The week that was

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 24, 2017.

1. slick

slick Administrator

One for Komp b4 bed...
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bit of a shit start to the week. We had to have our cat put down last night :cry

I didn't think it would get to me too much as we wern't always best of pals, but i'm choked.

The family pet for 16 yrs. Obviously the Mrs and youngest are devastated. I had to bury her this morning. We'll never have another cat again, it just wouldn't be the same.

In better news, my eldest has sent off adoption forms today so i could be a grandad again this time next year.. They're trying for a girl this time.
    rcgills, slick and Topdog like this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Sorry to hear that Punt, I still get upset when I think of my dog that got put down at Christmas, more so when i come home from work and open the door and still think she's there to greet me, the silence when I walk in the door takes some getting used to.

They're fcuking pests when here with us lol but solely missed when they've gone.

Good luck with the adoption too mate and I wish them all the best of luck.
    Punter likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Actually last week my daughters boyfriends parents went away and they were left to mind their two dogs (also jack russels) and when I came back from the pub last weekend she had brought them back to my house reservedly because she didn't know how I would react.

I was over the moon and they stayed a couple of days and took a shine to me even getting in my bed lol and kipping with me after the first night.
    It made me realise though by the time they went back home what fcuking hard work they are and I won't be getting another dog anytime soon:lol
    Punter likes this.
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Sorry to hear about your cat, Punter, and your dog too Slick (remember seeing a few posts from you in the past about how she was struggling, but think I must've missed the one when you had her put down).
    Punter and slick like this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator