1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The World's Full Of Tarts !

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by beamer, Aug 18, 2011.

1. beamer

beamer Moderator

I watched the documentary of Mallory's attempts to conquer Everest last night and how his body was found in recent years. They tried to recreate the actual event wearing the same clothes, equipment, etc.

Found it interesting, but my admiration for these modern day climbers vanished instantly when I found out:
    [​IMG]

They have a fukin ladder for the hardest bit and drive half way in a jeep !

What's next ? An elevator.

Cheating bastards.

beamer
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I've allready climbed Evertest twice in a helicopter.
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Bet you didnt think you'd find that out today, did you
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I hope you're not expecting half these numbnuts to get that Swoops:unsure
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Well, as we're still new there's less numbnuts than usual so i thought I'd chance my arm for a decent percentage

No?

:cold
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

I got it Swoops, it's that advert isn't it, with the bloke that my mrs fancies.

Living alongside the Malvern Hills, with a highest peak of 1,394 ft, that puts me in awe of Everest at 29,029 ft. Approx 15 times taller, fcuk.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I'm not getting involved:thinking
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

You're too easily impressed Punter. According to Wikipedia, the base camp of Everest's Southeast Ridge is around 17,700 feet above see level so from there to the top is only eleven thousand odd feet which I'm sure you'll agree is fuck all. A mere Sunday stroll with the whippet to walk off the Sunday dinner.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Impressive, I'd like to be stood at the base of one of them one day, but that's as high as i'd like to go. A mate of mine has just climbed Kilmanjaro but i've yet to see him since he got back.

As for the Malverns i think they should have a big 'Hollywood' like sign on them. But Malvern.

"Welcome to Malvern" "What's your dream" "Everybody who comes to Malvern's gotta dream"