1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Three goals down

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Colbro, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

How many times have teams come back from being three goals (or more) down in 90 mins to win a game

So there was Ecuador against Australia this week

Also I can remember Tranmere against Southampton , Man City v Spurs , Portugal v North Korea (1966 WC) Austria v Switzerland (1954 WC) ( I had to google the last one)

Are there any others ?
    Punter likes this.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Didn't United do it against Spurs the other year? Maybe not
  3. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Yeah quite sure united were 3-0 down and won 5-3 away, Erm didnt tottenham do it in the cup think it was tottenham 3-0 down man sent off and won 4-3?
  4. slick

slick Administrator

The City v Spurs game is etched in my mind forever; more so for dickhead Barton getting sent off and Anelka asking to come off because he didn't fancy the embarassment of what he thought was to come; shows how much he knew about typical city lol, twas also Macken's best game for us.

I remember the United game because I was laffing like fcuk at my brother who's a red but in those day's it wasn't a surprise to see them come back and win and he had the last laugh in the end.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the greatest 3 goal comeback of all time which was Liverpool's or should I say Gerrard against Milan in the Champs league final. OK it might not have been over 90 mins but the way the Milan players walked off at half time laughing thinking it was wrapped up will also stick with me forever.

That's a great question Colbro and off the top of my head I can't think of any more, but then again I'm half cut.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Your brothers a red Slick? You must of fallen out over the years!
  6. slick

slick Administrator

I've got three brothers Punt and they're all red plus my Dad, the old fella used to take us to old trafford every week but he couldn't kid me lol.

I went home one night and said who do you support 'Mam'; she replied 'City' and that was it for me, it made my mind up to be a City fan for my mam's sake against a house full of reds.
    later on when my sister was born she also became a blue which made it a near 50/50 split in the Slick household, but that was a lot later on.

I hold the advantage though because I've always been a blue where as my other brothers in turn have supported leeds, Liverpool and Forest the glory hunting cnuts.
    That's not as bad as it sounds tell the truth because it's always given me a leeway when the bastards have been trying to take the piss over the years.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Haha that's great. Are they Chelsea fans these days?

I've got 3 brothers too, one supports Hereford, one supports Liverpool and the other couldn't give two shits about football.
  8. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

9. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

:thinking

10. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

hey,great song. I actually bought that as a single

:embarassed :unsure
  11. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

Coventry v Nots forest in the league cup about 1990. 4-0 to one of the teams ht and the other came back to win 5-4
  12. kompressaur

a here it is
  13. kompressaur

actually i was wrong wasnt i on a few accounts. 4-2 ht to coventry and they eventuay won 5-4 so it doesnt reallly count. soz
  14. kompressaur

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...m-after-Arsenals-epic-7-5-win-at-Reading.html
  15. kompressaur

16. kompressaur

http://footballspeak.com/post/2012/02/14/Footballs-greatest-ever-comebacks.aspx
  17. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

18. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

What the heck - here is Australia losing after being 3-0 up at half time