1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ThunderCelt's L2 Anteposts

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by ThunderCelt, May 28, 2012.

1. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

100 units on Aldershot to be relegated at 8/1. I think we'll pull away eventually :crossfingers but at the moment our support generally agree that we're in the bottom two very much on merit. We've got three very difficult games coming up (Gillingham, Rotherham, Southend) so I'd assume things will get worse before they get better. If I'm right, there should be some decent hedging opportunities coming up.

BetVic's 8/1 is well out of line - the next best is 6/1. While I don't think we'll go down, I do think the 8/1 is on the generous side.
  2. ThunderCelt

31 units Cheltenham top 7 finish at Vic's 9/4. The reasoning is that me, hotspur and Punter all seem to think it's value.
    Punter likes this.
  3. ThunderCelt

...and if I had a Corals account (I don't, which will change at some stage) I'd also have a nibble at their standout 7/1 for Dagenham to go down.
  4. ThunderCelt

40 pts on Gillingham to win at the general 7/2. It's largely a hedge, but also it's probably not bad for a side three points clear at this stage of the season.
  5. ThunderCelt

30 units on BetVic's 'Best of the relegated teams' Rochdale, at a generous looking 4/1. (The others are Chesteerfield, Exeter and Wycombe.) Not a highly likely winner, but I don't think 4/1 either. I've have it at around 5/2 or 3/1
  6. ThunderCelt

30 more points on Gillingham at the general 7/4 - simply because they and Port Vale are pulling away.
  7. ThunderCelt

I was going to keep my powder dry for a few weeks as I'm using my bank quicker than I would have liked, but I can't ignore Hills' standout 2/1 for Gillingham to come first (Bet365 are as low as 11/10). 30 units. (Edit - very quickly come into 6/4 now.)
  8. ThunderCelt

100 points Wimbledon to be relegated at the general 7/4. They look like being there or thereabouts and have a couple of losable games coming up so may will be shorter by Christmas.
  9. ThunderCelt

Here's a roundup of where I am to date.

Winner -
    100 units on Rotherham (4/1).
    45 units on Fleetwood (10/1)
    100 units on Gillingham (various prices returning 353 units)
    At the moment it's Gillingham with the other two fading. Showing a profit at the moment, but may have to hedge on Port vale and Cheltenham which'll bite into it.

Promotion:
    10 units Accrington at 20/1
    20 units Aldershot at 15/1
    30 units on Bradford at 5/1
    At the moment Bradford are the only side anywhere near and unless they run away with auto promotion this section is unlikely to break even.

Top 7 finish
    31 units on Cheltenham at 9/4
    :)

Top relegated team
    30 units Rochdale at 4/1
    'Dale have fallen away recently so it looks like bets on Chesterfield and/or Exeter in due course and maybe a small loss on the section.

Relegated
    100 units Barnet at 4/1
    80 units Dagenham at 3/1
    100 units Aldershot at 8/1 :cry
    100 units Wimbledon at 7/4
    It's looking very close at the bottom and I doubt I've finished here yet. But I do seem to have got the teams at decent prices so I'm hopeful of a profit.

Season match bet
    25 units 4/5 Aldershot to beat Wimbledon
    Losing at the moment, but could still go either way.

Top scorer
    10 units (20 overall) 15/1 EW Rene Howe (Torquay)
    I've given up on this. He started well but ain't scored for ages now. But it always was speculative.

At the moment if the league finished now it'd be an overall profit but with half a season to go I'm not counting chickens.
    Punter likes this.
  10. ThunderCelt

10 units Wycombe top relegated team, BetVic, 25/1
  11. ThunderCelt

Jamie Cureton (Bristol R) 30 units (60 total) 6/1 Each Way top scorer (1,2,3, 1/4 odds).

More in hope than expectation of runaway top scorer Tom Pope getting a move to a bigger club in the window. Cureton is sort of on his own in second and at age 37 seems unlikely to go to a higher division. Either way, could be an Each Way steal.
  12. ThunderCelt

50 units Rotherham to be promoted, evens, Bet365.
  13. ThunderCelt

50 units Exeter to be promoted, 7/2, BetVic
    20 Units Oxford to be promoted, 10/1, BetVic
  14. ThunderCelt

200 units Port Vale Champions, 17/10 Paddy
  15. ThunderCelt

100 units, Exeter top relegated club, 10/11 BetVic
  16. ThunderCelt

75 units, Exeter top relegated club, 4/5 BetVic
  17. ThunderCelt

10 pts Wycombe to be promoted, 22/1 Bet365
  18. ThunderCelt

20 Units, Accrington to be relegated, Bet365 (taken this morning while BetNod was down; since shortened).

Edit - and 30 more points at Sky's 6/4
  19. ThunderCelt

20 units Wycombe to be relegated, 80/1, Bet365
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

You've backed 'em for a high and low finish TC!
    I do like an outsider and have chucked a couple of quid on the 80/1 myself, just in case. Though i think any points deduction is more likely to happen next season if any. Good luck to us and down with the Wycombe :thumb