1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

This may look sexist, but....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by swooperman, Mar 7, 2013.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21496566

Fucking fair play. She knew exactly what she was doing, & although she started off the wronged party she certainly didnt end it that way
  2. winrew

winrew GILF

Good enough for her , a woman scorned etc etc , blew up in her face big style , and shes supposed to be a highly intelligent person , its seems not ...
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

What did she really expect ? him to lose everything and her to get if with a warning.

Fair play I say.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I hope they get stripped of everything they own.

Tbh it's another story in todays news that's fucked me off far more than the two mentioned above. That poor lass that jumped on the bus to go to school and was stabbed to death..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-21697693

Fucking sickening, pisses me right off. I wish they'd bring back the death penalty, with torture thrown in for cunts like this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

The 'Bedroom tax' fcuked me off more Punt tell the truth, I know where you're coming from and agree with the 'death penalty' for twat's like that etc but I have a feeling the 'Bedroom tax' is going to cause mayhem and have people taking to the streets like the poll tax did.

Trying to evict the poorest people in our society from their houses is just a step too far for me, not to mention the people who have just come in off a boat expected to fill their place, it's wrong on all fronts especially when the government has paid billions bailing out banks with taxpayers money without our say so.
    I know where my money would rather go.

I know the benefits system is flawed but in today's climate even after paying tax all my life, I know I could easily find myself on it at the bat of an eyelid because job's are like treading on egg shell's these days.

On further reading today, I also spotted that 'rent' is now going to be paid directly to the 'tenant', which will no doubt be used to pay the shortfall of the bedroom tax, or even worse be injected or pissed up the wall by drug abusers in the pretext of them falling in arrears and having them evicted to free up more space.

IMO we are going backwards not forwards, It won't be long until those old Victorian stories start to become a reality again.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bedroom tax? I've heard it mentioned a few times but without reading up on it i thought it was just bollocks talk about something to wind folks up?? Bedroom tax?? Wtf? Is it for real?
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Me too Punt, but It's very real....and starts next month.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/08/human-cost-of-bedroom-tax
  8. beamer

beamer Moderator

It's a cast iron money making scheme Punt.

Every time you now shag the neighbours wives you pay a straight fiver in tax.

If you shag Slick's you do get a rebate of course. :cry
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Oooh... i can see you ending up in his woodburner for that comment!
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It may be a fiver for you beamer but I think you'll find that it's actually a pound per inch.

Good news for Punter:thumb
    Punter likes this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Dont go believing everything your wife tells you :thumb
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Primary school :lol

sounds a bad tax, & reminds me not to go back into debt collecting any time soon. Bad example for that article though, Bushbury? Its on the edge of Low Hill, had some bad times on there.
    Not sure how there all going to protest either Slick, sounds like they're all giving up their bus passes so they can't get there :unsure
  13. beamer

beamer Moderator

The Bedroom tax is another case of the small minority spoiling it for the majority.

It seems a few are happy to live off benefits, then take the piss and sub-let the spare room.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I don't like to get involved in political debate but, as I know pretty much everything about most things I feel the need to educate those less intellectually blessed than myself (ie you lot)

Swoops, you are wrong because the people will riot.

Beamer, you are missing the point of the tax which on the face I it sounds reasonable but in reality will be less so, is to stop the tax payer from paying for a couple to live in one bedroom in a four bedroom house when there's not enough four bedroom houses for people who need them.

