1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Thinking of opening a Stan James account - Don't!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ONEDUNME, Mar 11, 2012.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

lol I hear you bro
    Jezza likes this.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

Before anyone states the obvious, I know fine well that no-one of any importance at 888sport will ever read my email, but I sent it anyway...

888sport.JPG
    slick and Punter like this.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol

That's the most annoying thing about being banned I reckon. Getting their promotional emails and listening to their adverts about what a great bookmaker they are.

Stan and James? Whoever thought up that shitty fucking advertising slant needs to be slapped with a whale dick.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

:lol @ Seen.
  5. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

I was done on 888sport before I even started. Was working my way through the bets to get the £88 bonus and had to stop after about 5 bets, where stakes were reduced to about 50p on anything.

Bet 365 and Skybet each took about 18 months and it came in stages. First it was no more mobile offers, then it was no more email codes, then it was no more price boosts before eventually being told to fuck off. I've no problem with it at all, theyre there to make money at the end of the day the same as us, at least they gave me a good go at it unlike 888sport.

I don't know if theyve changed their ways or not but Skybet used to change prices on the daily greyhound races about 30-40 seconds after everyone else, who would only ever change them after something on Betfair starts taking money. Often on favorites you were getting 9/4, 5/2, 11/4 etc on 7/4 shots.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Sky restricted me long ago. Makes me angry every time I hear about their wanky "free bet club"
  7. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

Their free bet club was great for me at one point, over the course of the 18 months I was doing the bet £5 get £5 free I ended up about £200 up for no effort. I was simply picking the 5 highest priced over2.5 bets on offer each Saturday and then the following Tuesday with the free bet I would do their 4 highest priced over2.5 games. Over one full season there were £150 spent on £300 worth of bets, jammily made way more than than the £150 but they were throwaway bets I was making every Saturday anyway, if I'd lost them all I wouldnt have cared.

It wasnt until I started abusing their crappy betting platforms slow price movements that they chucked me out. Now I'm doing the same thing with Ladbrokes, enter the code TICKET every week and bet £10 on any football double and get £5 free when its settled, given this is my 3rd Ladbrokes account I'm not overly optimistic on my chances of keeping it for an entire season collecting £150 worth of free bets but we'll see how it goes.

As I said before I've no problem at all with bookies closing down accounts, you better fucking believe I'd be doing the same if it was my money on the line.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I have not problem with bookies closing down long term winning accounts. It's the logical thing to do (although I do object to the cunts calling themselves bookmakers when they're shit scared to actually take a bet on). There are two bookies (who I won't name) who I've built up four figure profits with in a season who haven't banned me. In order to avoid getting banned I've deliberately tried to manipulate those accounts to reduce my balance (eg by betting with them at long odds when trying to edge a bet that I have on elsewhere, such as backing England at a huge price as a hedge when my main bet is on India and avoiding backing short priced bets that I strongly fancy with them). As a result, both balances came down - effectively, they got their money back.

I would like to speak to the cunts at Stan James who make the decisions and ask them what their logic was in closing a long term losing account. Some cunt over there is losing them money.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Are there any odds restrictions on that double bet by the way?
  10. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

Reading the thing they sent me it says the minimum odds for the double has to be evens.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Thanks mate