he got what he deserved. He's 54 and fucked now.
    I've worked factory and warehouse floors for over 35 yrs and he was by far the nastiest wanker i'd ever had for a department leader.
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Despite being all this and probably worse, I assume he had his share of cohorts / boot lickers ?
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yeah they always do dont they. Even they turned against him in the end though and one of them was one he grabbed by the throat.

It makes me happy that it doesn't matter who their next boss is, i know that there are seven people in the warehouse department who are going to be much happier at work.
    SAMOAN likes this.
  12. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

The perils of being loyal to a complete arse.
    Punter likes this.
  13. Seen

Seen Moderator

Nice one mate. Usually these wankers get away with their shit so it's good to hear this one's got his comeuppance.
    SAMOAN and Punter like this.