1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Things that make you realise you're an old cnut

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Apr 30, 2016.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I've just read a news article and it referred to 'Jude Law' as a 'He', and on further reading an actor.
    When for donkeys yrs I presumed Jude Law was a female pop singer.

No doubt he's been in plenty of things I've watched because I'm a bit of a telly addict, but unless they wear footy boots I'm shite with names.

It never used to be like this lol.
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

When it takes more than 6 seconds to scroll down to your year of birth when filling in online forms.:frown
    winrew and slick like this.
  3. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

When it's no longer thirty years of hurt but fifty years of increasing indifference
  4. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

What is the fascination of Betnod as I peer through a portiere to witness a pastiche of Van Gogh's Night Café and the Poker Night scene from Tennessee Williams' Streetcar Named Desire, with ODM as Marlon Brando, Colbro as Jude Law and Punter and Winrew completing the canvas as seed-bearers in seersucker pants and bowling shirts, though all too susceptible to gerontification and neurasthenia as I replace the curtain and return to an indistinct though established solitude.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'll just leave this there for anyone who attempts to read the above post

http://www.dictionary.com/

:thumb
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Colbro's done well there you ask me :unsure
    Punter likes this.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

You've got me spot on their Steve, apart from the way i dress. I'm too cool for seersucker pants and bowling shirts.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

When you read that Blondie is 71 (seventy-one) today....

:eek :frown
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

No way!

She was my first wet dream.

Victoria Principle was my 2nd.
  10. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

11. slick

slick Administrator

Wow, Seens just confirmed I'm an old cnut.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Suppose you could say the same thing about Helen Mirren apart from nobody had ever heard of her until she was about 60:lol

I used to work with this ex soldier who was a staunch royalist (Bills dead now god bless his soul) and he came into my office pleased as punch talking about how Helen Mirren had nailed the part of the Queen in the film of the same name.

I said 'did she get her tits out?' , the old bastard ranted and raved about why on earth would the queen get her tits out until he realised I was taking the piss out of Mirren :lol