1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Wonderful Combo' bet (Football)

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by Punter, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm going to try and stick with this one at weekends, mainly because it's an affordable stake, it gives me lots of games to shout at and it gives me a squeek at a decent payout.
    I'll have to throw at least one at biggish odds in every bet to make it worthwhile. I'll need 5 up for around my stake back, 8 or 9 up and out comes the cigar.

I'll update any weekly returns but probably wont bother with the running total because win or lose i'm always going to have a go at the weekend coupon, i'm just playing it like this..

9 Selections
    126 x 10p Four Folds
    9 x 20p Eight Folds
    1 x 60p Accumulator
    Total £15 Staked.

Liverpool @ 2/7
    Everton @ 13/5
    C.Tevez, anytime scorer @ 5/4
    D. Murphy, anytime scorer @ 12/1
    Leicester @ 11/10
    Preston @ 23/20
    Sheff Wed @ 11/10
    Shrewsbury @ 5/4
    Motherwell @ 6/5
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck Punt , you're a braver man than I am as there's a couple of bets there I wouldn't touch and I think you're being shortchanged with Tevez as he'll probably play 30 mins max if he gets on but who knows, I hope they all come in for you m8.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick, i've got to admit i dont fancy anything too strongly this week (the reason i've not bothered sticking anything up in the divisional threads), but it's the weekend, the horse racing looks naff and i've got to have a bet :)

There was some 6/4 about Tevez scoring, even if he only gets 10 minutes i fancy him to score one tomorrow.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

£19.24 Returned

Four winners and two void giving me 15 four folds up. I'm a bit surprised there, i was expecting to see a return of about £3.50 ish. Both Tevez and Murphy didnt start but came on as subs, i thought that qualified them as losing bets? But Hills have classed them as void. Mistake or do all bookies go by this?
    Murphy had a clear pen ffs! But what was i thinking, i should know by now you just dont get them at OT.

I'm a bit gutted that Bury equalised with the very last kick of the game at Preston now too, that would of given me another 20 four folds up, 35 in total, but i also have to admit that Liverpool are really really really really really really shit and i wont be backing them at odds on ever again.

I'll have another crack at it this weekend.
  5. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

yep that's a mistake Punter, I take it you put it on in the shop? they'll probably have put it in the system as a FG bet, did they both come on after the first goal?
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

I thought so Pete, but i'm sure it's not the first time that's happened to me this season. Both came on after the first goal was scored but whether that's got anything to do with it i dont know. The bet was placed online.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Good stuff Punt, a profit's a profit no matter how you look at it, deffo mistake though on the anytime scorers you lucky git lol.
    Everton was a cracking shout as I was confident Swansea would roll them over considering they had their FA cup quarter final replay tonight and the winner plays Liverpool, i thought Moyes would have rested most of his team in anticipation.
  8. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Aye if a player comes on after the first goal then he's a NR for first goal so that's what happened - just mind and keep an eye on it incase the error is ever not in your favour ;)
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

I had to take Everton at that price Slick, Swansea have been great at times this season but i thought it would be close and that the blue shite had a chance, i was surprised by that price and it was a value call for me, as are Stoke at Wigan this weekend, BetVictor are 15/8 for the away!
    Nice going with IKTS btw, i see you're right back in it now after a few good weeks :thumb

I'm not sure how an error could go against me there though Pete, if they dont start before the first goal is scored then it's void, but if they come on and score they pay out?
  10. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

if they come on and score and its in their system as a void, or if they are one from the start and in the system as FG and score the second
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm sure they'd pay it/unvoid it in their system if it came in Pete? No?

No goalscorer bet this week anyway....

Villa - Chelsea to Draw @ 27/10
    Stoke @ 9/5
    Newcastle 1 -1 Liverpool @ 11/2
    Cardiff @ 10/11
    Leicester @ 6/5
    MK Dons v Brentford to draw @ 11/4
    Charlton @ 1/2
    Celtic @ 4/11
    Cowdenbeath @ 8/13
  12. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Not unless you point it out, the average cashier won't notice
    Punter likes this.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Last weeks coupon can only be described as dogshit.

Onwards..

Newcastle @ 85/40
    Fulham @ 9/5
    Millwall - Hull Draw @ 23/10
    N.Forest @ 4/5
    C.Morrison, anytime scorer @ 11/8
    Sheff Utd @ 7/10
    Aldershot @ 21/20
    Swindon @ 20/23
    Rangers @ 2/5
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

5 right but not big enough odds to get my stake back, £9.79 returned

Another go with the 2nd set of games this easter weekend..

Fulham - Chelsea Draw @ 12/5
    Everton - Sunderland Draw @ 12/5
    Leicester @ 15/8
    Middlesborough @ 19/10
    N.Forest @ 15/8
    Sheff Wed @ 1/2
    Brentford @ 8/5
    Southend @ 4/5
    Liverpool @ 21/20

I'm going to name the best and shame the worst bookie accumalative odds for each bet whenever possible, just for interest.

Best accumlative odds. BetVictor @ 4000/1
    2nd best, Corals @ 3591/1
    2nd worst, Hills @ 2501/1
    Worst, Betfred @ 2368/1
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

5 x 4folds up with a game to go. Liverpool could treble my stake later but i've gone off their chances since i backed them.
    With that in mind i've layed £10 of the profit off @ 2.16
  16. slick

slick Administrator

:crossfingers Punt
    also a wise move in laying and minimising any losses.

The number of times I've told a few of the lads in work to open a Betfair account to lay their stakes when needed as they all liike to do full season accies on various leagues and a majority of the time are quids in come Chrimbo but they don't listen.
    Saying that half the time when I've explained a betfair account to them and by the looks of their faces you'd have thought I was talking about quantam physics.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Well done Punt, It was squeaky bum time in the Pool game but they come through for you.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick, I was out my chair when that Carroll goal went in, i even gave it a one man Poznan with my back to the telly :embarassed

6 up last time....
    £46.25 Returned
    -£10 lay
    £36.25
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

This weekends slip..

Darron Gibson, anytime scorer @ 6/1
    Man City @ 8/15
    Burnley @ Evs
    Brentford @ 5/4
    Preston @ 12/5