As ever the implementation is fucked up which means that if you are a family who have lived for 18 years with two kids in a three bedroom house and one joins the army and the other goes to uni for 3 years they want you to move to a one bedroom house which is crazy.
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I agree that Beamers point is not what its aimed at, & ODM's point is. I don't think there will be enough groundswell of opinion against it, even though my remark was quite obviously tongue in cheek, but I will admit that there is similarities in the poll tax wherein it affects those on benefits more. Poll tax those on benefits paid 20% (or was it 10% :unsure ) whereas both the preceding rates & the following council tax they didnt. So I can see the similaries, whereas I'm not sure I see the support. Recession then though as well......hmm, maybe
  16. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Where this analogy proves the idea is fucked up is that you could take that 4 bed house off a family, give it to someone else only to need to take it off them 3 years later for the same reasons. Probably not the army though, unless Argentina have a bit of 'a bloke thinking the birds playing hard to get' theory on this Falklands Referendum.... Irelands kicking off again though, come to think of it
  17. beamer

beamer Moderator

The point is housing benefit has gone mental over the last 10 years for a variety of reasons. There is no quick fix and I'm no fan of the new "tax", but something has to be done.

I could probably raise at least thirty different issues regarding housing benefit, but finding realistic solutions isn't easy.

From a personal point of view, I do contract maintenance work on 138 properties and over 110 are under occupied and all are going to pay the "tax". Most of the tenants I've spoken too haven't any gripe apart from one.

I realise it can be heartbreaking to have a move forced upon you, but many private owners have had to downsize for economical reasons.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's an excellent point. I'm surprised that you've only had one gripe beamer because the attitude of many on benefits seems to me to be one of "the world owes me a living" or to be more accurate "the country should be looking after me" regardless of what's happening in the world around them. Times are fucking hard generally and just because some of them have had it good for a long time doesn't mean that they can't do their bit towards contributing to get the country back on its feet.

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush here - just saying I know of many people who fit that description. There are always gong to be stories of people who are wronged by a wide-sweeping policy like this and those are the stories that are going to be picked up and spun by the propaganda merchants as a reason for the whole thing to be chucked out. I may be wrong Swoops and you may be right but I think that there are enough people suffering at the moment to jump on the ante-campaign and even take to the streets.
    Colbro likes this.
  19. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

am i supposed to feel sorry for the people in that bbc link?:lol

all the unemployed ones are lazy cunts, nobody should be unemployed for years at a time and expect anything from the state. that woman moaning about her veg is a bit of a piss taker, id love to grow my own veg but the reality is its too expensive. shes had 30 years there, which wouldve included an awful long time where it was dirt cheap just to buy the house outright if she was that bothered about it.

same goes for all of them really.

if they had any brains they would just tell the council they were converting to islam and needed a prayer room :thumb
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

This is just the start Swoops

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21815636

Thousands have been demonstrating in a series of cities against government plans to cut housing benefit for those considered to have too much space.
    Protests against the plan - labelled the "bedroom tax" by Labour - have been held in 52 towns and cities, including Manchester and London.
    Organisers said between 12,000 and 13,000 people turned out.
    The government's welfare changes are due to come in in April and are expected to affect 660,000 people.
    Those deemed to have a spare room in their council or housing association home will have their housing benefit claims reduced by £40-£80.
    The protests' national organiser, Éoin Clarke, said: "This is a cruel policy that primarily hits single parents, and the adult disabled.
    "Even children deemed disabled but not 'severely' so, are affected. Carers, the terminally-ill, battered wives and husbands are all affected.
    Continue reading the main story
    HOW WILL THE CHANGES WORK

• The new rules will affect housing benefit, which is paid to less well-off tenants to help with rent. Typically claimants receive between £50 and £100 a week.
    • From next month, families deemed to have too much living space by their local authorities will receive a reduced payment.
    • Under the government's so-called "size criteria", families will be assessed for the number of bedrooms they actually need.
    • If tenants are deemed to have one spare room, the amount of rent eligible for housing benefit will be cut by 14%. If they have two or more spare rooms, the cut will be 25%.
    • The government estimates that 660,000 households will have their benefit cut, roughly a third of social sector claimants. Only those of working age will see reduced payments.

"Soldiers living in single accommodation or indeed foster parents with more than one foster child are hit, despite the government's talk of a U-turn.
    "There are times in history when people must stand together in defence of common decency - that time has come."