1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

They're all a load of bankers..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Steve_uk, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Don't the bankers get it? Not two years since a Louisiana man missed one month's mortgage payment and plunged the world into the worst recession since the 1930s they are at it again. This morning I received notification from Sainsbury's that their new credit card was available to me at a whopping 16.94%...it doesn't take a genius to work out that when interest rates are 0% the banks are making staggering profits at our expense. The television is full of it too,with Johnny Ball talking to us as if we're two year olds advertising the latest gimmick..then there's those emotionally blackmailing "can't pay for your funeral ads let us help" from Michael Parkinson,June Whitfield,Frank Winsor et al..

Of course all capitalist economies need a thriving banking sector and Gordon Brown was happy to take the profits whilst they were booming,but as we now own some of them couldn't some of their working practices be modified to prevent us all from getting into debt again? Or are we going to experience another Wall Street Crash when people have got back into a routine,and learnt nothing from the past..
  2. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

isnt it the debt we own rather than the banks?

we bought the debt, they get to trade freely again, they eventually pay us back.. thought that was the plan
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I always thought you were Slick, Steve.....but unless that c & p'd that is not Slick :unsure
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I always thought Steve was a bot.
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I always thought Slick was a botty boy :lol

:leaving

Sorry boss, mate, pal........
  6. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

steves posts do read a bit spammy/bloggy
  7. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

You may be right. The beef I have with the bankers is they sold mortgages,life insurance cover,protection plans etc to individuals who they must have known would struggle to cope,but as long as they got their commission then stuff the consequences.Apologies if the thread sounded amateurish..I opened my mail this morning and just let off steam when I saw these marketing ploys were on the increase again. As for cut and paste,I'm the 0-Level generation,and none of us know how to do that..
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

C & p'd mate, the younger generation use it :lol
  9. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

no need to over-complicate your thoughts on this one, its easier just to state that WE'RE FUCKED. end of.

wasnt just the bankers fault, almost everybody should share the blame, it wasnt the banks who felt the need to prove their worth in life by buying second cars, houses, giant flatscreens etc. the issue now has to be that the bankks arent footing their share of the bill.
  10. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

occupy wall street claiming 23 people so far today have been arrested for closing their bank accounts :lol